Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weidu packaging
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
Eirinjas
I have a non-Weidu mod that I've made that I'd like to make Weidu, but I really don't have the time or will to learn Weidu from scratch. Is there a gui, or a template of some sort that would allow me to make a Weidu package easily?

A side note: The mod is completely compatible with every Weidu mod I've installed alongside it so far. So, really this is about packaging and attracting players who won't use non-Weidu mods more so than for compatibility reasons.
Baronius
I might be able to help. Tell me what kind of files your mod has (area, item, dialog, store, spell, script, etc.)
Eirinjas
Mostly it involves item files, 2da, Bam, sounds, portraits, and originally fixes from Dudleyville & Baldurdash, but that isn't necessary considering how other mods are including them anyway & the availability of the fixpacks themselves.

I had given up on stores and creature editing due to conflicts, but I may reconsider depending on how this Weidu thing works for me.

I appreciate any help. Thanks!
Baronius
I'll send you a PM to ask some details.
Galactygon
Learning WeiDU isn't much of a hassle. If the code of certain tweak packs seem overwhelming at first sight, it's due to them being optimized towards compatibility by patching files rather than overriding them. I am guessing this isn't your case, so I won't explain in further detail.

If all you need to do is copy and set strings, you could take a look at less overwhelming codes and learn from them. Such examples are the PnP celestials mod and Fields of the Dead (although the latter is for BGI, the code could technically work in BGII).

-Galactygon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.