Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Valygar Romance
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
xburc
Hi, I'd like to say first that Tortured Souls is a wonderful mod.

My problem is, although I installed everything in order, Valygar won't initiate a romance dialogue with my female PC. Am I missing something? huh.gif

I got him before Temple Ruins too.

Everything else seems to be working fine, Kachiko is bantering with everyone and Valygar has improved items.

I'd be really grateful for some assistance.
Chris
Hi there! i've got the same problem. i took valygar with me, picked up marellas journal and completed the shadow temple quest, but nothing happened so far sad.gif Did i do anything wrong? is there a trick? and should i change some variables to solve this problem? hope you answer soon sad.gif bye
Vlad
I've recently removed TS v6.05 from download and re-worked a bit the previous version which turned to be very stable:

TS v5.5

Also I made a quick patch v5.6:

Patch --> TS v5.6

Installation order:

SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash v1.12 + TS v5.5 + TS v5.6 (patch)

You may try this if you wish.

Good luck!
xburc
Hey, thanks for the solution.

I noticed that I had downloaded an older version, I think the one you suggested the patch for, but then I found 6.05 here and installed that, its working cool.

Now, I dont know if I am going to face other problems with 6.05... blink.gif
xburc
*Might be Spoiler*

Well.....6.05 was going fine until Kachiko and Yoshimo turned to each other in various areas but didnt talk at all and something odd happened with Valygar. The last lovetalk I had was the one he suggested carrying the backpack, and after the timer came to the appropriate time, Valygar turned to the PC, and although the lovetalk song started playing, no dialog appeared. I reloaded the game from some old saves, but when it reached that point, it was all the same.

So I decided to uninstall everything and try 5.5 and the patch. I've been playing on that for a few days, but just like the first version I had, this one doesnt initiate Valygar's romance (they still turn to each other as if to speak). I tried using CTRL+I to force the banter in the party, but nothing for Valygar.

Well....I dont know what else to do. I really wanted to see what was going to happen. sad.gif Anything alternate to help me? Which version have the people who got everything in order?
Vlad
1. Are you sure you didn't install other mods?

2. Please read the FAQ:

http://vlad.blackwyrmlair.net/faq.html

May be you'll find an answer there.

3. CTRL + I won't work in my mods.

4. People tested v5.01 (+5.03-5.05 patches). The version 5.5 (+5.6 patch) you're playing is essentially the same as it preserves the same dialogues from the previous version without even touching them. So, if you start 5.5+5.6 with a new game and proceed normally without other mods installed (except NeJ2) everything should be okay.
xburc
Ooookay, so I think I've been a dunderhead because I didnt see that huge FAQ before, just checked read-mes. rolleyes.gif

I have no other mods installed, just everything installed in order you said in the last reply.

So now, picking up Merella's journal triggers the original script starting with 1st lovetalk, and it develops towards the one about Merella after she dies?

Also, could that "suddenly stopping" I had have something to do with "not giving enough player time"? I was around Windspear Hills and didnt even bother to pay Gaelan Bayle to trigger chapter 3? Or was that because I had version 6.05 that just wasnt stable enough?

One more thing, would the original Viconia-Valygar chat-romance affect anything? They kept talking, and Viconia even started chatting with my female PC, but she kept repeating the same banter.
Vlad
So now, picking up Merella's journal triggers the original script starting with 1st lovetalk, and it develops towards the one about Merella after she dies?

Should be so.

CODE
Also, could that "suddenly stopping" I had have something to do with "not giving enough player time"? I was around Windspear Hills and didnt even bother to pay Gaelan Bayle to trigger chapter 3? Or was that because I had version 6.05 that just wasnt stable enough?

I don't think it is *version-connected*. However, the romance is rather sensitive to what you do in BG2. If you just wonder in Athkatla without doing much quests, the romance do not advance. Valygar is a ranger afterall...

One more thing, would the original Viconia-Valygar chat-romance affect anything?

What do you mean by "original"? Is there any original "Viconia-Valygar chat-romance"?

They kept talking, and Viconia even started chatting with my female PC, but she kept repeating the same banter.

Well, I doubt this is TS related somehow.
xburc
I wasnt wandering around Athkatla doing nothing, in fact this problem occured in the middle of a stronghold quest (first in Windspear Hills, then after I reloaded at a point and tried again, when Haer'Dalis and troupé were captured). This isnt exactly a romance stopping issue too...the background music plays, they turn to each other, but no dialog appears. Maybe I did something wrong in the game, I dont know. I will see what is happening.

What I mean by original Valygar-Viconia is I think even without any mods, the game has their banter in it, but its not just a small banter, it's more like something Aerie and Haer'Dalis has. It might not be complete, I wouldnt know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.