Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Incorporation of other mods
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > World Transition Project
Chevar
There are some tweaks I'm planning on adding aleady..

the level50, and fixpack in particular. Are there any others you'd like to see included?
Awake
I'm thinking that were going to be making battles really difficult and this is going to be a really big TC, so i think that the level 50 should be raised a little more, if possible. Definitely the cleric refinement, the one that makes Talos the god of chaotic alignments, unless were replacing all of the cleric kits already. Ajoc's rogue rebalancing too.
Chevar
QUOTE(Awake @ Sep 12 2004, 06:09 AM)
I'm thinking that were going to be making battles really difficult and this is going to be a really big TC, so i think that the level 50 should be raised a little more, if possible. Definitely the cleric refinement, the one that makes Talos the god of chaotic alignments, unless were replacing all of the cleric kits already. Ajoc's rogue rebalancing too.

The level 100's a great idea, but I don't have the tables to make one.. i suggested it on FW.. I'll start a list.. I've got a lot of work to do tommorow. my second new area (i've completed 1 and 3(not posted online)) has a lot of rocks and small obsticles. the walls will be fairly easy, but the search map is going to be murder.
Awake
I have a nice list of stuff to do to, but i'll see if i can do the level 100 for you. Just tell me what you want included.
Chevar
QUOTE(Awake @ Sep 12 2004, 07:03 AM)
I have a nice list of stuff to do to, but i'll see if i can do the level 100 for you. Just tell me what you want included.

You've got enough on your plate right now. It can wait.. it's far from a priority.
Awake
all right then, how about the ease of use mod. if were talking level 100 were talking MAJOR battles, and 40 arrows aren't going to be much help. Since it's going to be so huge, there will probably be a lot of key items, and less room for extra weaponry and potions.
Sir-Kill
The game can get bogged down if you have thousands of stackable items I.E. ammo, so if you could make an item like the case, quiver, and bag of plenty for acid, fire, piercing, and ect. That would be a good thing I think.
Galactygon
And IIRC all game engines (except PS:T) have a hardcoded limitation of having the ultimate level cap at 50. I remember bringing it months ago back at TeamBG, and I recieved similar replies.

-Galactygon
Chevar
QUOTE(Galactygon @ Sep 12 2004, 02:30 PM)
And IIRC all game engines (except PS:T) have a hardcoded limitation of having the ultimate level cap at 50. I remember bringing it months ago back at TeamBG, and I recieved similar replies.

-Galactygon

I already have a hack for that.. go in with a hex editor and change the first level of "xpcap" and it will forcably remove the cap.. that info's all over the web. if there's more to it I'll track it down between maps.
Chevar
QUOTE(Sir-Kill @ Sep 12 2004, 11:19 AM)
The game can get bogged down if you have thousands of stackable items I.E. ammo, so if you could make an item like the case, quiver, and bag of plenty for acid, fire, piercing, and ect. That would be a good thing I think.

I already have an "bottomless bag", with a storyline to go with it. created by a wizard for the purpose of relocating his house actually.. it worked great until he tried getting it out of the bag... I'm sure you can imagine.
Sir-Kill
ha, ha, thats funny,

When i was playing bp-bgt-nej I had 1000's of arrows and bullets. Putting them in a bag does not help the number count, so if one got together say 3/500 fire arrows + 10,000 gold I say why not.

I would do it, but I can't make an item that works right to save my life.
Awake
How about just leaving the maximum stack at 400, that should be sufficient. And then the bag could hold more if needed.
Is the GUI Skin mod going to be included in this?
Chevar
QUOTE(Awake @ Sep 12 2004, 06:16 PM)
How about just leaving the maximum stack at 400, that should be sufficient. And then the bag could hold more if needed.
Is the GUI Skin mod going to be included in this?

No the guimod is not going to be included. It's there if anyone want's to use it, but I'm not about to make it mandatory. I've gotten too much mixed feedback on it.
Maldev
If you want some tougher battles to go along with this high level adventures, I've got some really nasty bad guys. I was doing a "Hell" mod with all the major demons and devils along with some Abyssal Lords just to spice things up. So far, I've got Orcus, Asmodeus, Lloth, Jubilex, and a few others. Let me know if you are interested in using them. My e-mail is maldev2002@yahoo.com if you want to know more.

Maldev
Chevar
QUOTE(Maldev @ Sep 16 2004, 01:26 AM)
If you want some tougher battles to go along with this high level adventures, I've got some really nasty bad guys.  I was doing a "Hell" mod with all the major demons and devils along with some Abyssal Lords just to spice things up.  So far, I've got Orcus, Asmodeus, Lloth, Jubilex, and a few others.  Let me know if you are interested in using them.  My e-mail is maldev2002@yahoo.com if you want to know more.

Maldev

When I start greating the hellforge areas I'll drop you a note.
Awake
yeah yeah, wrong thread i know. But you mentioned it in here, so i'm asking about it. What map are you using for the hellforge area?
Awake
spell-50+ mod. Seriously. With a level 100 cap. I don't think that the enemies will be very effected to a magic missile or two.

For those curious, this mod is not currently being installed in the mod.
Awake
another one. i saw this at FW

you can download the fix here

BTW, look here about the paperdoll you mentioned in pm here

actual thread
Chevar
Actually I plan on making sure things like the paperdoll fix is compatable..

BTW; I've already made character inventory bams before (paperdolls), but the current one for the draconian sucks, I need to make a new one.
Awake
yeah? you um, mentioned what kind of paperdoll it was. i was just saying paper doll for the sake of no spoiler(ing). i feel that this would be a spoiler if i read that. of course some people may not have caught it, and have reread it now that i posted this, and then it's my fault. But you should probably go back and edit _____ paperdoll out.
Chevar
QUOTE(Awake @ Sep 24 2004, 08:14 AM)
yeah? you um, mentioned what kind of paperdoll it was. i was just saying paper doll for the sake of no spoiler(ing). i feel that this would be a spoiler if i read that. of course some people may not have caught it, and have reread it now that i posted this, and then it's my fault. But you should probably go back and edit _____ paperdoll out.

BAH! doesn't matter to me.. I'm working in a joinable draconian.. no storyline posted tongue.gif a joinable minotaur(for the duration of one quest), no storyline posted, and a joinable trelf.. in additiona to regular NPCs I plan on having a few outcasets offer to travel with the party.. most of them are 'displaced'.. The intro scene will explain that a little. Whenever I get time away to write up the cutscene.. pretty cruel one at that..
Awake
nice. and i was sitting there trying to figure out how to phrase both of my last two posts without mentioning anything to revealing. oh well. maybe i should give everyone a link to that site you gave me, eh? tongue.gif oh yes, and i can tell them about.... laugh.gif

NEVER FEAR, SPOILERS ARE HERE!!!

not really.

oh, how about a cyclops, using the iwd animations?
Chevar
QUOTE(Awake @ Sep 24 2004, 08:39 AM)
nice. and i was sitting there trying to figure out how to phrase both of my last two posts without mentioning anything to revealing. oh well. maybe i should give everyone a link to that site you gave me, eh? tongue.gif oh yes, and i can tell them about.... laugh.gif

NEVER FEAR, SPOILERS ARE HERE!!!

not really.

oh, how about a cyclops, using the iwd animations?

Actually before I add anything in terms of animations I'll need to harass Galactygon about one of his projects.

The planned animations I'll be adding is the minotaur, general draconians (not including the npc), spider queen for the spider dungeon, harpies.. a couple that will be new creatures entirely.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.