Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Main Quest
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
Milandir
Greetings!!!

Just a quick question: if I hurry along to Gaelan with the 15,000 in order to get to Brynnlaw (and, in extenso, in order to get the Kachiko-Yoshimo main quest started - as I gather from what I've been reading), do I still get the chance to resolve the Chapter 2 quests afterwards in Chapter 6? Or even start them then? Ie, Trademeet, Umar Hills, Planar Sphere, etc etc in Chapter 6?

It's just that I desperately want Edwin in my party (Me, Viccy, Minsc, Jaheira, Kachiko & Yoshi), and Valygar as well, but I also want to play the main quest - naturally wink.gif

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!!!
Vlad
Welcome!

Advice: Please play BG2 normally including quests in Chapter 2 and 3 before you go to Brynnlaw. If Kachiko and Yoshimo do not have enough time to develop their relationships, the main quest of TS can be at risk. The same is true with respect to Valygar's and Sime's romances.

As a side note, I'd like to remind you that I support only stand-alone version of TS. I do not recommend installing other mods except NeJ2. Also installation of BDash-WeiDU 1.6 is required.

Good luck!
Milandir
Played through the main quest just now, and, I must say, this definitely has delivered some of the best mod-experience I've had in quite a while!
Great work!

(One minor issue: that chromatic dragon kept on attacking me - while my party AI was off all the time in order for that not to happen biggrin.gif) Kept following me around. Pretty funny.

PS: any way at all to keep those Katana's?
Vlad
No way to keep katanas, and no way to defeat the dragon (if you do not romance Sime). cool.gif
Milandir
Hmmm... If I'd want Yoshimo to betray me as usual, how would I go about in accomplishing that? I've chosen the good path in the main quest.
Vlad
You may choose either evil or good path. Try to play evil next time and you won't be able to save Yoshimo.
xburc
Actually, I did defeat the Chromatic Dragon without romancing Sime. All I did was attack it with lightning and ice wands, fireballs, magic missles and low level harmful spells. It was stuck in the small piece of land when it was trying to approach me, so it was easy....we are talking about the same creature, right? The red one with horns and hoofs and two swords? huh.gif
Milandir
Sorry to be so annoying, but is there any way to make Yoshi betray you at Spellhold if you've completed the main TS quest in a good-old-fashioned way? By adjusting some globals or the like, mayhaps?

Thanks for you patience Vlad, really appreciated wub.gif
Vlad
The red one with horns and hoofs and two swords?

It's not a dragon. I think you did not see the Chromatic Dragon.

...is there any way to make Yoshi betray you at Spellhold if you've completed the main TS quest in a good-old-fashioned way?

No. You cannot change few Globals, you should modify many of them in TS, and this will surely ruin your game. However, there are three options for you:

1. Send Yoshimo and Kachiko away if you do not like them.
2. Repeat the Island of TS killing all Hashimoto's clan in 24 hours and/or killing Najoki (Kachiko's mother). This is the evil path which leads to loosing Kachiko and Yoshimo's betray.
3. Refuse to help Yoshimo&Kachiko and sail directly to Brynnlaw.

Good luck.
Ryel ril Ers
Hi,

I have an interesting question. What happen if i go directly Brynnlaw and skip the main quest. Yosimo will betray, this is ok, but what happen with Kachiko? Is she leave the party just like when Yoshimo die, or is she stay and mourn?
Is there a way to keep Kachiko, do the main quest, but Yoshimo will betray?

Sorry for the idea, but i don't like the full happy ends.
Vlad
What happen if i go directly Brynnlaw and skip the main quest.
Hy Ryel,

What you suggest means skipping the mod. In this case, I suggest not to install TS at all. The results of skipping the main quest of TS can be unpredictable. In fact, I don't understand why do you need to install the mod if you wish to skip it after all.

Is there a way to keep Kachiko, do the main quest, but Yoshimo will betray?

No way. As detailed above, you can have either both of them or none of them, at least until Chapter 6. In Chapter 6, Kachiko will stay alone.
Ryel ril Ers
This is only a theoretical question.
I like your mod and i plan to play with it.
I apologize I didn't want insult you.

I like Yoshimo and his destiny. First i play Baldur's Gate my heart broke when i killed Yoshimo, and i thank you add an alternative way. I just concerned what happen Kachiko if Yoshimo "betray" the party, but i see this is impossible in your mod.

First I plan play the evil way do the main quest and kill Kachiko and Yoshimo if neccesary.
but I will be good guy this time and play the GOOD way (i never like be good guy in BG) to keep Yoshimo and Kachiko together.

A possible bug:
I think there is a method to keep the elemental katanas: the ferret familliar can pick pocket the pc. This is cheesy way to keep the rod of the god in the Cult of Eyeless quest and the adamantine armors. I don't try it, but if it is possible now, i hope to help you.
I hear the inventory cleared when the pc enter the arena, but what happen if (s)he have a familliar or (s)he summon a new in it?
Vlad
I just concerned what happen Kachiko if Yoshimo "betray" the party
In TS Yoshimo cannot betray party if he/you succeed to save Kachiko. But if you don't succeed, or prefer the evil way, then, of course, he will bertray you.

but what happen if (s)he have a familliar or (s)he summon a new in it

You know, it's always possible to cheat your way through the game, one way or another, or may be using CLUAConsole. And you know that many experienced gamers prefer this way. So, I cannot envise all possible cheating and introduce an anti-cheating code. But if someone wants to cheat, then there is no problem from my side. Just use CLUAConsole and create yourself those katanas. The problem is that they are too overpowered for you BG2 enemies, in my opinion.

Thank you for your comments, anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.