Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Corrupt Leina files, cant install v6.02 patch
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
zachD
Trying to play a stand alone install of Nej2v42b on SoA II/ToB

Have followed installation instructions exactly, as far as I can understand.

SoA II
ToB + patch
Baldurdash 1.12
NeJ2v42b - while extracting these files I run into:

CRC failed in NeJ2\Leina\music\MxLeinaA.acm

It says the file is corrupt or damaged. I re-downloaded the file from BWH and tried install again, same error message while extracting. But I installed anyways of course, and NeJ seems to start up fine. But at the end of the installation I get alot of: cannot find xxx file Leina etc etc, or something to that effect.

Regardless, it still starts up fine. Until I try to add Hrothgar to the group and leave Easthaven. Soon as Hrothgar's text finishes and he joins the group insta CTD. From reading the Hrothgar crash post lower down by MTS I find that its two of his innate spells that are causing the crash, and NeJ6.02 patch should correct this, or BP.

Only problem is I cant install the NeJ6.02 because it cant find the Leina files...

ERROR:error loading [music/MxLeina.mus]

after which it stops the install.

I have looked for newer versions of NeJ but all the links seem to be broken or the file itself has been removed.

Any ideas?

***edit: well, I found the way to fix it in the newer BP mega mod installation guide, although ive already abandoned trying to play it. Note that the dl off BWH page has the corrupt MxLeina file version, which im guessing you already know.
Vlad
http://vlad.blackwyrmlair.net/download2.html

There are at least 4 download locations. You may try IEGMC or BWL as well.

However, there is another solution:

1. Reinstall the game anew.
2. Extract (without installation - use WinRAR) the installation file NeJ2v42b.exe into your main BG2 directory.
3. Go to the following directory NeJ2/backup and copy the reserved copy of this file MxLeinaA.acm from there.
4. Paste the copied file into your Music folder of the BG2 replacing the corrupted version.
5. Click on Setup-NeJ2v42b.exe to start installation.
6. Install patch v6.02.

Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.