Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A bug with Lysan
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
damien
I can not finish the vale. When I try to talk to Lysan, the bar maid in town, it keeps saying Lysan - has nothing to say. Nothing helps.

Any suggestions?
Vlad
Any suggestions?

To tell me what's your installation.
damien
I´ve installed it with BP-BGT. But last time I played it I didn´t have any problem at all. I get this problem quite often when a character "has nothing to say" but it always changes. But this time with Lysan it just doesn´t work.

Is there any way you can create another Lysan????
erebusant
Did she talk to you the first time you entered the Tavern, and then won't show up in the cave in the Vale?
damien
Yeah I talked to her but I´m not sure if I get the mission from her cause she won´t show up in the cave. Now I can´t talk to her at all in the town.
Vlad
I´ve installed it with BP-BGT

Well, well, well..............................
Chev
I played with BP-NeJ and she worked fine for me. Something different with BP-BGT-NeJ? Did you install Banter Packs??? I remember reading somewhere that TS and NeJ might work with Banter Packs.
damien
She worked fine the first time for me to, but this time I forgot to talk to her before I entered the Vale so she didn´t show up in the cave. Now I can´t talk to her at all.

The problem I have is that she is standing in a corner in the tavern and won´t move and I think that´s why I can´t talk to her. Is there a way to move the characters in BG?
Chev
damien,

Do you know how to use NI? You can find her GOLBAL's and set them to 0, many of Vlad's start with VP_ .
damien
no I don´t know how to use NI, I don´t even know what that is. How do you do that and what does it do??
Chev
NI is Near Infinity
Vlad
Manually changing GLOBALs without knowing what you are doing will result in breaking your game. Instead of this please install either BP-BGT or BGT-NeJ2. You cannot have them all.
damien
How do you change the GLOBALS? Do you change it during the game like when you cheat (CluaConsole)?
erebusant
Can you attach your weidu.log file?
damien
Is this the one??

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name
~SETUP-BP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy -Big Picture version
~SETUP-NEJ.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey v1.3h
~SETUP-NEJ.TP2~ #0 #1 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen
~SETUP-NEJ.TP2~ #0 #2 // Now for the decompression of area .tis and sound files. You MUST install this for the mod to work. This will take a while so don't panic!
~SETUP-BPNEJ.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture patch for Neverending Journey weidu
~SETUP-BPNEJ.TP2~ #0 #1 // Do you wish to replace the Human Fighter Kit Guardian with the NEJ Moonknight?
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - Big Picture compatibility mod including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #1 // Setup default worldmap location visibility (recommended)
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - Big Picture compatibility mod including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #3 // Clothmap style map for Throne of Bhaal
horred the plague
QUOTE(Vlad @ Apr 20 2006, 08:05 PM)
Instead of this please install either BP-BGT or BGT-NeJ2. You cannot have them all.

Have you arrived at this concrete conclusion via thorough testing of these mods? Or is this a case of the exact opposite?

I "have" done extensive testing of these mods together; I played through the entire content of BG1 SoA, and ToB (Candlekeep to Throne). That is why I tell people they work together. Factual observation, from personal experience.

"With or without" the NeJ2-Biffer. The Biffer was not actually made for BP-NeJ2, nor for BP-BGT-NeJ2 (pure installs). Actually, it was made to prevent other mods (i.e., TDD, TS-BP, and SoS) from creating monstrous-sized biff files.

P.S: I do not expect official support from this forum, of any nature. The BP crowd is a very helpful, generous bunch--they will be more than happy to help me resolve any BP-BGT-NeJ related issues in my own forums.

I spent many hours insuring the successful union of these mods; personally testing it in gameplay; even re-writing whole parts of BP around the NeJ2 files, so that they did not overwrite each other. Simple acknowlegment of the fact that they "just might possibly" actually work together in relative harmony (barring the inevitability of human error--nobody's perfect! )--would suffice. Unless you have done as much research as I have, or more, to support your conclusion. I assure you I would not make such a claim if I was not at least 99.5% certain of its veracity.

I truly thought my extensive experience (and wellknown success) at mod compatability--in particular, my work with the author of Tortured Souls--would have earned me at least this much respect (or benefit of the doubt), by now. Perhaps, sadly, I was wrong. unsure.gif
Vlad
Bill, we are talking about the old version of NeJ v1.3 and old version of BP here.

~SETUP-BP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy -Big Picture version
~SETUP-NEJ.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey v1.3h

http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/index.php?showtopic=20062

[EDIT] I have no doubt that the new combination works well. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.