Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kagain vs Korgan
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Vlad
In a sake of continuity and development of another NPC from BG1, namely Kagain, I consider to move him from BG1 to BG2. However, instead of working hard, I thought it would be nice to replace Korgan with him. Then Kagain will inherit everything from Korgan including his banters, interjections and quest. He will appear in the Copper Coronet instead of Korgan. So, please, your opinion.
Andyr
I don't think it's a good idea to replace him; they have different personalities, statistics and alignment. Plus you'd have to replace all references to him in text with the name Kagain. I don't think it's worth essentially renaming an NPC to match that of a BG1 one. I don't see that anything worthwhile would be gained.
Eden
Same there, they havent the same profil so merging them isnt a good things, althroug i may understand your idea it would not be a good thing.
larrienne
QUOTE(Andyr @ Jul 5 2006, 08:20 PM)
I don't think it's a good idea to replace him; they have different personalities, statistics and alignment.

I have to agree with Andyr, Kagain may be gruff but he's not as unpleasant/nasty as Korgan. Using Korgan's dialogues would serve to make him more like Korgan than Kagain.
Bring him in by all means but, and this is only in my humble opinion, if you have the time that it will take to develop him as Kagain. Time is not an issue for me but I understand that not everyone has this luxury in RL. biggrin.gif
Vlad
Plus you'd have to replace all references to him in text with the name Kagain.

It's not a problem with WeiDU. wink.gif STRING_SET and we are set. biggrin.gif
erebusant
That's great, because I'm not certain I can live without Kagain running around interjecting his "Altruistic Moron!!" line. laugh.gif I think that one liner pretty much makes the character, apart from him being an outstanding fighter to have in a Neutral to Neutral-Good party.
ScuD
Kagain is added by TDD if I'm not mistaken and I don't think it's a good idea to replace Korgan with him (look at his alignment, do you thing a GOOD character will ever propose another character to drink and loot some srypt? wink.gif).
Your mod is really great, Vlad, and taking into consideration the its original purpose - the TC, it works as it is. Why do you want to make the things more difficult? Especially breaking original BG2 characters.
Vlad
He is LAWFUL_EVIL. smile.gif

Well, that's why I made a pool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.