Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [SLIGHTLY OUTDATED] New subtitle for Ep2, screenshots
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > Small mods, tweaks and fixes
Pages: 1, 2
yves1cl
Hope you'll realease the mod one day
Couraga
@vGur
Your work is awesome!
by the way, it's 2011 alredy rolleyes.gif
Baronius
The mod is sleeping deeply, just like my IE modding activity. Sorry to those who are disappointed.
reverendratbastard
The day I'm disappointed with a situation like this is the day I make my own mod - which I am still 7 years behind even taking a significant step toward. :)

Frankly, when I see projects still unfinished (but still at least on a 'back burner' of some kind, rather than evaporated) it sort of makes it worth taking the 5-year break I took from playing BG...
Here's to the eventual completion, with no [added] pressure! ;)
Magnus
I played Episode One and I definitely liked it. As a matter of fact, I regard TGC as a personal favorite from all BG mods.

I hope Episode Two project isn't dead yet? And if not - when it will be at last released? Keep it up, there are still many fans patiently waiting smile.gif

Thank you in advance for answer.
Baronius
Episode Two is still sleeping for undetermined time for RL reasons. Sorry. sad.gif

Thanks for your kind words regarding TGC, I'm really glad to hear you liked it.
SirChet
Hey Baronius,

The release of another of your fine works would be great, but RL going smoothly for you and some free time to do whatever you want with IMHO is far more important.

Cheers.
Baronius
Hi SirChet!

Glad to see you're still around, and thanks for the reassuring words. I hope your RL is OK too. By the way, I might be able to come up with something in the future (not with GCE2 though), perhaps in 2013 or 2014, but I don't promise anything.
Sir_Carnifex
QUOTE(Baronius @ May 4 2008, 10:32 AM) *
And it will just motivate me even more if I see there is still much interest.

Here's some motivation. Get moving!

angry.gif

mellow.gif

unsure.gif

huh.gif

laugh.gif
Within Amnesia
So, *dust clears* Baronius; 'bossman' it is 2015 *pause - waits* [I don't know what to say?]
-First off I think that The Grey Clan: Episode One "In Candlelight" was and is probably one of if not the highest quality unofficial content '[micro-]expansion' that I have played for my favourite game: the Original Baldur's Gate. (Tutu I feel is an engine upgrade rather than a 'content mod'; even then I disliked the segregated weapon proficiencies and the Heads Up Display / User Interface so much that I like 'Vanilla' Baldur's Gate more so.

I am a fan and a supporter of your project and I admire your project's quality and characteristics. I would love to see both Episode II and Episode III come to fruition and when I look at the website exclaiming excitedly and 'ecstatically' over the upcoming 'unofficial content' to soon be release... I feel sad my stranger - friend; I really do. You know I contacted Mike from Mikes R.P.G. Center and I offered to update his website for the new Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Items [Since I loved his style of easy and informative item lists so much]. He replied and said that he does not want my help and he has found a new calling in life (pedal biking) and he likes to work alone and does not have the free time anymore. I went back to my home town around 7 years after I left to see my old friends that I grew up around; and at the time I last saw them when I was 13 or 14.. I came back and some moved away and some were the same but most were transformed into lonely stoners, hard-drug users and alcoholics. I was so deflated from realizing that life changes, and some times old memories fad away like a smile on a child's face when no one picks them up from school. I had severe 'family' problems and I had to relocated myself to a new town by myself to finish my high-school. I found in my new town that there too was so much drug use and young alcoholics and teenage pregnancies with looming families of dysfunction that were doomed their child(ren) to a life a of chaos and to repeat their parents addition. I saw this and I started an Airsoft club for people with nothing else but drugs and booze to consume to forget their poor degraded lives in their spare time. It was a good club, I helped build many people to be strong socially and formed 'brotherly love' for people whom previous did not see eye to eye with the 'other races'. Slowly though that too fell to change, more and more soft + hard drugs and alcohol crept into the young and the restless whom had little direction and no personal support. In the final year I was there I was vice president of the student council to a town I knew nearly nothing about and I had lost a friend whom I knew and played Airsoft with to suicide a few days before Christmas; he was a new uncle. I graduated beside his picture frame and accepted some scholastic awards (that I later then put away with others into a box) and walked out half way through my graduation ceremony to spend time with my distant family whom drove far to see me. I felt so empty knowing how short life is and how all innocent things change eventually. I moved back to my old family and to another town. I realized that change always happens and nothing is innocent forever. I most always grew up fast and I grew grey hairs until I found myself saying 'in my childhood' before I was 18 years of age. I really, really miss the days when the unknown was inviting and the prospects of a clear and set life seemed so real as if they were to waiting in the darkness to be clasped. How wrong I was to assume that I could walk such an easy path. Enough about myself, 'woe is me: boo-hoo and all that'; I merely want to express my relation to how events change, promises fade and past enjoyments get eaten away by time and change. I feel for you if you find your self realizing that life really is 'never' about what you plan for, but rather it is what your plans have for you.

I want to create an Expansion Pack for the Original Baldur's Gate as a life goal, 'screw it' if the game gets 'too old'; for me it won't. Life is so incredibly short, I have seen some of my close friends sit me down and plan their lives in depth and detail with me by their side in the most carefree and relaxed of mindsets; together laughing at our jokes, and laughing our fears away and playing around with the possibilities of what a fresh life can become only for me to hear 'the terrible news' a blink of an eye later and see the considerate yet out-landishly distant face of the gravedigger on how he is to plan their tombstones. I realize that we all have different paths and different struggles in our completely unique lives but.. It really hit me to feel that 'vacuum' to hold a physical memory of a loved one in the palm of your hand realize: 'that is it, this is all that will ever be and ever was of my dear fiend to those who never met him before; oh what possibilities that will never reach fruition: how shallow they all feel, the ghosts of their dreams and ambitions'. I see these dreamers and I look around only to find myself looking back at me. I look at you and I hear my own voice. I look at these empty halls of pages waiting to become dust of a forgotten memory; waiting for the absolute last day of this thread and I hear my own thoughts panging silently in my mind. I look upon your ambition and I feel my own will to live, and to breath, and to fight, and to create what will never die; Even though in the end we all eventually do.. Some unfortunately are taken before their dreams can live, and fight ferociously and then calmly die along with us when we are ready, and have spent ourselves upon a full life, filled with many daunting and painful struggles, challenges, failures and successes. In the end, together we die, equally as one. Although our voice can carry on far beyond what our eyes will give us to become our final sunrise and our final sunset, our last breath and our last memory. We can be heard even though we die and become nothing more than dust in an infinite galaxy, we can carry on, together equally as one; it is just a matter of what language you choose to speak: the physical, the spiritual, and, or, the mental in the hearts and the minds of those whom choose to remember us; together equally as one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.