Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ribald's Genie v2.7
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Small mods, tweaks and fixes
dragon_lord
Ribald's Genie v2.7

Download (844KB)

Version 2.x allows travelling to the Adventurers Mart, Trademeet and the Copper Coronet through a portal. It also allows trading with Ribald, Bernard and a Noble Merchant through the portal. Talk to ribald and ask him what other items he has that aren't on display. He will offer you an item to summon a genie (you must have talked to him 5 times for this to happen - a regular customer). The genie can't be summoned during combat, during chapter 5, after chapter 6 and several other locations (eg from the planar prison).

This new version also features a spanish translation by Immortality, a russian translation by iopden, a czech translation by Pan Baca and Neferit, a polish translation by Damian Staniszewski, an italian translation by Ilot (rtt.altervista.org), a german translation by Cronox, a french translation by La Voix 2 la Sagesse (from the d'Oghmatiques) and a portal animation by Sir-Kill.

Warning Note: If you sleep after being teleported to the Adventurers Mart or the other locations and a dream sequence starts you wont be able to teleport back to your previous location.
Baronius
I haven't tried, but based on the description, all of the known issues were addressed. Congratulations!
Januszka
Wasnt it being translated by some REO ppl?
I heard from Riojano2002 he was doing it, IIRC... Why having two differnet groups translating same project?
dragon_lord
QUOTE(Januszka @ Feb 14 2006, 04:16 AM)
Wasnt it being translated by some REO ppl?
I heard from Riojano2002 he was doing it, IIRC... Why having two differnet groups translating same project?

Immortality is the only one to have contacted me and translated it.
Januszka
Okay, then I guess Riojano2002 didnt contact the right person.
MajorTomSawyer
Cool! The old version is now a staple of my BG2 install list.
dragon_lord
Added a russian translation by iopden.
MajorTomSawyer
The portal graphics are beautiful!!!!
dragon_lord
QUOTE(MajorTomSawyer @ Mar 31 2006, 03:52 PM)
The portal graphics are beautiful!!!!

That it is, Sir-Kill did an awesome job on it. It's modified from the Demogorgon/watchers keep portal animation.
dragon_lord
Added a Czech translation by Pan Bača and Neferit.
dragon_lord
And now a polish translation by Damian Staniszewski. That was unexpected.
dragon_lord
v2.4 has an italian translation by Ilot (rtt.altervista.org).
bigmoshi
Hi, the link to the v2.6 file doesnt seem to work. Thanks.
dragon_lord
Restored. Everything else will be fixed soon.
Graoumf
Hello dragon_lord ! And happy new year to everybody here ! smile.gif

The d'Oghmatiques would enjoy to translate your mod in french. I will send to you the french .tra files when it's done ; I hope you're still interested by translations in foreign languages. smile.gif
dragon_lord
QUOTE(Graoumf @ Jan 2 2008, 03:00 AM) *
Hello dragon_lord ! And happy new year to everybody here ! smile.gif

The d'Oghmatiques would enjoy to translate your mod in french. I will send to you the french .tra files when it's done ; I hope you're still interested by translations in foreign languages. smile.gif

Thanks. v2.7 has been released to include the new translation.
Graoumf
Thank you for the french players!! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.