Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NEJ v66--My Bugs
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Golden Thief
I just installed NeJv66 same two spells freeze the game SPCL145 and SPCL 148.
Copied thyem once again from BGT-NeJ compatiblity mod and all is ok.
Golden Thief
Thought I would add this in this thread.
The dialogue is still loops after Arundel is dead. The one "Why mother... we have been duped." The variable "VP_SharT_Arundel" does not get added nor set to two to stop it. It is the same as before.
Vlad
GT, could you please download her corrected script directly into your override, return to your saved game before talking to dying Arundel and tell me how it's going on.
Golden Thief
Alright!!!!!
That one worked no looping and it all played thru correctly.
Does this also fix the the Astrolabe?
Cause I'm headed to the top.
Golden Thief
Nope I'm still stuck at the Astrolabe.
Shar-Teel doesn't say her lines.
Accalia doesn't leave.
The machine gets fixed. The two cut scenes or one long one with slight break in the middle runs. Where Hrothgar is suppose to walk over to the machine, I thought he actually did. He does not go to the machine but over to the stairs.

Then were in a loop with
Larrel: You have returned
1: I wish to know more..etc.
2: And we will return again.

Nothing else happens.
Vlad
GT, please try to set the following GLOBAL value to 2 before going upstairs to Astrolabe area.

VP_Astrolabe_Talks = 2

If it doesn't help, please send me your saved game.
Golden Thief
Vlad just checked the variable VP_Astrolabe_Talks it is at 4 right now but will set it back to 2 and see what happens.

Edit
This is what happens I do get a dialogue of Accalia's that didn't happen but then it continues to repeat the same options. Nothing else new happens so will send you my saved games one before fixing and one after fixing the Astrolabe.
Vlad
GT, this is the most complicated dialogue in the whole trilogy. Actually, I have been recently explained that such dialogues cannot be introduced into the game. Hell knows how I have succeeded to make it working in the previous version. Now as I have introduced minor changes adding Shar-Teel to this dialogue then everything went awry once again. It will surely take some time to fix it once again. Meanwhile I have spotted a problem of looping. This is quick and manual fix which will allow you continuing the game.

1. Open DLARREL.DLG with NearInfinity.
2. Chose *Edit* tab.
3. Locate State Trigger 0.
4. Add the following tigger to the list of triggers:

!Global("VP_Astrolabe_Talks","GLOBAL",4)

You should get the following three triggers in the box of State Trigger 0:

Global("Astrolab","GLOBAL",4)
Global("Know_Larrel","GLOBAL",1)
!Global("VP_Astrolabe_Talks","GLOBAL",4)

5. Click *Update* button and then *Save* button.

There is another problem with moving to Kuldahar, but sometimes you can spot the corresponding answer and sometimes you cannot. I'll continue working on this dialogue.
Golden Thief
Ok,
This is what happens. I went back to a save before fixing the Astrolabe. You get all the options now. The only thing is that if you choose to go back to Kuldahar you do not go to Kuldahar but to the cutscene at candlekeep and Accalia does not leave.

But if you choose to go to the future now. Accalia's dailogue triggers and she leaves just as she is suppose to and the rest works just fine.

So now for right now the way it stands the option to get to Kuldahar does not go to Kuldahar.

Ps. Wanted to say I think your work on the other dialogue did some good because I saw several banters I didn't get before.
Chev
GT,

Do you have Dar in your party?? I got the same type of bugs with Dar in my party when Arundel was dying and at the Astrolabe, but not when I kicked him just before.
Vlad
It's a question of sequencing now. Shar-Teel was supposed to be the last NPC talking but now I shall move her to the beginning of the dialoues in Severed Hand and at the portal.
Golden Thief
Chev,
My party is Shar-Teel, Imoen, Dar, Accalia and Hrothgar. I have used the normal groups all the time and know how they act. So I wanted to see the new stuff with Shar-Teel. Since if it doesn't work it will mostly be because Shar-Teel is the new addition to the mod right now.

Also I can have more of an evil party with Shar-Teel. So now I'm off to the rest to see if Shar stops anything else and pick up some more evil characters. So Dar will have to go for the moment. Oh I forgot Taffic is here now too. Hmmm, choices, choices.
Golden Thief
Oh boy, something new is happening.
When I exited the dungeon I have two Imoens. One that gets taken away. But the one that has been with me all along is still in my party. All dialogues run nothing skips. Even Shar makes her comments.
Vlad
GT, I suggest to stop testing for a while. I should test it myself and eleminate all problems, then I'll upload a new version. I hope then Jan will finish Angelo's Legacy, and I'll incorporate that mod as well.
Vlad
When I exited the dungeon I have two Imoens. One that gets taken away. But the one that has been with me all along is still in my party.

GT, I've tried to reproduce this problem with your saved game five times, and failed. Everything goes smoothly. I'm attaching a screen just to show you that there are no Imoens, and Shar-Teel really makes her comment.

I'll continue to look for bugs.
Senka
QUOTE(Golden Thief @ May 19 2006, 02:47 AM)
When I exited the dungeon I have two Imoens. One that gets taken away. But the one that has been with me all along is still in my party. All dialogues run nothing skips. Even Shar makes her comments.

It's happeh if you instal the component of EoU "Shorten cut scenes". One Imoen is Vlad's, and another - EoU.
Golden Thief
Vlad Yep that is exactly what I got the total cut scene, Hrothgars & Shar-Teels dalogues. And since you run my save and don't get 2 Imoens. I must have a glitch.
Well, I'm going to start all over any way. New install, with the few corrections, I'll stick with 185, this is just for me own while you do your hunting.

Senka: Yep, I read about that bug with shorten cut scene and I never use it. All I do have is some not all of DOTweaks, Ease of Use and WorldMap, which none of them should mess with 2 Imoens, so I think it is something else.
Vlad
GT, please wait before starting a new game. It's worthwhile to wait I mean. I'm going to release a new version with fixed astrolabe dialogue anyway. Also once I receive Angelo's Legacy from Jan, it won't take much time to code it. So let's wait for version 6.61. smile.gif
larrienne
QUOTE(Vlad @ May 18 2006, 11:28 PM)
It's a question of sequencing now. Shar-Teel was supposed to be the last NPC talking but now I shall move her to the beginning of the dialoues in Severed Hand and at the portal.

Vlad, if you mean at the portal in Arundel's before leaving for Severed Hand, Shar is supposed to speak last as she passes comments on what the rest of the party have said individually. I am not sure it will make sense without hearing other NPC's opinions first.
eg. Accalia speaks of Hrothgar knowing her duty lies with aiding him first
Shar: replies something along the lines of it having nothing to do with duty but more with Accalia *laying* with the Paladin in the *biblical* sense of the word biggrin.gif
I don't have the exact wording of the dialogue in question on the computer I am using at present.

If I have the wrong dialogue in mind, then please, feel free to remove or ignore this post. grinteeth.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.