Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installation Problem
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Inactive and waiting projects > Azure NPC
jadorelordinateur
I have a problem installing Azure. The kit works fine but when i install azure and its on the extending script it says it has a parsing and compiling error. what do I do? huh.gif

the file they said to send is here:
balduran
Yeah, sorry about that. I got a letter about it some time ago, but nobody else seemed to have this problem so I didn't release a new version, because the files on my computer are in a mess of lately, and will probably remain like that until I finish the mod. You can try to install this one:

http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?...e=post&id=11218

It was used for debuging a cutscene. You can actually read about it in the "CutScene Problem" thread. Mind you, it's a completely playable version, though it was never ment to be put for download.
jadorelordinateur
Thx a lot biggrin.gif happy.gif
NewNameEachTime
I had another installation problem resulting from a parsing error in line 258 (I think) of the d/azurej file:

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I'm happy I met you, Azure. You are more then just a worthy party member. You are a friend.~ DO ~IncrementGlobal("AzureAffection","GLOBAL",1)~ GOTO 33

The problem was that the DO was written as Do... Just thought I'd mention that in case anyone else had similar problems.

* * * e d i t * * *

Oh, great... Seems Azure just messed up my whole dialog.tlk (sigh). Now every item description is a bit of dialog. Thanks a bunch.

Oh, well, off she goes again.
jastey
QUOTE(NewNameEachTime @ Sep 4 2006, 07:52 PM) *

Oh, great... Seems Azure just messed up my whole dialog.tlk (sigh). Now every item description is a bit of dialog.
Messed up names/item descriptions usually happen if you use a savegame where you had mods installed in a different order than they are in your current game, or if a .tlk editor (NI, DLTCEP, ..) was open during install.
NewNameEachTime
Yeah, I know. But my Azure installation fit neither of your categories.

It's the old TeamBG code overwriting rather than patching stuff, isn't it?
jastey
There is nothing in the azure installation code that suggests what you mentioned. It's a WeiDU installer with new text strings appended to the dialog.tlk and appending existing scripts like for all other WeiDU mods. What you said would be true for a mod that comes with a complete new dialog.tlk that overwrites the existing one, and that is not happening here as far as I can see in the code. I guess balduran can give better answers when he is online again.
NewNameEachTime
Sorry to sound so negative above - it was just the disappointment of instantly seeing the item descriptions turned to gibberish upon installing Azure.

And whatever happened, I do blame her for doing something (even if I may unwittingly have helped cause the mess - dunno how, though). All was well until installing; all was unwell immediately upon installation finishing.

As for installation order: she was the very last mod I installed.

Again - sorry for the negativism. Had a bad day.
jastey
No offence taken from my side. If you say neither the game itself or an editor was running nor you loaded an old savegame I have indeed no idea what could have messed up your text strings. Maybe you could give her a second chance. smile.gif
If you still find her messing up your dialogues this could be something worth looking into further.
Baronius
The TP2 and the TRA files have valid content, so Azure's coding can be no way responsible for the problem. There are two possibilities:
1. The problem was on your side. In this case, if you had installed any mod that time, the result would be the same (messed up talk table).
2. A bug in WeiDU, which occurs only in determined (but unknown) circumstances.
NewNameEachTime
I used WeiDU v195, if that would make any difference. And though I suspected I had somehow downloaded a semi-ancient version, I did notice that I have the same Azure as on your download page.

Anyway, while something undetermined happened, I am no longer blaming you. Lots of stuff could have been the cause - it was just that Azure was the obvious fall "guy" due to the timing (apparent cause and effect, you know).
balduran
As Jastey already mentioned, that bug is probably due to the uninstallation of some mod which is present in your savegame. I seriously don't know about bugs in WeiDU, but this is the only other reason possible.

The only bug I've encountered so far is not connected directly with Azre, but with the Nature's Ally druid kit. And I am almost certain that it is due to another mod, because it does not appear in a clean game only with Baldurdash and Azure installed. It involves using the kit for you protagonist and casting the Summon Wyvern spell. When the wyvern attacks someone, the game crashes.
NewNameEachTime
QUOTE(balduran @ Sep 8 2006, 09:04 AM) *

... that bug is probably due to the uninstallation of some mod which is present in your savegame.

Nah, if nothing's wrong with Azure I'll blame WeiDU in this case. Mainly because I don't do things like install mods midway through a game, or while running various other programmes.

Anyway, apart from my note about the azurej's spelling of DO, I think the subject is over.
Gergoth0
hi i have the same prob jadore had and the link isnt working anymore if someone culd reopen it or what ever it is that needs doing i dont actually know myslelf that would be helpful
Baronius
The forum says that post isn't available. It wasn't disabled, it's simply not there -- I can't do anything with it. It might have been removed by the author, I don't know.

