Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How hard should the Vale be?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
1halfelf
I just wanted to ask a question or two... Can anyone give me some tactical hints on how to survive the encounter the first time I enter the Vale of Shadows? I just can't seem to make it --- I get attacked immediately by 3 yetis with 2 wandering horrors showing up a few rounds later. Another few rounds and all of a sudden I start seeing vampiric mists and invisible stalkers come into the battle. After several more rounds even shadow fiends join in the merriment! Is it supposed to be this hard?

I can kill the yetis pretty fast, and then I cast a Cloak of bravery to help with the horrors, but as soon as the mists start showing I'm fighting a losing battle. Even with all the fireballs and other spells I can cast I get whomped. The stalkers and Shadow Fiends just top off the carnage.

My party:

Taran - a 7/7 cleric/mage
Imoen
Yoshimo
Kachiko
Accalia
Hrothgar

I'm running BP-BGT-NEJ with all the trimmings. It's a slight bit of a beast, I admit, but it sure is fun!

Thanks for the help.

1halfelf

wall.gif
Vlad
BP --> please go to their forum boards at SHS. I support neither BP, nor old version of NeJ. There is a different level of difficulty in NeJ2.
1halfelf
Thanks! I'll head that way.
horred the plague
BP-weidu changes this, the shadows have been weakened significantly; in my last run through IWD/NeJ--BP-weidu, I found the Orc cavern more difficult than most of the Vale. ohmy.gif
erebusant
The Vale should be as difficult as humanly (or non-humanly as the case may be) possible,, biggrin.gif . However, if you have Jaheira with you and she's capable of Conjure Animals, you've got it made! Them Greater Bearwere's take a licking and keep right on wasting the Wandering Horrors and Vampiric Mists, and Shadow Fiends.
1halfelf
Well, I managed to get past the initial encounter in the Vale of Shadows. Lots of Holy Smite and Searing Light spells helped. I'm still having a crazy time with the undead in the tombs...

So Horred, where do I get this BP-Weidu that you keep teasing us with? I'd really like to update my whole install and use NEJ2 instead of what I'm using now. Thanks for the help guys!

biggrin.gif
Chev
Read this to find out more about BP-WeiDu
1halfelf
Oh... the suspense is killing me! I wonder if I can get away with a day off work when it comes out. Many, many thanks to all you folks who are working so hard on this. I am always amazed at what the mod community for the Infinity engine comes up with.

thumb.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.