Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to import PST animations to BGII?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
lijing_hi
But, is there any method to import PST animations to BGII?
Rabain
Yes there is, it is very similar to the one above except there is an extra step were you have to create a set of bams for a certain direction (can't remember offhand which one) by flipping the bams facing the opposite direction using Bamworkshop.

I don't know if there is a more up to date tutorial version around but the basics idea are outlined by Mortis in his (?) tutorial from the TeamBG days:

Adding PST Animations to Bg2
Vlad
outlined by Mortis

Don't mention this name here please. This guy is a plagiarist.
Rabain
Well it is his name on the Tutorial site.
lijing_hi
Thanks very much.

I've read that tutorial, but I just dont understand how to wirte the animate.ids after renaming the PST animate files to BGII format. I cant find the regular...Help!
jastey
Split and moved the thread here.
Vlad
http://vlad.blackwyrmlair.net/

Go to Tutorial section and download the tutorial. You'll find the answer there.
lijing_hi
Yeah, that's wonderful! Thanks very much!
Seifer
QUOTE(Vlad @ Feb 17 2006, 05:23 PM)
outlined by Mortis

Don't mention this name here please. This guy is a plagiarist.

Err, what am I missing here?
Baronius
I suggest discussing this in the form of private messages.
Seifer
I've only had one email from Mortis in the last three years and it's a safe bet he doesn't know this place exists.
Baronius
Regardless whether he would read it or not, I request the matter not be the subject of public discussion here.
Seifer
No worries, tis your pad after all.
jastey
On the other hand (sorry, Baronius) I would like to see a statement why one modder calls another one a plagiarist in public. Either that or the statement should be taken back, Vlad. Maybe that's the better thing as Mortis does not seem to be around to defend himself.
jastey
OK, Vlad just PMed me his reasons to call Mortis a plagiarist in connection to transferring PST-animations to BGII. Not knowing the backstory from my own experience I acknowledge it. The only further discussion about this should come from Mortis himself, I suppose. For anyone else who feels the urge to discuss this further I would like him/her to do it via PM with Vlad like Baronius suggested. Thank you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.