Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NeJ 1 + 2 install problem
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Minotaur
I LOVED NeJ 1.

When I saw, over at Dragon's Hoard that NeJ 1+2 was available for D/L I jumped at it. 334MG and worth every second of the two and a half hour D/L time I figured.

Soooo I D/L and decide to use Multigame installer to set up the mod. I put the ToB fix pack in the original before I did this and when I tried to install it I get as far as WeiDU screen and a message saying that Pt1 of NeJ will be skipped because the ToB patch is needed.

Other lil items installed out of the eleven options.

Pt2 of NeJ would not install, probably as Pt1 was not installed first, at a guess.

So, delete everything and start over with a new clone.

Cut to the chase - after 11 hours of trying I give up and decide to install it in my Original BG2 directory...thereby ruining it for any future clones.

Same damned thing happens.

I HAVE installed (Several times now) the ToB Patch that this mod's install screen sez it needs.

Uhm, not to be a pain here, but, what gives?

Minotaur
Golden Thief
Are installing it by itself or with other mods.

If by itself them make sure you have SoA-ToB then official BIoware update and the use Balderdash 1.12 do not use Balderdash-Wedui 1.5 that is not compatibale with it.

If every thing installs and at the very end you get a message box that you need The ToB update forget it cause it all is installed. That always comes up at the end.
Vlad
Please check that you have the following files. All these problems are caused by incorrect installation. You simply don't follow the installation instructions.

SoA + ToB + ToB patch 26489 + Baldurdash v1.12 (original, not WeiDU, as clearly indicated in the pinned topic) + NeJ2 v4.2b + NeJ2 v6.02.

CODE
REQUIRE_FILE ~Data/25Dialog.bif~ ~Please install "Throne Of Bhaal" and the official ToB patch before installation of this mod.~
REQUIRE_FILE ~override/Animate.ids~ ~Please install the official ToB patch before installation of this mod.~
REQUIRE_FILE ~override/MusicList.ids~ ~Please install the official ToB patch before installation of this mod.~
REQUIRE_FILE ~override/CLASS.ids~ ~Please install the official ToB patch before installation of this mod.~
REQUIRE_FILE ~override/AreaType.ids~ ~Please install the official ToB patch before installation of this mod.~
REQUIRE_FILE ~override/Spell.ids~ ~Please install the Baldurdash fixpack before installation of this mod.~
Vlad
Just take in mind NeJ2 is not compatible with BP and/or other big mods except my TS, which you should install prior to installation of NeJ2. TS + NeJ2 are compatible with BGT, but you need to install BGT after installation of both mods, and then install the compatibility mod available for download.
Vlad
GT, Firewalker kit for Shar-Teel is inside the compatibility mod now.
Minotaur
Well, I am making SOME progress. smile.gif

Like I said, I Installed the ToB Patch before I tried to install the mod, BUT I neglected to install the Baldurdash patch.

My mistake.

I Have the Balderdash patch there now and... Well, I installed NeJ1 but when it came time to pick the option to install NeJ 2 I got an error rollback message. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, so far as I know I have installed all the patches out there, have full install for BG2 and ToB and no other mods installed.

(Though for future reference, I am wondering if NeJ will work with Imoen romance. It is NOT installed at this point!)

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong or need to get NeJ2 installed?

Respectfully

Minotaur - Big Fan of NeJ. smile.gif
Golden Thief
Minotaur,
Look in your Debug file for NEJ and post the error message it gives for the reason it roles back. That is the best way for anyone to help you. We need to know what it didn't like.

Also you might have to do a totally fresh install of SoA, TOB, official update and then Balderdash1.12 then NEJ42b. Sometimes leftover files cause errors.

To keep from always having to reinstall from scrach back up data & override folders then dialog.tlk and chitin.key

GT
dragonian
ERROR locating resource for 'APPEND'
Resource [SIMEJ.DLG] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [NeJ2/dlg/aSIMEJ.D]: Failure("resource [SIMEJ.DLG] not found for 'APPEND'")
Stopping installation because of error.