A weidu.debug might reveal more details about your problem. I suppose Victor will check the forum soon (he was online yesterday, according to the forum).
Gergoth0
Ok thanks for that all i can do is hope soon rather than later i guess
balduran
Hi,

I am sorry I wasn't paying much attention to what's going on lately. I've been really busy and it's only getting worse. I also had some PC problems and I had to buy a new one. I salvaged what I could from Azure, so the mod will be fine once it is done. I have a almost playable version which needs a major flaw to be fixed before I can release it. For some reason an inn that I tried to revamp is crashing the game every time the area loads. Once I find a way to fix that, I will come out with the SofA content, which will be also compatible with ToB.
aphantasm
I'm having trouble installing this. Like the person in the first post I can install the Kits just fine but when I get to Azure I get the following.

[azure/d/azurej.d] PARSE ERROR at line 258 column 121-167
Near Text: ~IncrementGlobal("AzureAffection","GLOBAL",1)~
syntax error

[azure/d/azurej.d] ERROR at line 258 column 121-167
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [azure/d/azurej.d]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [azure/d/azurej.d]!
Stopping installation because of error.
goldengirl
hello everyone:)
first i would like to thank all of you for your hard work
in bringing us such great mods
it has made playing baldur's gate 2,fun again:)

i do have a problem
i am getting the same errors as the other posters
when trying to install the azure mod
druid kit installs just fine though
any help or sugguestions would be greatly appreciated
i have looking forward to playing this mod

oh by the way,i am new and i just love this forum already
ciao everyone:D:D
Leomar
QUOTE(aphantasm @ Aug 12 2007, 04:09 PM) *
I'm having trouble installing this. Like the person in the first post I can install the Kits just fine but when I get to Azure I get the following.

[azure/d/azurej.d] PARSE ERROR at line 258 column 121-167
syntax error

[azure/d/azurej.d] ERROR at line 258 column 121-167
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [azure/d/azurej.d]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [azure/d/azurej.d]!
Stopping installation because of error.

The error lies in this line of the "Azure\d\azurej.d":

CODE
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I'm happy I met you, Azure. You are more then just a worthy party member. You are a friend.~ Do ~IncrementGlobal("AzureAffection","GLOBAL",1)~ GOTO 33

You must change in this line the "Do" to a "DO" and save the file. Then you can install Azure NPC.
We fix it with the BiG World Fixpack, too.

Greetings Leomar
aphantasm
Wow responding to post that is a year and a half old. I no longer even have the Azure mod.
Baronius
Perhaps the problem's solution interests others as well tongue.gif

Wow responding to post that is a year and a half old. I no longer even have the Azure mod.

Glad to see that you still visit its forum though smile.gif
aphantasm
Actually I don't visit the forum. I had forgotten it even existed till the board emailed me about a response to this thread.
Seeker
i know this is a very old form but i'm just finding these mods, i loved BG2 when i played it in the past and love druids, and would like to get this mod to work but i get the error message

Error: can not find Dialog.TLK in Dialog.TLK

can some one please help
Hoppy
Do you have the rar or zip archive extracted into the BGII folder?
Seeker
i have the zip in the directory and and i extracted it their I'm using the setup-Azure.exe file is that the rar one?

i just made a new character and found that i have the naturals ally class that i don't remember seeing before but I'm not seeing her in the grove on an old save game dose it have to be a new one?
Valiant
It´s simple - just extract all content that comes from Azure.zip into main Baldur´s Gate 2 folder. Then you´ll get one folder named Azure (with big A smile.gif) and the file Setup-Azure.exe. Those two MUST be placed in main game folder, not in some subfolder!!! And finally run Setup-Azure.exe file, command-line window will appear and from this moment just follow the instructions on the screen. I have just tested it and it works like a charm...

Good luck!!

EDIT: You won´t see her, if you´re using old savegame. Also you must be in Chapter 2 or 3 in order to meet her, even if you start a new game... And the nature ally class is added by Azure mod I believe...
Seeker
OK if i have the class it might be working, its a cool looking class but I like shape shifting so I did not use it for my druid. I'll play the druid a bit and see, i had the Folder Azure is the main directory and the 2 things in that but if i don't find her on this new game I'll put them right into the directory not under the Azure folder, thanks for the help
Seeker
this is so frustrating of all the mods i found this is one i want to use the most and its the only one i can't install

i did what you said put them but thin the main directory and it got past the other error it fully installs the druid kit then asks if i want to install the NPC i hit i for install and it run and then gives me new errors

Parse Error at line 258 colum 8-167

and it stops the install and uninstalls it all
Chaplain
Have a look at this post smile.gif (from this thread)
Seeker
Thank you for all you help and patience, it tells me it's successfully installed but Ive walk all over the grove and dose see her on a new game a made after I'm i missing some thing or where is she found in the grove
Seeker
I'm still not finding her in the grove, and don't know if it is still an installation problem or if she their and I'm just lost and blind, if every thing is right where is she in the grove?
Seeker
Ok, mod works i was playing my pal and and my sroc and she poped up but not when she is said too.

