Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [SLIGHTLY OUTDATED] New subtitle for Ep2, screenshots
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > Small mods, tweaks and fixes
Pages: 1, 2
Baronius
The subtitle of Episode II has changed. It is now called Bitter Souls, instead of Black Superstitions.
I've been working a lot on the mod recently, but I don't want to write a progress report for the time being. I've posted some screenshots instead.
If you have any question or comment, please don't hesitate to post it here! However, I'll not answer a question if it may reveal something that shouldn't be revealed (i.e. it would be a spoiler). wink.gif

Bill Bisco
Alright you said don't hesitate, so here is my question. Is it coming out for BG first and if so, when will we be able to play this wondeful mod on BGT?

Looks great by the way. Look forward to it.
Salk
I am also looking forward to it, Baronius! The screenshoots are very nice! I was wondering if you would not mind write something similar to aigleborgne, that is:

Area Graphics: xx%
Dialogues: xx%

and all the other parameters you work on so that people might nicely see your creature grow under their eyes.

Some sort of constant update using percentage...If it's not too much of pain in the ass for you, of course! wub.gif
Baronius
Thanks for your compliments, and questions. smile.gif

The mod will be playable on any game conversions it will be made compatible with. I will release the BG version first, and then the BGTutu one, or both of them at the same time, I don't know yet. The BGTutu conversion will be coordinated (and probably mostly made) by me, once it's done I don't think that the BGT conversion would be too hard for someone with proper skills. If Ascension64 offers to make the BGT conversion of Episode II as well, I'm sure that the mod will work without any problem on the BGT-WeiDU engine conversion as well.

Progress percentages? smile.gif I could say, I'm not working on the mod continuously, rather periodically (with varying period length!). When I've time, I can work on it a lot, then there is no progress for e.g. 6 months... so the progress percentages would change only very rarely. But here you are, some estimations about the current status!
Main plot: 98%
Story details: 49%
Subquests: 44%
Dialogues: 48%
Creatures: 75%
New items: 20%
Area graphics: 100%
Finished areas: 70%
------------------------
Overall status: ~45%

Note: these are not final values, obviously. They just reflect the current, momental status. For example, what if I decide to rewrite the whole story just before the release of the mod tongue.gif A more likely example may be a new area I decide to add meanwhile, and it requires area graphics, then we can say that I was wrong with the 100% area graphics. However, at the moment, it seems that I've all area graphics required for the areas I'll make.
The overall status percentage is also not the average of the percentages, obviously. Partly because the specific percentages don't count with the same weight, and also because these are estimations, rough estimations. smile.gif
Salk
Thank you very much, Baronius! smile.gif
Andyr
Looks nice, Baronius. smile.gif
Ghreyfain
I would like to point out in as inoffensive a way as possible that the acronym for episode two is BS, and there's already a group called BS Mods, so it might be confusing in that there's to be a BS Mod, too. Not to mention that even if there weren't, BS is an acronym for a rather... indelicate term in english.

So there you have it. A little advice from the guy that came up with the name "Tutu". Take that as you will. rolleyes.gif

Aside from all that, the screenshots are very nice. Is that little girl standing in water as she's telling us about how warm it is? It's a bit hard to tell, although it might be different in-game, if it moves and such.
Baronius
Thanks for your remarks and compliments.

Ghreyfain: I was aware of the problem you mentioned, not because of BlackSheep mods, but because of the other thing you refer to. However, the acronym of the original title, Black Superstitions, was the same. But I could not find a title that would better express what I want (I and those who gave me ideas tried many combinations of Bitter, Embittered, Twisted, Shattered as well as Souls, Shades, Apparitions, Spirits). You are very right, this can be called a bs mod, as well as a BS mod. Neither are too lucky, I know, but I don't think this is so important. Especially because the first episode is also usually referred to as "GCE1","TGCE1" and such, instead of In Candlelight.

The girl is standing in shallow water (its surface is not moving, but it gives a plashing sound when you move in it).
worrow
Can't wait. Just love every BG1 Quest mod:)
Western Paladin
Looks great! I really liked Episode One and I can't wait to find out more about the Grey Clan's world.
Jab
Baronius: It's more than nice. I'm really impressed. smile.gif
Just one advice - these buildings could be darker. wink.gif
Eirinjas
Can't wait to play it!
sir thaddeus
Its been a long time since a post for this project has been made, but is this mod dead?
whats the status if it isn't?

thanks
Baronius
Fortunately, it isn't dead. It gets delayed even more, but good news that it will include more new area art than originally planned. The story and main quest are 100% finished, but many design and implementation tasks are left, and certain resources are unavailable, so I've changed my schedule in terms of this mod (I'll probably work less on it in the near future than I planned earlier). These cause big delay in the release (which means that February 2008 is the earliest date that I can imagine).

