Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Compatibility Question
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
ClefairyTorii
I have a quick question regarding compatibility.

I've read the stickies, and know NeJ2 and TS are compatible, but im wondering if the Banter Packs/Flirt Packs (by Pocket Plane) are also compatible w/ those 2. I ask because i'd hate to play through the game only to find out that a banter fubar'd something in NeJ/TS.

Also want to say great job on the mods. Im a huge BG2 fan, and it was quite refreshing to see an active modding board such as this still around.
Vlad
Also want to say great job on the mods. Im a huge BG2 fan, and it was quite refreshing to see an active modding board such as this still around.

Thank you.

I've read the stickies, and know NeJ2 and TS are compatible, but im wondering if the Banter Packs/Flirt Packs (by Pocket Plane) are also compatible w/ those 2. I ask because i'd hate to play through the game only to find out that a banter fubar'd something in NeJ/TS.

The answer is no, they are incompatible, particularly TS with banter packs. Also if this is your first game with TS, do not install the WeiDU version, please install v5.01 (+ patches v5.03, 5.04 and 5.05) or v5.5 instead. First you should install the the original Baldurdash v1.12, and then TS prior to installation of NeJ2.

Good luck!
ClefairyTorii
Thanks for the response, however i have another quick question:

Also if this is your first game with TS, do not install the WeiDU version, please install v5.01 (+ patches v5.03, 5.04 and 5.05) or v5.5 instead.

I'm not sure i understand this. Are you refering to the TS version? I'm planning to install v6.05.

SoA+ToB+ToB patch+Baldurdash 1.12+TS v6.05+NeJ2 v4.2b+NeJ2 v6.02 (cumulative patch) + any other mod compatible with this combination.

This is the exact install order i plan to do, and nothing else. I'm guessing this will work.
Vlad
SoA+ToB+ToB patch+Baldurdash 1.12+TS v5.5+NeJ2 v4.2b+NeJ2 v6.02 (cumulative patch).

If you wish to wait for a couple of days and then to download a new version of NeJ2 v6.5 which includes Shar-Teel mod, then please do so.
SimDing0
Flirt Pack I guess I can see being incompatible, although I'd be surprised. How in the world have you managed to stop Banter Pack working with NeJ?
ClefairyTorii
SoA+ToB+ToB patch+Baldurdash 1.12+TS v5.5+NeJ2 v4.2b+NeJ2 v6.02 (cumulative patch).

Where exactly would i find TS v5.5? I've been to the official TS site, and the only version for download is v6.05. Thanks again for the help.

Also, im wondering if there is a FAQ/Walkthrough that has the CLUA codes for the NeJ/TS items?
Vlad
The link for download the TS v5.5 is here:

http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=1009

Flirt Pack I guess I can see being incompatible, although I'd be surprised. How in the world have you managed to stop Banter Pack working with NeJ?

I have my own banter/interjection system. As TS was the first mod with a huge amount of banters and interjections, I faced some certain problems of avoiding the simultaneous triggering of banters and interjections from both TS and BG2. Hence, I was ought to work out my own triggering system.
Himself
I will ask this one though I fear I'll not have it answered.

I've been playing for some months with both TS, flirt and banter pack all installed (along other stuff), and there wasnt anything wrong happening that I could notice at least.

Or maybe this is exactly what was happening wrong: things not happening, so I would never notice them and did not knew they existed happy.gif

But really, to my knowledge (not that big anyway), everything has gone as it should.

The question is then, are there really triggers or instances that could get into conflict between these mods? Proven? Or is it all just hypothetically? (AKA better safe than sorry).

I would hate to have to leave any of these mods ouf of the pile, they are some of the best there is.
Himself
Don't bother, seanas was kind enough to give me an answer.

http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/index.php?showtopic=21381

Its not like Vlad anwser isnt good, but if the doctor said he needed to saw off one of your limbs for compliance sake, you surely would search for a second opinion smile.gif
Vlad
I remeber this nick - Himself. How are you?

