Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Typo in AR9800.BCS
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey > Beta Testing
horred the plague
No biggie, just thought I'd bring it to surface:

CODE

IF
 GlobalLT("VP_Hrothgar_Tilorn","GLOBAL",8)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
   SetGlobal("VP_Hrothgar_Tilorn","MYAREA",8)// should be "GLOBAL"
   ClearAllActions()
   StartCutSceneMode()
   StartCutScene("VPCutH06")
END
horred the plague
Caught another one, in Tilorn.D. I noticed it because the convo with Hrothgar did not start. A top block is missing its condition, and thus has become external referrence.

CODE
BEGIN ~TILORN~

IF ~~THEN BEGIN 0
 SAY ~Hrothgar, well met my friend. It is wonderful to see you again and I see that you have <CHARNAME> with you. That is good.~ [tilorn05]
 IF ~~ THEN EXTERN ~HROTHJ~ 56
END

Should read:

CODE
BEGIN ~TILORN~

IF ~Global("VP_Know_Tilorn","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN 0
 SAY ~Hrothgar, well met my friend. It is wonderful to see you again and I see that you have <CHARNAME> with you. That is good.~ [tilorn05]
END
Vlad
In my upcoming BGT-TS-NeJ2 compatibility and tweak pack I'm going to change AR9800 to AR9799. Thanks for noticing typos.
horred the plague
Excellent; I'll try to get the Boo & Veter files finished in time for that. Boo is mostly done, and tested, right now.
Vlad
No biggie, just thought I'd bring it to surface:

CODE

IF
GlobalLT("VP_Hrothgar_Tilorn","GLOBAL",8)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
  SetGlobal("VP_Hrothgar_Tilorn","MYAREA",8)// should be "GLOBAL"
  ClearAllActions()
  StartCutSceneMode()
  StartCutScene("VPCutH06")
END

I guess you didn't install patch v6.02. It is fixed there.

Should read:

CODE

BEGIN ~TILORN~

IF ~Global("VP_Know_Tilorn","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN 0
END

It's better:

CODE

ADD_STATE_TRIGGER TILORN 0
~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)~

Vlad
It's better:

CODE

ADD_STATE_TRIGGER TILORN 0
~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)~

No, it's wrong! Again I see you didn't install the fixpack 6.02. I have to discard all these changes. Please install v6.02 before posting another bug here. I hate to tell you but you'll need to rework all your changes you made for NeJ2 prior to installation of v6.02. The fix pack is very big by the way - you missed many new and edited things. bitter.gif This is the excerpt form rPalyer1.d:

CODE

APPEND ~PLAYER1~

IF WEIGHT #-1 ~Global("VP_Know_Tilorn","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN FixWeight
 SAY ~(*You see a man watching you from a distance... Tilorn?*)~
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("VP_Know_Tilorn","GLOBAL",2)~ EXTERN ~TILORN~ 0
END
END

horred the plague
Damn, my bad. I just checked my weidu.log...sure enough, I forgot it. Thank goodness I put all patch files into the same bif file, and saved backups right before installing/biffing any mod patches. I can easily revert backwards, no sweat. It also gives me a chance to test my progress on BP-Weiduv171.tp2. Looks like I'll check the Academy again next game, but for an evil path--in the same game as TS-evil, starring Horred the Plague PC.

Sorry to bother you with squashed bugs, I really thought I had that installed. It was getting late that night, I was pretty hazy... herb.gif Installers all look the same after about 8-10 hours of watching DOS scroll by. I'll make sure it is in before my next run through your turf. I'm in chapter 6 with my current test/play game, so all is well for now.
Vlad
Sorry to bother you with squashed bugs, I really thought I had that installed.

Don't worry Bill, you deserve some rest. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.