"She can be found in the Druid Grove area, but only if you are currently in Chapters 2 or 3 (from BETA v3 on). That means that if you left for Brynnlaw before taking her into the party, she'll be gone."

both pal and sroc had come back from spell hold and past chapter 3 and according to the read me she should not be their but she is and my druid is in chapter to before spell hold and she is not their, very odd but the mod is working juts have to figure out why its working oddly. i will investigate that more but it is working thanks for the help
Seeker
i did some experimenting and it seem you have to be in chapter 3 or later do get her
Valiant
Glad it works. Not exactly like it should, but still...smile.gif

EDIT: I was doing my own research, too. And found the problem in a script that is appending AR1900 area script during instalation. Balduran forgot to correct the triggers.
If you take a look on the script named ar1900.baf (located in Azure/are/ folder in main game directory, open the file with e.g. NOTEPAD), you´ll find this:

CODE
IF
Global("AzureExists","AR1900",0)
Global("AzureFound","GLOBAL",0)
OR(2)
GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",2)
GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",3)

THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("AzureExists","GLOBAL",1)
CreateCreature("azure",[4935,1991],1)
END

(second block is not important...)

...but it should look like this:

CODE
IF
Global("AzureExists","AR1900",0)
Global("AzureFound","GLOBAL",0)
OR(2)
Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",2)
Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",3)

THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("AzureExists","GLOBAL",1)
CreateCreature("azure",[4935,1991],1)
END

(second block is not important...)

GlobalGT means that the variable MUST be greater than the value specified to be true (...in other words, Azure will pop up only if you´re currently in Chapter 3 or 4...). Global will correct this. So only thing you have to do is to uninstall the mod, change this two "words" in this particular file from Global GT to Global (...delete GT... biggrin.gif ), save it, and install it again. Then it will work as it was originally intended (Azure will pop up in Chapter 2 or 3)....

Hope now you understand this... blink.gif
Seeker
ok that makes sense, the only hard part is finding it in the text, it would be better if she showed up in 2 but i might just get the 15000 pay the guy to get into chapter 3 then go about other stuff before going back to him, but thanks for telling saying how to fix it if i want too
Valiant
...find it in what text??... blink.gif you mean mod readme??... of course it isn´t there, because it´s a bug... biggrin.gif

If you didn´t mean the readme file, then I don´t know what text you are talking about.... cool.gif

And I guess you should fix it in your local instalation. Otherwise you will loose the whole Chapter 2 you could have spend with Azure... wink.gif
Seeker
i thought it would be a long file i would have to look through i fixed that, this mod is still frustrating me though as much as i love druids and want to try having my druid and a romance with a druid other then jaheria, i feel that is weird and wrong she just lost her husband and she was like an aunt to you helping to raise you in the first one and now you start a romance with her, nooo, the story and character for this romancable druid is great but its just so full with flaws still i don't know how much more trouble this is worth i keep running into more and more problems, i don't know if this has to do with the install or not but when i have her in my party and we go to the dreams the game locks up and kicks me out when coming back out of the dreams, i worked around that for now with getting her after the first 3 dreams are over but after i have shero the wolf i can't rest, if hes in the party and i try to rest the whole game kicks me out to desktop.
ericp
Hello,

Sorry if this is a "necro-post" but it's relevant to the Azure mod, and concerns an install failure I haven't encountered in the past, nor has it been reported to the forum. This relates to Sharo's area-jumping script. Under Mac OS X, installing with Weidu 218 (weidu-mac), I get an error with the line in the .tp2 that says:

CODE
EXTEND_TOP_REGEXP ~ar[0-6].*bcs~ ~azure/append/sharojmp.baf~

The kit installs just fine, but the NPC does not, with the line as it is.

The error mentions that AR0500-BCS is not found in chitin.key, which makes sense to me, as the area file referenced should be AR0500.BCS. I haven't found how to correct this, but if I comment the line out in the .tp2, the mod installs successfully. As I'm a beginner as a modder, I've been unable to identify and correct the problem. My suspicion is that ~ar[0-6].*bcs~ should be coded differently, but I don't know how it would be changed, if at all, or if the real problem lies in another file somewhere.

If anyone knows how to solve this, I'd be most grateful for assistance, as I'd like the mod to function as intended. As it is, I'll be able to play with the mod in-game, but I'm concerned that Sharo won't behave as he should without a solution to this.

Thanks,
Eric
munchkin
hi.
I'm quite looking forward to playing this mod but I've encountered a problem when i get azure. she can't equip anything at all except ammo and everytime i rest the game crashes to desktop. this only happened once i got azure. i thought that if i get sharo the problems would be fixed but it didn't make a difference. i tried travelling to outside of the druid grove but still the same problems. any advice? I don't want to have to get rid of her.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.