Welcome to a new forum dedicated to Baldurdash-WeiDU! In my opinion, this is really a legendary project. Started and developed by Kevin Dorner as a huge collection of fixes for the original BG1, SoA and ToB, it turned to be a MUST for any gamer installing this great game. It is now an essential patch for the core game, and I cannot imagine what could be a reason that someone decides to avoid it. Moreover, most of the big mods were built on top of the classic Baldurdash, and therefore people playing these mods without installing the Baldurdash fixpack are under the risk of experiencing a variety of major and minor bugs.

Kevin Dorner has patched also many glitches and grammar errors in the text. The number of his fixes is huge. They all are listed and described in details at his site:

http://www.baldurdash.org/

I strongly recommend to visit his site. It's full of invaluable fixes and tweaks he made and collected for all BG games. Kudos to Kevin Dorner for making such a great game even better!

In late 2002, Rene decided to start conversion of Baldurdash to WeiDU in order to provide compatibility to this collection of fixes with other mods. In my humble opinion, such conversion was uncalled because anyway the Baldurdash should be installed after installation of the official ToB patch and would interfere with other mods in no way. I thought that if Baldurdash is being converted to WeiDU, then the next step would be conversion of the official ToB patch to WeiDU. Why not?

Anyway, Rene started conversion in late 2002 and didn't finish it in 2003. Later, he left the community, and his WeiDU version of Baldurdash has gone to oblivion as being buggy and unstable.

Then, in 2005, King Diamond decided to remake the Baldurdash-WeiDU correcting some problems and bugs of the original version. Initially, I didn't pay attention to this version as all my mods were built on the original version of Baldurdash 1.12, and people reported conflicts of TS and NeJ2 with the WeiDU reincarnation of Baldurdash. However, after thorough reexamination of the reported problems, I fixed them, and then decided to supplement a new version of Baldurdash-WeiDU 1.5 supported by King Diamond with some old and new fixes and tweaks. Unfortunately, KD informed me that he does not support Baldurdash-WeiDU anymore. So, I decided to take this support over, to amend the current version, and to release a new version.

I would like to encourage players and modders to particiapte in this project and to supply the bugs and fixes in order to continually update Baldurdash-WeiDU.

Enjoy the bug-free game with Baldurdash-WeiDU!