Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vampirism
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
xburc
Directly asking my question, I read in a previous post about Valygar being kidnapped to be turned to a vampire in chapter 6, but this doesnt happen to me. Bodhi just comes, threatens, leaves a couple of her minions and goes.

Now...does Valygar get kidnapped? If no, alright, I'll go resume playing. If yes, then why do I have to face every problem?? Am I really doing something wrong? I did all installations correctly, I followed the FAQ procedures, but still? I killed Bodhi, got out, Valygar did the necklace LT, but either I was too fast (I hanged around for tying up some loose ends though) or something is going on...

Vlad
There may be several reasons:

1. You're romancing or romanced another NPC.
2. Bodhi did not see Valygar near the entrance to her lair.
3. The romance was interrupted by sending Valygar away at some point.
4. Your PC didn't sleep with Valygar in the Underdark, and as a result the romance turned to friendship (if I'm not mistaken).
5. Other resons, which I cannot recall now...

You may attach your saved game (BALDUR.SAV and BALDUR.GAM) before this cutscene so I can check it.
xburc
Hmmmm....wait, yes, the fourth option might be a problem. Valygar did trigger his LT when resting in Ust'Natha, but I had no idea there was a choice for them to sleep. I'll try again.

But I am sending you my save game, regardless.
Vlad
Well, well, you were too infamiliar with Valygar in the Slayer's dialogue.
When he said:

"Come here and let me hold you for a moment. I know it's just an illusion but I feel like I am protecting you from the evils of the world",

the only answer which leads to continuing romance is:

"(*whisper*) Are you mad? What would the others think?"

and then...

"No, let them talk... (*let Valygar hold you*)"

Then Valygar says:

"Oh, <CHARNAME>, nothing is clear to me anymore..."

and his GLOBAL variable ValygarRomanceActive is set to 2, which means he falls in love with your PC. Only value of 2 of this variable is recognisable by Bodhi.

All other variables look okay, you have reached the LT41, the Slayer's banter, and I'm really glad to see such a progress. It means everything works fine in TS inspite of some negative feedbacks. Normally people do not post a positive feedback, they come just reporting bugs. Well, actually I got used to this.

So, the bottom line, you may return to the Slayer's LT and repeat it to get Valygar. Alternatively, you may wish to adjust said GLOBAL variable to 2. It's up to you. Once you put its value to 2, Bodhi recognises Valygar as a lover.

Good luck!
xburc
Thanks! Well...sorry for just saying this bug that bug, but really, nice job. Taking the Corthala Romantique in the mod is one thing, but adding Kachiko and Sime is another. Baldur's Gate 2 is really one of my favourites, but it does get boring after a while if you played with most NPCs (I even played twice with my own multi-player created party) so mods are necessary...anyway, good work on everything! biggrin.gif
Senka
As I remember, ValygarRomanceActive set to 2 after he presents to PC his mother necklace
Vlad
Sure, and after that there are also several dialogues where you can get this variable set to 2. However if you reach the Graveyard in Ch6 before LT42-43, then the whole scenario would be broken. In this case (just to ensure it happens), the Slayer's banter in Acylum also gives you this option.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.