Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dilaog>tlk error message installing ANY mod
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Small mods, tweaks and fixes
Hagatha
I was happy to see this topic mentioned below - but there was no answer as the poster figured it out.

I've had a very frustrating evening installing, uninstalling, installing, uninstalling etc. and am just about ready to pull my hair out trying to install a couple of mods.

Every time I've done a clean install of SOA/TOB plus the TOB patch, and try to install a mod (any mod) I get the unable to dind DIALOG.TLK in dialog.tlk error message. I'm not kidding, I've been through the install/uninstall process six times in the last three hours.

I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm putting the mod file in by BG 2 folder, and then clicking on the mod. I don't get any indication that the file is "unpacking" - it just seems to start to install, and then the error message comes up.

I know, for SURE, the I've used mods on this computer before, because I had, at one time, Tashia and then Kelsey, and I used Dungeon Be Gone. SO I don't know what the problem is.

Can anyone please, please help me?
jastey
QUOTE(Hagatha @ Jul 2 2006, 06:38 AM)
I'm putting the mod file in by BG 2 folder, and then clicking on the mod.

(This might sound like a stupid question, but) Are you sure you put the mod folder, the mod-setup.exe and the mod-setup.tp2 into the main BG2 folder?

What exactly is the error message, can you post the weidu-log (to be found in your BG2 folder)?
Januszka
Maybe you have the dialog.tlk set as read-only? Try to changen the permissions wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.