Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installation of Leina component, Warning
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Lyanna
When installing NeJ2v65, I received a warning at the Leina component that said "WARNING: cannot find block ... /o1edwin.bcs". Is this normal?
My other mods installed are:
BD-weidu v1.5
TS v6.05 [every components but no. 2 & 3]
NeJ2v65
Vlad
First of all it is not compatible with Baldurdash-WeiDU. Second you may wish to download a new version 6.6. NeJ2 v6.5 is buggy.
Golden Thief
Yes install Balderdash 1.12 non weidu. After that another thing to do is make sure the the Setup has beeen updated to the newest weidu of 1.92. Sometimes the older one doesn't find thing. So it is really a must for all mod installing.
Vlad
CODE
After that another thing to do is make sure the the Setup has beeen updated to the newest weidu of 1.92. Sometimes the older one doesn't find thing. So it is really a must for all mod installing.

I am not sure. Horred said something about this. If you install only TS and/or NeJ2, it's better not to update WeiDU.exe.
Lyanna
QUOTE(Vlad @ May 15 2006, 05:50 AM)
First of all it is not compatible with Baldurdash-WeiDU. Second you may wish to download a new version 6.6. NeJ2 v6.5 is buggy.

Thank you Vlad. But another ~300MB download for v66?!? I've downloaded the dlg only, uninstalled the v65, installed Edwin Romance SoA & ToB, and installed NeJ2v65 again w/ the new-released dlg.rar. Now I received more WARNINGS, "WARNING: cannot find block matching... /o1edwin.bcs"; ".../o3edwin.bcs"; & ".../o5edwin.bcs", all were related w/ oXedwin.bcs. So, at first I thought installing Edwin Romance would fill the missing part & updating the dlg folder would pass the warning, but those only added more warnings. Do you think downloading & installing the new v66 full version will truly solve the warning thing?
Grim Squeaker
You probably want to stop using REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK and switch to DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF, REPLACE_TEXTUALLY then COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS. Makes for a lot tighter patching.
Golden Thief
Vlad in regards to the updating of weidu from 185 to 192 this has been my personal experience test. I spend 8 hours one day trying to duplicate install errors that people had like that posted. I made several folders for installing NEJ4.2 and for 6 hours I could not crash the install. I stopped the program in the middle, I used Horred's autobiffer wrongly, I turned off my computer in the middle of installs. Not once during that time could I make one errors. Then I realized I was using weidu 192. When I went back to 185. for the next two hours I had no problem causing all kinds of install errors. Then I updated an install that produced an error to weidu 192. Guess what no error in the install.
So from my personal experience I will always update it to 192. I even posted that over a Spellhold and told them I felt like the worst unsuccessful crasher ever. laugh.gif

Edit:
Installed 6.6 is this a type of install error one should worry about? I have seen these before but it has never affect my game.
Warning:cannot find block matching [NeJ2/sFix/o1Edwin.bcs
There were a couple warnings of that type but all installs, it does not fail to complete the install.
Vlad
Lyanna, please read the installation instructions. It is clearly stated therein and spread all over these forum boards that the installation order is:

SoA + ToB + ToB official patch + Baldurdash 1.12 + TS (if you wish, better v5.5) + NeJ2 + any other WeiDU mod.

If you do not read the installation instructions, you are on your own.

You probably want to stop using REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK and switch to DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF, REPLACE_TEXTUALLY then COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS. Makes for a lot tighter patching.

Grim, thank you for the advise but it's too late. I won't aproach modding for a long time. Anyway, is it so difficult to install my mods first, thus preventing all possible incompatibilities with small mods?
Lyanna
QUOTE(Vlad @ May 15 2006, 06:47 PM)
Lyanna, please read the installation instructions. It is clearly stated therein and spread all over these forum boards that the installation order is:

SoA + ToB + ToB official patch + Baldurdash 1.12 + TS (if you wish, better v5.5) + NeJ2 + any other WeiDU mod.

If you do not read the installation instructions, you are on your own.

Grim, thank you for the advise but it's too late. I won't aproach modding for a long time. Anyway, is it so difficult to install my mods first, thus preventing all possible incompatibilities with small mods?

I've done it Vlad, except I used BD-weidu v1.5 instead of Baldurdash 1.12 & TS v6.05 instead v5.5, the same order. Are you pointing to the version mods specificaly? I mean, are you encouraging me to use Baldurdash 1.12 & TS v5.5 instead of those I currently use?
Vlad
CODE
I mean, are you encouraging me to use Baldurdash 1.12 & TS v5.5 instead of those I currently use?

Baldurdash 1.12 is *a must* for playing TS and NeJ2. Moreover, I really see no problem installing it after installation of ToB patch. TS v5.5 has proved to be more stable. However, it has to be installed prior to installation of NeJ2, and only once. Then you may install other mods if you wish. As I know, Solaufein has some dialogue incompatibilities with TS, banter packs are also incompatible with TS and NeJ2. The incompatibility list is pretty long by the way. However, I have no idea abot Edwin Romance. You may test it and say how it's going.

Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.