Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sime romance question
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
Lord Prashant
i am playing a male monk and have TS: 501 (yes it's old but i never got the newest one to work, buhu) and i have a question about the romance with Sime. do i have to go to the asian place for the romance to progress, or can i skip that island and waddle to spellhold directy (yeah, waddle his name is Pengy)? i can't find anything in the search about this qestion so that's why i am asking.

and yes i've played the asian part before, but this time, i wanted to skip it. this is a great mod and all credit to all ppl who's been making it smile.gif

so back to my question if anyone does know, pretty please, will you tell little Pengy?
Vlad
If you've already installed 5.01 which I agree is a good and stable version - why didn't you patch it with 5.03-5.05 patches. However I'd recommend to install 5.5 (half-WeiDU) version anyway.

In respect to Sime, well it's supposed to work your way but I cannot recall whether anyone tested that way or not.
Lord Prashant
wiee, thanks smile.gif well those patches... i'm not sure they were out when i downloaded the TS mod. i got a TS only pack and i have a few TS packs that were supposed to be installed with BP only and right now i've not been in the mood for BP, mostly wanted to test Sime romance, more or less

but the game haven't crashed a single time on this computer so i'd say this mod is very stable, despite that i've got a few other mods installed (i have Chloe mod, ease mod WeiDU and of course banter packs, V6). so in my respect, it's a very good mod since it's so stable.

"While vile mutants still draw breath, there can be no peace. While obscene heretics' hearts still beat,
there can be no respite. While faithless traitors still live, there can be no forgiveness."
- Legiones Astartes Silver Skulls' Catechism of Hate, Verse 1 of XXV
Lord Prashant
if i upgrade my current version to TS 5.5, can i reload my old 5.0 savefiles? i have a bug in the game when Sime casts a spell and the game just crashes and it might be that this version is outdated. does anyone know if these sort of imported games in mods work?

oh, nm, i pulled a big chance without uninstalling the old 5.0 but it seems to work fine... so far tongue.gif
Vlad
Unfortunately, the answer is no. New version means what it means. Currently the only chance to avoid all the problems in your game is to reinstall everything. I'd strongly recommend to do so.

SoA + ToB + ToB patch 26489 + Baldurdash v1.12 + TS v5.5 + (if you wish) NeJ2 (4.2b + 6.02 patch)

and start a new game.

Good luck!

[EDIT] Please in future make the backup of your override folder and dialog.tlk file of the original ToB installation (before installing mods) in order to simplify the reinstallation process.
horred the plague
QUOTE(Vlad @ Mar 5 2006, 12:50 AM)
[EDIT] Please in future make the backup of your override folder and dialog.tlk file of the original ToB installation (before installing mods) in order to simplify the reinstallation process.

And perhaps the chitin.key file as well, depending on what mods you have installed. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.