Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Summoning Shopkeep with Item
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
Nimandir
Decided to install BG2+TOB and play it again. For some fun, I thought I'd make a simple book that could be used to summon an NPC that could be used for a tavern. I was going to make the book conversable, but I guess you can't do that with the Throne of Bhaal Expansion. So, I took an NPC (Enemy-Drow Mage) and changed him from enemy to neutral, changed the dialog, etc. I've set up the store file and the NPC seems to be set up now with the dialog file I made.

Here is the problem. When I summon him, he has a green circle around him and I can make him move in different directions. If I try and talk to him, I get the message saying "(This Character) has nothing to say to you" message. I used Near Infinity to edit the character and used the Infinity Engine Editor Pro *weeps for TeamBG* to edit the store and item file. I also used the Infinity Dialog Workshop to do the dialog.

I'm new to using Near Infinity, I'm still use to using the editors from TeamBG back when they where still around. sad.gif
Vlad
In NearInfinity when you open your creature file, go to the line Enemy-Ally (offset 0x270) and chose NEUTRAL-128. He will turn to normal (blue circle) NPC. If you have added a dialogue to him correctly, then he should be talkable. Also check his script if it exists as said script may equally cause problems. Do not use IDU, it is a very very old and very very buggy tool. It messes dialogues upon saving. Better use WeiDU to write a dialogue. To change strings and states try to use DLTCEP. Also Talk Table Editor is very nice and friendly if you prefer something with GUI.

It is possible to make a conversable book by the way - no matter SoA or ToB. Structures are the same.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.