[EDIT] "near past" -> "near future" angry.gif
melkor_morgoth75
Keep it up Baronius, you rock! ;-)

mm75
Baronius
Thanks, I'll do my best! Good to see there is still interest.
SirChet
Baronius:

I'm glad to see GCEII is still alive and moving forward.

Chet
Baronius
Nice to see you here, Chet!

Yeah, GCE2 will be released. Maybe after one year from now, but the content will compensate for the delay. (It will be much longer than GCE1, with a brand-new village.)
SirChet
Baronius:

It's good to be seen. tongue.gif
I've been visiting from time to time without signing in, Lurking. laugh.gif I've been pretty busy with chptr2 of a NWN2 mod some friends and I have been working on. I don't have the skills to mod BG or BG2, so the other is a good outlet, he he he.

I just played TOD and it was very nice, I liked that the author gave you credit, so I figured it was worth a look.

Let me know if you need testing or other low skill help.

Chet
Baronius
Let me know if you need testing or other low skill help.
Sure I will!

I just played TOD and it was very nice, I liked that the author gave you credit, so I figured it was worth a look.

You are too kind! I was just a tester and a general advisor in certain minor issues, as far as my time allowed it. Glad you liked the mod, Valiant is a real talent and graphics expert.
SirLancelot
Wow, it looks pretty! I like the little girl screenshot, because that implies good news for me. I'm tired of hack & slash only mods.

Keep it up!
Salk
A small post to give support to this project!

Keep it up, Baronius and I am sure it will be a memorable mod like Episode I is! wub.gif
Jazhara7
*pokes to see if this project is still alive*

...because it would be a pity if it were to be dead. sad.gif

- sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
Moongaze
Knowing the boss, it's not dead.
He's simply a very busy man. You know, offline things and other BWL things to do. happy.gif
Jazhara7
QUOTE(Moongaze @ May 4 2008, 12:15 PM) *
Knowing the boss, it's not dead.
He's simply a very busy man. You know, offline things and other BWL things to do. happy.gif

If it isn't abandoned, that is good enough for me. I can understand the being busy part. Real life should take precedence over things like this, after all. I can wait. biggrin.gif

- happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif
Baronius
Thank you for your interest, Jazhara7! It's always glad to see such positive feedback (same goes to SirLancelot and Salk: thanks!).

Grey Clan Episode Two has higher priority for me than BG1 Quest Pack (but I want to release both of them, some day). However, for certain reasons, I don't have more time for IE modding in these days than what's enough for writing on the forum and administrating it (and *sometimes*, working on a few unrevealed BWL projects). This will definitely change, but perhaps only after a few years. On the other hand, I can promise that the mod's content and quality will compensate for the big delay (if there still will be interest e.g. in 2010). For example, according to our plans, the mod's areas will be completely reworked -- or more precisely, created from scratch -- by Valiant himself!

So, the most persistent players (who don't abandon the hope in the release of this mod) will not be disappointed! And it will just motivate me even more if I see there is still much interest.
SirChet
QUOTE(Baronius @ May 4 2008, 11:32 AM) *
So, the most persistent players (who don't abandon the hope in the release of this mod) will not be disappointed! And it will just motivate me even more if I see there is still much interest.

Persistent player and all around fan of you modding guru's checking in, and setting a place holder for when you release chapter II. thumb.gif
Baronius
Hey Chet, it's always good to see you! A Neverwinter Nights expert who doesn't mind playing BG and is one of the best testers of IE mods.
SirChet
That's Neverwinter Nights 2, thank you...and by no means an expert, just having fun tongue.gif

Please don't hesitate to call on me if needed though.

Cheers

btw...here's my favorite pict of Boo[attachment=2881:Boo.jpg]

Baronius
I meant Neverwinter Nights as a common name that includes NWN, NWN2, expansions etc.

Boo is a sweet little hamster (though quite fat I suppose, considering Minsc gives him enough food even when they aren't in the wilderness).
Leomar
QUOTE(Baronius @ May 4 2008, 05:32 PM) *
So, the most persistent players (who don't abandon the hope in the release of this mod) will not be disappointed!
And it will just motivate me even more if I see there is still much interest.

