Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leina - new look
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Vlad
Here she is:
Sir-Kill
good stuff as usual Vlad!
however there is something odd with the eyes cant seem to put my finger on it....eh the more I look at it I guess they are fine. can you make the guitar strings change in thickness?
Creepin
Two details: I believe that her head size is slightly too small in proportion to her torso, and that her neck is like moveed a bit on the left from her line of spine, so her right shoulder seems to be more massive than left one.

As for eyes - very stylish! wink.gif
Vlad
Thanks!

Creepin, it is her cloak which is probably melded with her dress on the dark monitors.
Galactygon
I suggest you somehow straighten the eyes; the angle they are slanted to looks too unnatural, and the circlet should look more 3D and less flat.

Otherwise, I have no problems with her shoulders and neck or any other features (maybe the head is too small, but it isn't unnatural). What tool(s) did you use?

-Galactygon
Vlad
Well, I have intentionally slanted her eyes. She is of an elven nature. Who said that the elven eyes should be straight? biggrin.gif The circlet is really 3D, moreover it is treated with ambient occlusion if you know what I mean. The programs used are Poser 6 and Photoshop CS2.
Moongaze
Very beautiful, I have to say. happy.gif
Senka
Her diadema not centered smile.gif It's slightly shifted
erebusant
Well you know how it is, Senka, after a heated discussion with Shar-Teel,,, laugh.gif
Thauron
QUOTE(Vlad @ Apr 15 2006, 01:52 PM)
Thanks!

Creepin, it is her cloak which is probably melded with her dress on the dark monitors.

Probably Vlad, but my first reaction was the same as Creepin

It's probably because the cloak falls really unnatural, it is as if it is floating above her shoulders - as if there are broader shoulders beneath it. - It should hang down more, now it seems gravity isn't working as it should, or the cloak has been sculpted and transfixed in an unnatral position.

Excellent work though, love the expression and the very peculiar face. wub.gif
Vlad
Well, gravity is a problem in 3D programs such as Poser... and it becomes a real problem when one makes a naked girl. laugh.gif Sometimes I use magnets to add gravity to objects but it is a real pain.

Anyway, thank you for your comments. You won't see all these things in her in-game portrait. 210x330 --> 110x170 --> 39x60 ! biggrin.gif
Vasculio
I might add, all your portraits equal the quality of Planescape: Torment.

Is that what inspired you to use 3d imaging for your portraits?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.