With respect to your question, well, TS NPC's are very talkable, there are many romantic banters/lovetalks from both Valygar and Sime, Yoshimo and Kachiko also talk, Valygar has a flirt pack, Sime talks a lot with other NPCs, particularly with Minsc. I know for sure if TS NPCs do not talk, there is a conflict. Also I know for sure that in pure TS everything works fine. All problems come from interactions with other mods. There are many mods which were found to be compatible with TS though. However, mods which touch banters of the major TS NPCs (Yoshimo, Kachiko, Valygar and Sime) proved to be incompatible.
Himself
Heya Vlad, doing good, trying to get some more from my best crpg of all times smile.gif

Glad to see you're still on the boat.

I knew some things were very problematic way back.. mostly due to the lack of... eveything biggrin.gif had to do things ninja style.

However, mods which touch banters of the major TS NPCs (Yoshimo, Kachiko, Valygar and Sime) proved to be incompatible.

*SPOILERS*

My party is Minsc/Yoshi/Kachi/Jan/Sime.

I have banter/flirt and I'm trying to romamce Sime right now, though I have just got her and she only talked about Aran and her mother, she also talked with Jan about Amalia, who had no hair at all and whore a wig. seanas mentioned that if banter/flirt are installed after TS everything should work fine (more or less).

If not, What kind of incompatible is to be expected? Silence? From which side, TS or banters?

Kachi and yoshi are doing fine so far, Minsc and Kachi talked about the potion, I havent touched valygar as of yet.

Does that mean that apparently both mods are working fine? Or are things supposed to run bad on the other side? (on flirts and banters with characters other than the ones from TS)

I take banter should mess with yoshimo and valygar (flirt hmm.. dunno), but I dont know if any banterpack specific dialogue already went with yoshimo, I could try to search for them and see if they happen.

If you could, is there anything that you rememeber right now which should point that things went wrong? I'll try to dig/search for anything you mention.
Vlad
Glad to see you come back! Well, frankly speaking, I tried to leave several times, but after a month or two just come back to modding.

I'm very interested in testing the new version of TS - v6.06. It should be much more stable than all previous versions. Could you please test it (even combined with other mods you wish to play). Installation should be as follows:

SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.6 + TS v6.06 + other mods*

*Other mods, I mean those which append/extend dialogues and scripts properly. As I see from your post, everything is okay in your game. Also, please wait for at least 5-6 romantic talks bewteen Yoshimo and Kachiko before sailing to the Island. Also a good sign that Sime's romance proceeds well is vampires' ambush on her. From the other side, if you have both Minsc and Sime in your party, their friendship talks should smoothly advance to the point when Sime asks Minsc to pet Boo. Then if the cutscene is okay, it means that there is no problem with TS at all. You may also check Valygar's romance and his flirts. Normally romance starts after you find the journal of Merella (and Valygar is in your group). After dispatching the Shadow Lord, there should be a cutscene with Valygar and dying Merella. If everything works fine, then it is another good sign that TS has no issues. Please bear in mind that there are several class and race requirements to romancing Valygar and Sime, for example, Sime hates thieves other than her father, Valygar likes halfings (Merella, Mazzy - hint, hint...), Valygar does not like Anomen if you're trying to romance them both, and Anomen oppositely is trying to *open his soul* asking advices from Valygar (another hint). I mean many NPCs have their banter lines, which develops and concludes. Actually, that is what real TS is supposed to be, rich in banters and quests.

Good luck!
Himself
Bg is quite addictive after all, and by far one of the most successful communities smile.gif

Gee, I would love to playtest it for you, but TS is near the top on my install and it has tons of edited stuff (you could hang me for some things I changed in TS tongue.gif )

But dont tease me telling that 6.06 has lots of new things cause you're gonna make me cry.

Tnks for everything you pointed, I'll keep an eye open, if I notice something goes the wrong way I'll try to see if it can be worked out and tell you if anything interesting happens happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.