Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kachiko Resurrection Cutscene
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
xburc
Alright, so I came this far, and it was interesting. Kachiko's father commited suicide and Yoshimo asked me to raise her. I cast the Raise Dead scroll her mother gave me on her body, and she got up....but after the blackness of the scene fades, all my characters just stand there, waiting. Kachiko doesn't reply or start a conversation, and the game doesnt give me the control back. What did I do wrong? sleep.gif

I think someone had this problem and had their own way of getting through, but it didnt work for me.

EDIT: I have no other mods.
Senka
This is bug. Load previous save and try again smile.gif
xburc
Which previous save? I loaded the autosave from the other map's exit, but it still has the same error. After which point does this happen? I'm really desperate anyway, I didnt take Sime with me and my characters are fatigued and injured...

I also rested, should I have not passed 1 day time?
Senka
Umm... I never rest after Kachiko is kidnapped
xburc
Hmm, that might cause the problem too. I HAD to rest otherwise I couldnt have come so far, I idiotically left Sime behind to keep an eye on Saemon Havarian, just having my sorcerer, Valygar, Mazzy and Yoshimo left. I had to use almost all wands and potions I gathered since the beginning.

I'll just reload from chapter 3.
xburc
I don't understand...I started from the end of Athkatla at chap 2, I didnt even rest once since Kachiko was kidnapped, I spoke to her mother, I let her father do hara-kiri but she still isnt triggering anything when she is raised. Is there no apparent way to rid this bug? Save games wont help me.
Vlad
May I ask you once more what's your installation? I don't believe in this kind of bugs in TS v5.x. However, if you against all odds and agaist my recommendation do install v6.05, I wouldn't suprise that such bugs spawn in your game.
xburc
No no, I dont have 6.05 anymore. I had problems there.

After your suggestion, re-installed the game, TOB, its 26498 patch, baldurdash 1.12, tortured souls 5.05 and the 5.06 patch in the order I just said.

It worked okay, even the romances went alright. I even re-started from chapter 3 and played the whole island add-on, and this time I didnt rest once since Kachiko was kidnapped.

I discovered today that making Sime speak with Kachiko's father gave out another, better option to end the quest (the wisdom thing mentioned) and I thought maybe it might help. It just didn't sad.gif
Vlad
Please attach to your post the following two files:

BALDUR.GAM and BALDUR.SAV from your saved game before resurrecting Kachiko.

Also you may try to do the following quick fix - just unzip the attached file directly into your override directory replacing the present one, and start your game before sailing to the Island.
xburc
Ok, here they are. I am going to try again with your quick fix.
xburc
I started from before the island with the overwriten file in override. It still doesnt work.
Vlad
I had no time to work with your files. Anyway, I looked through the old posts and old problems, and it seems to me this problem appears only in several cases:

1. You have other conflicting mods installed - you reported none.
2. You didn't install Baldurdash 1.12 - you reported installed.
3. You installed v6.05 instead of v5.5 (please pay attention that there is v5.01 + patches 5.03-5.05 and v5.5 + patch 5.6).
4. Even if your installation is okay, you still use the saved game from the previous installation.

I really do not beleive that if everything is installed correctly like it said before, and a new game is started, you still encounter such kind of problems. We tested this version, and many many players have played it without encountering major bugs. So I doubt this is a bug like Senka said. But I'll work on your saved game anyway at my earliest convenience.
xburc
Well, I guess I'll just have to accept my situation.

Otherwise, I dont know about 5.01 or something, I just installed 5.05, then 5.06 as you told me to.

And when I installed those in the order you told me, I deleted all saved games and began a new game.

Worst scenario, I'll just skip the island. I saw it all anyway, I would just have to continue without Yoshimo&Kachiko and the stuff acquired.
xburc
Something odd happened. I thought this problem was only with the new area installed.

I just let Kachiko and Yoshimo go and I reached Spellhold. Now I'm in the maze, but when I climb the stairs, the PC should falter and feel odd or something, but instead the game takes control from me and the characters just wait.

I dont know what's going on, perhaps I did something to screw up the game. I had used CTRL+I for most cases. I know it doesnt work on this expansion, but just for the original banters. I am confused.
Senka
So I doubt this is a bug like Senka said.

I mean HIS own bug... rolleyes.gif

Otherwise, I dont know about 5.01 or something, I just installed 5.05, then 5.06 as you told me to.

What version you installed? There are v5.01 + patches 5.03-5.05 AND v5.5 + patch 5.6. Both work properly, I can swear smile.gif Something wrong with your installation, really...

Worst scenario, I'll just skip the island. I saw it all anyway, I would just have to continue without Yoshimo&Kachiko and the stuff acquired.

You cannot I afraid
xburc
Oh yeah, I have V5.5 and 5.6 with it, not the others and the patches of them.

I am certain something is wrong with me. I hope Vlad can see what is wrong in my files. unsure.gif
Vlad
Okay, everything works fine in your saved game. I have tested it several times with a new version. I'm attaching the sequence of screenshots below starting from Sime casting Raise Dead and ending with joining Kachiko. Tomorrow I'll upload a new version, and detail the installation once again. You won't need to start a new game, just use the same save you attached here.

xburc
I downloaded the new version and it seems to be working fine now. I hope I won't have any problems again. Thanks!!! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.