Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kachiko not resurrecting
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
Nihil
Bug: Casting Raise Dead on Kachiko (after his father committed suicide, and Yoshimo urged me to resurrect her) doesn't do anything. Neither the scroll I was given nor a straight spell from Viconia work. Do you know of any way to rectify this situation?
Nihil
Ok, I managed to find a way around the bug. Here's how:

First, I noticed that casting Raise Dead on Kachiko would actually set KACHIKOREBORN to 1, only no cutscene would happen.
So, before casting Raise Dead, I used CTRL-Q to add Kachiko's corpse to my party. This way the cutscene triggered correctly, but I was stuck with two Kachiko: the new CG one, with all her equipment, and a naked LN one, i.e. the body. The problem being that the corpse-Kachiko couldn't be removed from the party, since she wasn't anywhere.
The solution I found: use CTRL-Q to join the corpse in the party, then remove it from the party, and *now* Raise Dead her. Now the cutscene triggers fine, and you aren't stuck with extra Kachikos. VoilĂ !

I'd include some info about my installation so that this bug can be explored, but it's a quite complex one: Tortured Souls, Shadows over Soubar, Check the Bodies, plus 25-30 smaller mods. I'm pretty happy with it, given that this is the first serious bug I've encountered biggrin.gif (the other being the Potions of Mirrored Eyes doing nothing against TS basilisks)

PS: Something to fix: Yoshimo's personal Katana doesn't recognize CG Yoshimo as its owner anymore.
Vlad
Unsanctified installation results in *CRASH & FIRE * warn.gif Be warned!

I feel reading your post that you enjoy exploring bugs. Then good luck! wall.gif balleye.gif

[EDIT] Seriously, if you are not a modder yourself, I doubt you reach ToB or at least with your current NPCs.

Thinking more about such rude misusing of my work I came to some definite conclusions how to protect it in future.
Nihil
Hey, I'm not *that* reckless. What I installed is actually a standard Big Picture version of BG2-TOB, without TDD. I just chose to play it abundant when it said "Step X: Install any other WeiDU mod" biggrin.gif (but seriously, I've been pretty careful not to install any mod components that stepped on each other's toes).

As for finishing ToB with my characters, well, we shall see... (Actually, you're technically right: I've already dropped Yoshimo/Kachiko for Imoen and Solaufein, and at the beginning of ToB I'll also drop Kivan for Kelsey tongue.gif)
Bill Bisco
Thinking more about such rude misusing of my work I came to some definite conclusions how to protect it in future.

psst: He was just trying to continue the game because he encountered a problem.

PS: There's nothing wrong with that biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.