Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Balor script help...
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
Valiant
Hi guys, I´d like to ask for something... As I´m not very good in scripting creatures yet, I need somebody that will write the AI script for me. It should be script for Balor creature, a "little" bit tougher then WTSIGHT biggrin.gif . This creature should be a challenge for characters on 14-16 level... So if anybaody is willing to write it for me, I´d be glad....

THX a lot... wink.gif
aigleborgne
Writting an AI script take a long time and need some infos:
- intelligence of the creature (will the creature attack easy target first?)
- special powers (or spells, with their number of use per day)
- movement feature (will the creature random walk when no enemies are around?)

I have written many AI scripts for my mod Enhanced creatures, I could help you to adapt one of my script for your creature.
Valiant
Thank you. About info:

Inteligence: Try to keep it as high as possible. As I said before, this Balor should be a challenge, big challenge for party at 14-16 level, maybe more, max. 20... And yes, if creature attack easy target first, that´s the sign of some inteligence, yes... biggrin.gif

Special power: this fully depends on you. Understand, this creature won´t be spawned, it will appears only once, when party enter the whole tower, on 1st floor... And party either will kill it or will be killed.... but don´t try to use some special powers that cannot be used by this type of creature....

Movement: See above, creature will be on 1st tower floor, won´t go anywhere else, so there´s no need to walk around randomly... Simple reason, there´s is not enough space for it....

Background for better understanding: When party enter the tower, this creature will wait in the 1st floor. There will be some dialogs between party and Balor and then the fight begins.... If they kill it, path to upper levels will be unlocked... That´s all, nothing more, nothing less....

BTW, thank you again....
aigleborgne
QUOTE(Valiant @ Jan 23 2006, 06:58 PM)
Thank you. About info:

Inteligence: Try to keep it as high as possible. As I said before, this Balor should be a challenge, big challenge for party at 14-16 level, maybe more, max. 20... And yes, if creature attack easy target first, that´s the sign of some inteligence, yes... biggrin.gif

Special power: this fully depends on you. Understand, this creature won´t be spawned, it will appears only once, when party enter the whole tower, on 1st floor... And party either will kill it or will be killed.... but don´t try to use some special powers that cannot be used by this type of creature....

Movement: See above, creature will be on 1st tower floor, won´t go anywhere else, so there´s no need to walk around randomly... Simple reason, there´s is not enough space for it....

Background for better understanding: When party enter the tower, this creature will wait in the 1st floor. There will be some dialogs between party and Balor and then the fight begins.... If they kill it, path to upper levels will be unlocked... That´s all, nothing more, nothing less....

BTW, thank you again....

It's not my role to choose the creature's powers!
It's your mod smile.gif

Balor are one of the most powerful tana'ri
Special attack : terror, body flames, death throes explosion
Spells:
suggestion
symbol, any tipe
tongues
dispel magic
pyrotechnics
fear
darkness 15" radius
teleport without error

they can gate another tana'ri (many less, or one true)

maybe I forgot some.

As you can see, they have many powers. But maybe, not the one you want?
in this list, some powes doesn't exist in game...

well, I can't loose my time to build the creature with all its features.
just tell me which powers you want (those included in the game)
Valiant
Yes, my mod, but I´m not so good in creature´s abilities, in fact, I know little about it... Maybe I´m good in area or map or location in general creation, but not in this....

But from your info I would like:

- Symbol (any type you choose, doesn´t really matter..)
- Dispel Magic
- Fear

And ability to gate another one true tana´ri...

That´s all....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.