Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new dltcep features
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
Avenger_teambg
1. internal decompiler, this might yield better (or at least different) results as a weidu decompilation. This part might need improvements, i'm still looking for bugreports.

2. BAM splitter. It is possible to take the large PST animations and create a BAM which is usable in the other engine versions.

3. TP2 output. It is possible to generate the SAY <offset> <string> stuff automatically.
jastey
Cool things! thumb.gif
cmorgan
Hey there, Avenger; I am not sure who can read common workroom stuff, so I thought I had better post over here on this. I am hoping it is my error, but I tested vs NI and got some odd results compiling/decompiling scripts using the beta DLTCEP. Info follows:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...ost&p=63165

The Gibberlings Three Forums _ Workroom Common Area _ Strange Occurrence on Compiling Scrpits
Posted by: cmorgan Aug 19 2006, 10:58 AM
I was troubleshooting a section of code that worked perfectly on my last install, but had troubles now.

I compiled the code (snip of relevant section)
/* Found Gorion's Body too late*/
IF
Global("X#ImGorBody","FW2700",1)
RealGlobalTimerExpired("X#ImGorBody","GLOBAL")
THEN

which worked perfectly before;
a check in DLTCEP showed the code reads:

IF
Global("X#ImGorBody","FW2700",1)
Realglobaltimerexpired("rBody","X#IMGO")
THEN

A check of some of the other scripts compiled shows a very few errors like this; hard to track down.

Any ideas on what causes this?

Posted by: Andyr Aug 19 2006, 11:15 AM
Which WeiDU version is it using to compile? Is it different to before?

Posted by: cmorgan Aug 19 2006, 11:20 AM
nope: and I can confirm, stuff that has been working on compilation before is occasionally having results like

Realglobaltimerexpired("ndTalkTime","IMFRIE")

I KNOW this was not the case with these variables; I have been through them time and time again. This is not a typo; it is definite. I am rechecking in NI to be sure it is not a DLTCEP thing;

OK - panick over. NI sees this as perfectly fine. I am flagging this for Avenger as a DLTCEP beta problem; sorry for the scare.

A comparison read of decompiled scripts on DLTCEP Beta and NearInfinity-1.33b19-1.jar gives the decompiled references seen in NI as truncated references in DLTCEP. It appears localized to
RealGloberTimerExpired
with values longer than 5 or 6 characters.

Scripts comiled from BAF have this truncation, as do existing in-game scripts decompiled.
Avenger_teambg
Yeah, this is the kind of bug i was looking for when asking for beta testing the internal decompiler.
You can still use dltcep with weidu, just turn the internal decompiler off.
cmorgan
Cool... will do. And let me know if you want a test run with another beta version; I know what to look for, now, and a huge pile of project files to test them against. I have a 1 week from today deadline for release, but can definitely do two things at once, since I am rechecking each of the project files individually and doing cleanup after a gereral TRA.
Avenger_teambg
Ok, the fixed version is now in the main download topic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.