Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IWD animations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
Januszka
Hey.
Not sure if I have to post it here. Some spanish friend asked me to post for him a question. He was to know how he can import IWD2 animations to a BG2 mod.
Does anyone how how to?
Thanks smile.gif
Seifer
There's lots of things on this.

Several steps

1) Extract the one's he's after using NI
2) Use the information here to pick an animation slot.
3) Use the information here to see how he should structure the BAM files.
4) Add the chose value from step 2 to the Animate IDS, drop the files in the override and make a CRE. Then you're set.

Seif
Januszka
Ok. Thanks Steve, I dont really get the step 2, but I guess he'll manage smile.gif
Seifer
Well, the animate IDS is a file that reserves spaces for all the animations. The problem with the IE architecture is that it doesn't allow additional monsters to be added, only replaced. Some hacking by some dudes found tose additional hex values in step 2, that can be used whn adding new animations.

Chances are when the IWDII animation is extracted the BAM structures will already be in the right order. Your amigo would have to rename them with the right convention (check the tutorials for that) then he's away.

Get him to email me if there's any problems.
Vlad
Link to my tutorial:

http://vlad.blackwyrmlair.net/tutors.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.