I`ve got this error when installing my game.
I have pure Bg2 + ToB + Newest Bioware Patch?
What reason could it be?
I have Nejv42b.

Edit
Talked about it with Horred for while and he told me that.
<Horred> & it appears to be somewhat ts-related
<Horred> since nej appends the simej,kachij, etc dialogs
<Horred> and they don't exist, if you didn't install ts
So i`m going to install TS 5.5 and then NeJ instead of weidu version of TS which i would install after.
horred the plague
The problem appears if you try to instal nej part 2 solo, without TS. I think if you move the following lines from NeJ part 1 to the very beginning of NeJ part 2, all will be fine here:

//Preventing possible errors

COMPILE ~NeJ2/fix/KachiJ.d~
COMPILE ~NeJ2/fix/BKACHI.d~
COMPILE ~NeJ2/fix/SimeJ.d~
COMPILE ~NeJ2/fix/YOSHIMO.D~
COPY ~NeJ2/fix/MISCBC.ITM~      ~override/MISCBC.ITM~
COPY ~NeJ2/fix/WMART1.STO~      ~override/WMART1.STO~
Golden Thief
dragonian,
You seem to have the same problem ronin69hof post "What did I do wrong" this is what Vlad told him to do

COMPILE ~NeJ2/fix/SimeJ.d~

It seems you have the very old version of the TP2 file left in your BG2 folder. I suspect then you'll meet more problems in your game. So please, download the latest version of NeJ2 v4.2b from my site:

http://vlad.blackwyrmlair.net/

and the latest patch v6.0a, and clean out your BG2 folder from old files before installation. Then proceed as normal.
horred the plague
QUOTE(Golden Thief @ Mar 20 2006, 04:10 PM)
It seems you have the very old version of the TP2 file left in your BG2 folder. I suspect then you'll meet more problems in your game. So please, download the latest version of NeJ2 v4.2b from my site:

and the latest patch v6.0a, and clean out your BG2 folder from old files before installation. Then proceed as normal.

Incorrect. While it is not referred to in part2, it is installed by this line (line 4247) from Setup-NeJ2 (v4.2b):

CODE
COMPILE ~NeJ2/dlg~

This folder contains aSIMEJ.d. This D file starts off with the action APPEND ~SIMEJ~

So....

If you do not install part 1 (or, got cheated out of it by REQUIRE_FILE*, as Dragonian first did), and do not have TS already installed---SIMEJ.dlg is non-existent. Trying to APPEND a non-existent file is a fatal error for weidu.exe.

*If you install the (unofficial, unsupported by this forum) install of more mods than this, we have been commenting out these lines and using BD-weidu afterwards. I don't believe that BD-weidu is really incompatible. Unsupported, definitely biggrin.gif , but it does the same things as the old patch, in a new way. Apples and oranges, to be honest. However, I found another issue with TS-BP, that makes it necessary to use TSv55 once more. So, the argument is moot for now.

However, if NeJ2 is supposed to be able to installed standalone, this issue must be addressed. If it is not meant to be installed standalone, a REQUIRE_COMPONENT (for NeJ part 1) would be handy to prevent this sort of issue. If baldurdash is important enough to use REQUIRE_FILE for, isn't the mod itself even more important?
Vlad
Just to summarise - violating the installation instructions and/or installation of unsupported mods, or cheating upon installation such as installaing the second part without the first one or removal of some lines from TP2 file, all this results in *CRASH & FIRE*. laugh.gif
horred the plague
QUOTE(Vlad @ Mar 21 2006, 03:20 AM)
Just to summarise - violating the installation instructions and/or installation of unsupported mods, or cheating upon installation such as installaing the second part without the first one or removal of some lines from TP2 file, all this results in *CRASH & FIRE*.  laugh.gif

I feel like a toddler, caught playing with matches.... unsure.gif

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.