Hi Baronius,

You have said that and I come in, too.
You know it is a long time since we got good questmods. Every month we get NPC mods en masse. But we are missing these good old questmods. And with your prenounce of a new good questmod with new areas... biggrin.gif
Hey, I'm waiting until 2010, too.

Greetings Leomar
Baronius
Danke schön, Leomar!

It's good to hear that the need for quest mods isn't small either. I like creating stories and quest mods, so GCE2, GCE3 and BG1QP aren't the only mods I would like to make. It's another matter when I will get the time for their development, yeah, that's another question. laugh.gif
melkor_morgoth75
QUOTE(Baronius @ May 4 2008, 03:32 PM) *

Oh well, i'm one of the crazy man who's gonna playing BG until I'll be 70-80 ... so, i will play the sequel again. I look forward to it honestly ;-)

Keep it up Baronius, your works are definitely great,

mm75
Baronius
Thanks a lot, mm75!
Hoppy
Yeah, Baronius! One of my favorite mods will have its companions one day. I think you corrupted me now because I will never play Baldur's Gate without The Grey Clan Episodes. I think I can live with that tongue.gif laugh.gif
Baronius
Thank you for the support, Hoppy!
Western Paladin
QUOTE(Baronius @ May 4 2008, 03:32 PM) *
if there still will be interest e.g. in 2010

Oh, I expect there will be. smile.gif I'll be interested at the very least. Episode One is among my favorite mods for Baldur's Gate, and I don't expect Episode Two will be disappointing.
Azazello
Baronius, you always make good mods, always worth the wait. 'Nuf said.
Baronius
Thanks Western Paladin and Azazello! smile.gif
The Arcanamach

My two cents. Ep1 is the best BG1 mod Ive ever played and I never leave Candlekeep without it. So yeah, I'll remain interested in Ep2 until 2010 and then some if need be. Two thumbs up Baronius!
Baronius
Thanks for the kind words, The Arcanamach!
plague
Happy new year 2009 (I`m a bit late)
2010 is coming
Take your time ^^ I`ll be waiting
Baronius
Happy new year, plague, and thanks for the trust in the GCE2 project!

By the way, the site was updated to show "2011" as a release date (this site update happened many months ago, not recently), because I am not 100% sure that I can finish it even for 2010. The new Infinity Engine modding framework (IEMT) is also a favourite project of mine, and when I have free time, I tend to spend it for IEMT! (By the way, if you know someone who likes at least one of the Infinity Engine games -- e.g. BG2 -- and knows the C# programming language or any .NET language, you can convince him or her to join my project and thus I will have more time for GCE2 tongue.gif) With WeiDU (which will be replaced by IEMT), sometimes I'm not so motivated to work on GCE2, I admit.
Graoumf
Your mod are strongly expected, Baronius, and be sure that the d'oghmatiques are ready for the french translation. wink.gif The french one on "In Candlelight" was warmly welcome by french players.

Keep it up! smile.gif
Hydra_be
Two months ago I started playing bg again. It had been 8 years since I last played the game! I just finished a game of SoA/ToB with a PC sorcerer (kinda randomly picked this class and it turned out to be a very powerful one biggrin.gif) and now i'm replaying bg1+ToSC with a cleric on bgtutu (should have picked fighter/cleric for better thac0 sad.gif ). I really enjoyed playing this mod and I would like you to know this! I really look forward to playing a part II, especially if this mod is going to be as you say "stand-alone". Keep up the good work thumb.gif .
Baronius
Thank you for your kind words, Graoumf and Hydra_be!
Creepin
I remember being deeply impressed with Episode One when I played it years ago, so if you need more proof of interest then yes, there's damn lot of interest to see the continuation of the great story that's so abruptly ended! thumb.gif
Baronius
Thanks a lot for the interest, Creepin.

Yes, it's a pity that the story is not finished yet in the form of a mod (most of the Episode II story is already finished), and I have many ideas in my mind even about Episode III.

I really don't know when I can get to it. The only thing I can say now is that I still have the intent, I haven't lost it or changed my mind. The problem is my free time (and some other things that are not public). I apologize to those who have been waiting for years for the second episode. As I've written, I plan to finish and release it -- I just don't know when.
prowler
Hey, Baronius! What status Part II at the moment? =)
Part I - totaly awesome! Have a heart! Wanted Part II. happy.gif

p.s. Are you plan update Part 1 in a future? (I mean update translation)
Baronius
Thanks for your interest. Episode II and my IE modding activity is sleeping for undetermined time.

(As we know, GCE1 with the Russian translation is available for download in a pinned topic of this forum.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.