Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting Out of Kuldahar
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
kerill
I played the mod past the severed hand and went back to Kuldahar. The archdruid died but I couldn't find any way off the map except to go back to the valley next to easthaven, so I just went back to Irenicus' dungeon. Looking at the other posts on this forum it seems I missed the way out of Kuldahar can anyone tell me where it is? I looked through the faqs/walkthroughs and couldn't see the in there either.
Golden Thief
By what you posted you have completed part one. After you complete the severed hand and return to Kuldahar the only place you can go to is return to the CI on the second floor where you meet Yoshimo.

The second part can only be started once you get out. You have about a 15 day window to accept Hrothgar's request or the quest ends.
kerill
Thanks golden thief, the second part never started, but probably because i didn't have Hrothgar in my party. Alternatively it might be because I have the Big Picture compatible version installed- does anyone know if this has part 2? If it does I will start a new game.

Incidentally I had a problem getting back to Irenicus' dungeon when dar was in my party because the dialogue that ensued meant that I couldn't use the portal. Ig anyone else has the problem you can first kill Dar, use the portal then resurrect him with Jaheira (don't forget to bring his stuff though!!!!)
Golden Thief
Question about your party-- did you have Hrothgar in your party at the end of the first part when you were at the portal to go back? I don't see how Dar could prevent you from coming back but that also might be a question better asked over at Spellhold forum because Vlad doesn't support the mega installs.

IF you kick Hrothgar out of your party at any time you end the quest for NEJ 1 and 2. He is the essential party member you must keep until it is completed. There is no option to have him rejoin. No other mod install will alter that format.
Chev
QUOTE(kerill @ Aug 26 2006, 06:39 AM) *

Incidentally I had a problem getting back to Irenicus' dungeon when dar was in my party because the dialogue that ensued meant that I couldn't use the portal. Ig anyone else has the problem you can first kill Dar, use the portal then resurrect him with Jaheira (don't forget to bring his stuff though!!!!)

This is a known bug with Dar without Accalia in your party. I think Vlad has fixed this in the latest versions. The game is looking for Accalia to say something.
Vlad
Chev, this problem has been already solved in v6.02, so this is not an issue here.
Chev
Yep, I think he is playing an older pre-WeiDU BP-BGT version.
Alternatively it might be because I have the Big Picture compatible version installed- does anyone know if this has part 2?

kerill, you should post over on the BP-BGT forum.
kerill
Hi Chev, will try there too. Re-installed it again, seems to work until I get to the portal to level 2 of Irenicus' dungeon where, even though I have the portal key, I can't get through. Is this part of NEJ or is there something gone wrong somewhere?
Nalfein
Hi,
I stucked at a sooner part of the Mod. I just returned from the Dragon Eye and Arundel ist dead. Now I can enter the portal, back tu Irenicus' Dungeon, but there is no way to get to the severed hand. HOW do I get there?
Arundel said something about a southern way, the nature will guide me... bullshit, there's nothing sad.gif

Other question
I've got only Dar, Imoen + ME in the party. (Dar have to stay in the Icewind Dale when im returning to Amn) Can I play NEJ further?
Senka
You MUST have Hrotgar. Without him you cannot play NeJ
Nalfein
1. Without Rothgar there's NO WAY to the severed hand?

2. Severed hand, is this also a part from the Icewind Dale games (like the dragon eye)?

Thanks for answering
Senka
1. Yes
2. Yes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.