Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: *Antimerger* mod
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Vlad
I have decided to introduce the upcoming mod for BGT-NeJ2 tentatively called *Antimerger*. It will include the following components:

1. *Firewalker* Shar-Tell NPC mod for NeJ2 (including her banters and interjections).
2. Merchant League Bank (allows to save your cash upon transition from BG1 to BG2).
3. *Answerer +2* - new long sword (predecessor of the well known sword).
4. Several containers (sack, quiver, potion case and scroll tubus) in BG1.
5. Kagain NPC mini-mod (turning Korgan into Kagain including the introductory dialogue, and assigning Korgan's quests to Kagain). If Kagain was in your party upon transition he will be moved to CC and replace Korgan there.
6. Smooth transition of all NPCs you have in your party in the end of BG1 into BG2, removal of those NPCs from BG2 whom you have buried in BG1.

So TS + NeJ2 introduces four more old NPCs into BG2: Shar-Teel, Kagain, Coran and Dynaheir without changes. Xan also appears in NeJ2 but as a non-joinable NPC. Branwen is technically replaced by Accalia, and Alora by Melora. All of them have a very rich set of banters and interjections, and Melora has got her personal large quest. I claim in advance the logical incompatibility of the *Antimerger* mod with other mods such as TDD which also introduce those NPCs in BG2.
Bill Bisco
Then will you consider having the mod take out the appropriate inconsistencies that will arise if The Darkest Day is installed? I think that that would be most praisworthy and of benefit to everyone if you would smile.gif
Vlad
I don't care about TDD, SoS and other similiar stuff.
kulyok
I claim in advance the logical incompatibility of the *Antimerger* mod with other mods such as TDD which also introduce those NPCs in BG2.

Okay. smile.gif
NiGHTMARE
QUOTE(Vlad @ Jan 31 2006, 11:25 PM)
removal of those NPCs from BG2 whom you have buried in BG1.

Does this include Imoen?
Vlad
Does this include Imoen?

In this case there will be no continuation of the story in BG2. You finish BG1, you start BG2, no need for continuity.
horred the plague
QUOTE(Vlad @ Feb 1 2006, 01:52 AM)
I don't care about TDD, SoS and other similiar stuff.

Fret not. We of BP are very used to this, over the years. wacko.gif
It hasn't stopped me yet, nor will it likely in the near future. wink.gif
Vlad
Bill, I have no doubt about this. biggrin.gif
Bill Bisco
Yay! There is hope for the Universe! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.