Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New version or patch?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Vlad
I really need your input, particularly from those who has a slow internet. If the poll is in a favour of a new version then I'll release a new version in a single installation file. Otherwise there always will be v4.2b + patches (meanwhile 6.02 and 6.5 but later on may be others).
ronin69hof
New version, too many patches gets confusing and leaves room for error.

ronin
DEJAD
Agree with Ronin, FULL Version.
larrienne
Definately new version. Patches are good, but they can be bothersome as stated by ronin69hof.
Senka
Patch... sad.gif
Vlad
Senka, it's much easier to send another CD to you. wink.gif
MajorTomSawyer
Patch.

Some of us are still stuck on the archaic myth called "dial-up".

My connection is about as fast as a couple of tin cans with a bit of yarn run between them.

Usually I get a huge mode downloaded, and with how long it takes me, the new version gets uploaded before I finish.
melkor_morgoth75
It depends on how many patches or better the ratio ...

If you put out a patch any 2 weeks, it would become difficult to follow/download, but a patch is fine as long as you just need to INSTALL one and you only have 1 available (so that people don't become crazy wink.gif )

If you put an update once every 2 months let's say ... you could skip the patch process and just update the "core system",

just my 2 cents,

mm75
horred the plague
I had to vote patch, because I "just" finished a biffer for NeJv42. laugh.gif

If you decide to go version, just keep me abridged of any MAJOR (as in, many files) changes, or ogg/tis additions.

Please, and thank you.wink.gif
Vlad
Okay. I came to conclusion based on the poll results to separate music and graphic from the basic installation file. Those who don't care to upload 400-500 MB will upload the whole package, but those who cannot (but have already uploaded v4.2b) will be able to upload a light package (minus music and graphic which is included in v4.2b), then after installation they will need to copy and paste all the missed music and graphic files from v4.2b manually into override directory. I'll detail this in ReadMe.
MajorTomSawyer
QUOTE(Vlad @ Feb 11 2006, 11:43 PM)
Okay. I came to conclusion based on the poll results to separate music and graphic from the basic installation file. Those who don't care to upload 400-500 MB will upload the whole package, but those who cannot (but have already uploaded v4.2b) will be able to upload a light package (minus music and graphic which is included in v4.2b), then after installation they will need to copy and paste all the missed music and graphic files from v4.2b manually into override directory. I'll detail this in ReadMe.

Now that is cool Vlad.

Respect you more then ever for meeting those of us stuck with dialup halfway. thumb.gif
King Diamond
Just a small question: when could we expect a new version package? smile.gif
Vlad
In future. smile.gif
melkor_morgoth75
QUOTE(Vlad @ Mar 17 2006, 12:31 PM)
In future. smile.gif

lol laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

mm75
King Diamond
QUOTE(Vlad @ Mar 17 2006, 12:31 PM)
In future. smile.gif

how distant? biggrin.gif
Vlad
God knows! This is Never Ending Journey, eventually. biggrin.gif
Vasculio
For some reason, i can't seem to install the mod itself.

Only the tweeks and the NPCS thats it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.