Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CTD when accepting Hrothgar's Second quest
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey > Beta Testing
MajorTomSawyer
So I go though all the dialouge options when Hrothgar wants us to travel to the second area. I downloaded NeJ2v42b and installed it first with a few shop mods/tweaks, and the Sheena NPC mod.

I am sure this is me installing too many mods, so I am perfectly happy to overwrite one of the other mods so I can continue with NEJ2.

I won't bother C&Ping my weidu log, as I am sure it is my fault.

What could help me if you could tell me what files it is trying to access after I agree to leave and tell him about the portal so I can C&P them into my override folder.
Golden Thief
MTS,
Are you talking about when you are still in Easthaven or where are you at the moment. Is this when Hrohgar joins your party to leave Easthaven and it freezes?
Just add a little more info as to what has just happened before this.
MajorTomSawyer
That's the place.

I saw your other post about this so I tried removing both spells, no luck.

I figure it is because I had biffed my game (and forgot the patch).

So I am un-biffing it, applying the patch, then going to re-biff after removing the spells.

I'll post weither or not it was successful.
MajorTomSawyer
No luck.

Now I get an error "media removed, please insert Baldur's Gate CD1" or something like that.

I cannot even start a new game with my character by importing them via save, I get the same error.

Guess I will wait on NEJ2 for the new patch and/or version. I'd rather play with Shar-Teel anyway.

Note, I am not blaiming Vlad for this, it is my fault for not installing the patch and reading other threads first.
Golden Thief
MTS,
IF you don't biff the files and use weidu 191 it might work. because then the patch should remove them out of the override. just check the override before you start the game.
Another way which I am running a game with is installing BP-Weidu. Horred says that it corrects this file even if it gets biff. It has worked with mine so far. And I have NEJ-BGT with BGTNEJ patch installed some tweaks and then BP-Weidu. I am half way thru the first part of NEJ with out a problem so far. I quickly jumped thru BGT so I could use Shar in NEJ it worked correctly for me.
Just hate to see ya quit and have to wait.

Cheers
Golden Thief
MTS,
I just remembered something else finally.
When you said "Now I get an error "media removed, please insert Baldur's Gate CD1" or something like that."

You got that because you correctly used Horred's autobiffer. I got that too, the reason is because you had the NOCD patch and somehow the autobiffer changes the game back. So then yoou have to patch the game back it is not an install error I going to haveto post this for Horred.
MajorTomSawyer
Actually I did not use the auto-biffer, I manually biffed the override myself.

The main reason I decided to wait is my computer. It is definatley sub-par. It's can't even handle NWN.

Leaving only the files that could not be biffed I was let with an override of 320 megs (mostly the .tis files I could not figure out how to biff), which on my computer means several areas in the game would be slow.

I burned it to disk, and since I am hoping to get a new computer later this year. Figure I'll try it then, so even when I blow all my entertainment budget with the computer, I know I will have a game to look forward to. smile.gif
Vasculio
Note: I haven't try this mod out yet! But if it takes place after BG 2's Throne of Bhaal, then there diffently something wrong about the mod's npc's.

I'm confused why Hrothgar is in your mod? He supposed to be dead, and plus it he did survive in Icewind Dale after the avalanche. He wouldve either die of old age or would be a very very old man.

Heres the time table

Baldur's Gate 1 & Baldur's Gate 2 Year 1369

Icewind Dale Year 1281

Thats like 88 years apart!

Even Pomab should be dead!
seanas
QUOTE(Vasculio @ Apr 10 2006, 01:44 PM)
Note: I haven't try this mod out yet! But if it takes place after BG 2's Throne of Bhaal, then there diffently something wrong about the mod's npc's.

post less, play more: it will make complete sense as soon as you've started NEJ.
horred the plague
QUOTE(seanas @ Apr 10 2006, 01:28 PM)
QUOTE(Vasculio @ Apr 10 2006, 01:44 PM)

post less, play more: it will make complete sense as soon as you've started NEJ.

laugh.gif

Tom Sawyer,

I actually had issues with the CD crack that was included in NeJ2. It trashed my install, every time I tried to use it. I'm not going to tell you "not to use it", since it's not my place to do so here. Just alerting you to my issues with it. wink.gif

P.S: No other mods besides NeJ2 were installed at the time I tested this, so they cannot possibly be to blame for this problem.

[POSSIBLE TROUBLESHOOT]: Vlad, did you buy your discs when you were in America, or on (your) side of the Atlantic?
Vlad
I bought the CDs while living in Berlin in the Interplay online store. So they are supposed to be US authentic. Later on I bought the UK version in K.D.W. in Berlin.

For both versions the NoCD patch works fine until you modify your BGMAIN.EXE. Don't you?

[EDIT] The patch works ONLY on officially patched ToB version.
Vasculio
QUOTE(Vlad @ Apr 11 2006, 12:11 PM)
I bought the CDs while living in Berlin in the Interplay online store. So they are supposed to be US authentic. Later on I bought the UK version in K.D.W. in Berlin.

For both versions the NoCD patch works fine until you modify your BGMAIN.EXE. Don't you?

Well i do have the main BG.exe, TalkDialog and override folder backed up in winrar format.

I'm willing to give it a shot!
horred the plague
QUOTE(Vlad @ Apr 11 2006, 08:11 AM)

I'll have to rescind my statement, as I just gave it a test with a BGMAIN I know was unmodified. The crack worked fine.

The one I was using probably had been modded, and changed back (most likely the XP Patcher from BGT). I concur that it will most definitely screw up an already-modded BGMAIN.
MajorTomSawyer
Mine was probably caused by The EoU XP cap remover.

That makes sense.
Vlad
I presume you don't *biff* the NeJ2 content. Otherwise the crash is reasonable.

[EDIT] I think explanation is needed. There are two original BioWare innate spells which upon saving have been broken. These spells cause this crash because they are innate abilities of a paladin, and you join Hrothgar with these spells in his innate slots. Patch 6.02 along with other fixes was aimed to remove those two spells (just to delete them). If you biff your NeJ2 content these two broken spells automatically go to a BIFF. If you don't biff but install other mods which could also biff the content of your override - the broken spells remain untouched after applying the patch. So if you want to biff your content, please remove those two spells manually just after installation of 4.2b or install the whole (with all components) patch 6.02 which removes them automatically.
horred the plague
Just an added note: if you choose to use the biffer I provided, keep in mind that it is geared for using with BP. BP itself will fix the innate spells (sets level of all of these to level one) so that they will not crash--biffed or not.

Without BP, the NeJ2Biffer will indeed cause the scenario that Vlad has outlined above. Forewarned is forearmed.... wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.