Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shar-Teel Mod
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Vlad
Based on the hot discussion of the future of BGT at SHS I've decided to make the stand-alone Shar-Teel's mod in addition to the BGT compatible version and to include the former as a sub-component in NeJ2. There will be two versions of this mod:

1. BGT version (of course, compatible with NeJ2)
2. NeJ2 version (stand-alone sub-component available only through installation of NeJ2).

There will be no other versions developed or supported. The NeJ2 version of the mod will add Shar-Teel to one of the empty cells in the beginning of BG2 so players will be able to enjoy Shar-Teel NPC in both NeJ2 and BG2 as well. Besides her NeJ2 dialogues and interactions with other NPCs I hope she will have the standart set of banters and interjections related to BG2.
Chev
Vlad,

Larrienne and your Shar-Teel mod sounds graet, it might make me play an evil group. While you are at making BGT mods, will you make your Boo familier and Continuous Charming Rouge Imoen mods avalible as standalone/BGT versions? I love both componates and want them even if I am not playing NeJ2.
Vlad
Chev, with respect to Boo, there is no problem at all to make him/her stand-alone mod. I don't know whether it conflicts with UB but it doesn't matter. However with respect to Imoen it's much more complicated as she is connected tightly to all NeJ2 dialgues and scripts. In order to isolate her as a separated NPC with her own kit now I should extract all her dialogues and scripts from NeJ2, and remove them, then restore her as original Imoen and add her kit and continuity. In other words now there are two Imoens, two dialogues, two scripts in NeJ2 in case you wish not to install this component. Every single interjection with each NPC, every single piece of her action is split into two and checked for Imoen's DV ("Imoen" or "Imoen2"). I made a lot of work on compatibility issues here and I would really prefer not to separate her from NeJ2, also because of non-modding reasons.
Chev
Cool,

I understand some of the technical problems about Imoen. blink.gif What about without NeJ2 dialgues and scripts, just her Kit?? If too much work I understand, I just live in hope. wink.gif Thanks for all your hard work!! No matter how much you do, someone like me will always ask for more. rolleyes.gif

Chev
MajorTomSawyer
I translated the mini-German Shar-Teel mod into English with the help of a friend. I have no problem sharing what I have it if will help.
Vlad
Thanks a lot! biggrin.gif

However I doubt we share the same vision of Shar-Teel with the creators of that mod. smile.gif Moreover Larrienne's literature language is superior! I won't mix it with any other language, I mean style. Also our mod is for NeJ2-BG2, and not for BG1.
MajorTomSawyer
The mini-mod I was speaking about was for BG2.

Yeah, I see your point, mixing authors can wind up with an NPC with a "mixed voice" so to speak.

Looking forward to this add-on for NEJ, just not downloading it on dialup. tongue.gif
Vasculio
How is the Shar-Teel mod coming along?
Vlad
It was released, but only as a light version, compatible with BGT. You'll find it in the BGT section of the SHS forums.
Senka
Do you mean this one?
http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/index.php?showtopic=19780
Vasculio
QUOTE(Vlad @ Apr 10 2006, 07:02 PM)
It was released, but only as a light version, compatible with BGT. You'll find it in the BGT section of the SHS forums.

I can't get BGT to run on my computer but if i can install it as a single mod that would be awsome.

I read the readme! So is there a way to use the mod without BGT? or could you mod it to be stand alone light version?
Vlad
It doesn' require BGT, it has the components BGT requires and it adds new components to BGT, but it equially amends and supplements the stand-alone version. I'm not sure whether Asc^64 has already tested it though.

I would like to stress out that this version available as 0.6 MB download at SHS is a light version, that means it doesn't contain many new features of the full version 6.5 which will be available for download very soon.

Unfortunately I cannot make a workable WeiDU installation to turn the v6.5 into a patch for the previous v6.02. These are limitations of WeiDU - I cannot patch the existing states in dialogues which have been already patched in previous versions without messing the existing dialogues in the end-users' installations. If I have a single NPC mod with 100 banters and interjections - it IS possible, but we have several NPCs who interject with all other original and modded NPCs in the game, and I am not going to re-write all their dialogues and banters in order to release the patch and not the full version. Sorry, this is too much for me. What I can do is to separate graphics and sounds from the main installation file, so those who cannot download 300 MB, would complement their installation with the already existing graphic and music files from the previous installation.
MajorTomSawyer
Being more of a n00ber then a modder, not sure I can offer valid advice or help.

My only thought is that perhaps The Bigg can make this possible in BiggDu?
Vlad
Well, if he knows exact numbers of dialogue states in the end-user computers. laugh.gif

Actually, it is possible if every and each installation stores the original input number of states in some separate file and then when the same mod is installed, reinstalled or patched, it uses not the absolute numbering as it happens in WeiDU but exactly the same numbers or state names used for the first time. In this way I can continue numbering the states and ammend or append the same state without any problem. Otherwise, I simply do not know what does the number of the dialogue state which I called *NEJ66* in IMOEN2J.D turn to be in your IMOEN2J.DLG after you install the mod.
Vasculio
QUOTE(Vlad @ Apr 11 2006, 06:11 AM)
It doesn' require BGT, it has the components BGT requires and it adds new components to BGT, but it equially amends and supplements the stand-alone version. I'm not sure whether Asc^64 has already tested it though.

I would like to stress out that this version available as 0.6 MB download at SHS is a light version, that means it doesn't contain many new features of the full version 6.5 which will be available for download very soon.

Unfortunately I cannot make a workable WeiDU installation to turn the v6.5 into a patch for the previous v6.02. These are limitations of WeiDU - I cannot patch the existing states in dialogues which have been already patched in previous versions without messing the existing dialogues in the end-users' installations. If I have a single NPC mod with 100 banters and interjections - it IS possible, but we have several NPCs who interject with all other original and modded NPCs in the game, and I am not going to re-write all their dialogues and banters in order to release the patch and not the full version. Sorry, this is too much for me. What I can do is to separate graphics and sounds from the main installation file, so those who cannot download 300 MB, would complement their installation with the already existing graphic and music files from the previous installation.

Don't sweet it! I have DSL!

One problem though

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/Vas...hatsTheDeal.jpg

Do i have to install something from the BGT?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.