Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TS v6.10 - final version
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
Vlad
New version of TS is available for download:

TS v6.10

Some installation options:

1. SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.6 + BGT v1.01 + BGT Tweaks + TS v6.10 + NeJ2 v6.7 + BGT Songs

2. SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.6 + TS v6.10 + NeJ2 v6.7

3. SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.6 + BGT v1.01 + BGT Tweaks + TS v6.10

4. SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.6 + TS v6.10

and so on.

Please pay attention that Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.6 is a MUST!

If you wish to install BGT, you should:

a. download the BGT TP2 file;
b. unpack the downloaded BGT v1.01 package into your BG2 main directory manually;
c. replace the existing Setup-BGT.TP2 with the downloaded (above mentioned) TP2 file;
d. install BGT prior to installation of TS and NeJ2 (see above).

You may optionally restore the original BG1 songs.

Please download and install said component in the end of your installation (see above). Before you move from BG1 to BG2, it would be a nice idea to uninstall this component in order to return the BG2, TS and NeJ2 songs.

Please don't complain about the installation problems. I have tested this and confirm everything works fine. If you read and strictly follow the installation instructions above, you won't have a problem with this game.

I would like to remind you that I do not support mods compatibility except BGT + TS + NeJ2. I simply do not care about it. Moreover, for the sake of the game stability, playability and your own enjoyment, I strongly oppose any further modifications to suggested combination of BGT + TS + NeJ2.

Good luck!

[Link to BGT tp2 fixed. -Baronius]
ronin69hof
Link for BGT tp2 gives a 404 error

ronin
Chev
I just tried the link and it worked for me.
BlueCross
Strange problem with v6.10 install.

First, I did the 'standard' SOA, ToB, ToB patch.

Then Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.6

Then SoS v1.10
Then TDD v1.10

No other mods, etc. installed up to this point.

When I then tried to install TS v6.10, I got an error, and then the install said 'rolling back to v6.09'

V6.09 also failed.

Even odder, when I reextracted the v610 file to my BGII folder and then ran setup again, I still got v6.09 error (but no v6.10 error).

Here is a link to the debug file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.firish.com/SETUP-TS.DEBUG

Chev
TSv6.10 and Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.6

Does not work with SoS v1.10 and TDD v1.10 use TS-BP v6.09 and Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.5 and post bugs at ShS.
BlueCross
Thanks, that seemed to fix it.

Uh...

How the heck did you know that?

Experience? Looked at the debug file? Some things you just 'know'? smile.gif

Vlad
If you would read the forum posts and particularly this topic which you are supposed to read you could know this too. smile.gif
BlueCross
QUOTE(Vlad @ Sep 8 2006, 10:30 PM) *

If you would read the forum posts and particularly this topic which you are supposed to read you could know this too. smile.gif

You would not believe how many posts and how many forums and how many FAQs and how many readme files I read before settling on my original installation.

I saw posts where some mods were supposed to be before the TBP install, others said the same mods were after the TBP install; I saw some that left out completely that BD-WeiDU was supposed to be installed before TS.

I found more dead links than live ones; I found version numbers on 'other' pages that were later than the ones on the modders home page (heal thyself!).

Adding major mods to BG is more of a challenge than playing the game itself.

The amount of work that modders, players and others have done to bring us this amazing product is fabulous. But there is a price to pay, usually involving several reinstallations until it 'works' (as well as the hours of 'research').

As you are a modder, I suspect many of the techniques to use and to avoid are second nature to you while us more casual users have to fight through the massive amounts of chaff to get to the wheat.

So please don't chide for not reading the forum posts because I have, and have suffered massive overload because of the amount I have read. The skill I am lacking is figuring out what is true.

Chev's two line piece of advice saved me literally hours, and it was greatly appreciated.

((end of rant mode))
Chev

Adding major mods to BG is more of a challenge than playing the game itself.

I think some just play the install game and don't bother to play the game after they get it all installed. biggrin.gif There are a lots of posts that are misleding, out of date, or just wrong plus dealing with differnt version like TS v6.10 and TS-BP v6.09, and Tutu and BGT versions of mods.

Yes Vlad, I did know the likely answer from reading the forums, but I thought it was cool to be thought of as mystic BG player. laugh.gif

Sorry for hijacking your topic. Delete this post if you like.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.