Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some questions
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
Lord Fausto
I moding and i have some questions biggrin.gif

How i can change the start map... i want to start a game in another site (not the irenicus dungeon)...

Its posible in Bg2 change the start lvl to lvl 1?

In my mod i need to display new strings.... but i dont know how i cant ADD new strings (no dialogs) to display (With WEIDU)

Its normal that my near infiniti explore give me an error when i want to play a WAV file of a cre :S?

Thx

PD: sory for my horible english guys wub.gif
drake127
1. STARTARE.2DA
2. You cannot start with 0 XP due to some troubles. (1 XP is good)
CODE
COPY_EXISTING ~bgmain.exe~ ~bgmain.exe~
    WRITE_LONG 0x6b7258 0x00000001

3. You can do it directly in TP2 and its strref place to file (bcs, itm, spl) (SAY)
4. yes - look for acm2wav.exe and place it to NI folder (http://www.teamx.ru/rus/files/utils/index.shtml).
Lord Fausto
VERYYYYY THX but you can explain my the points 1 2 and 3 tongue.gif ?

AJJAJA sory xD
drake127
QUOTE(Lord Fausto @ Jan 2 2006, 03:22 AM)
VERYYYYY THX but you can explain my the points 1 2 and 3 tongue.gif ?

Maybe I was before too brief tongue.gif

1. You can set starting area in files startare.2da. Row START_AREA is area file where SoA starts, START_XPOS and START_YPOS are exact coordinates of Player1 location in this area.

2. This is simple WeiDU code which set starting XP to 1 XP ~ first level. You have to patch exe at this offset.

3. You can add string many ways. If you want to create new item you can use in WeiDU something like that
CODE
COPY ~mymod/myitem.itm~ ~override~
    SAY IDENTIFIED_DESC ~This is item stolen from Ao~
You should read http://www.weidu.org/WeiDU/README-WeiDU.html (mainly TP2 creating) - you will learn what you can do with game.
Vlasák
STARTARE.2da specifies what is the start location and the coordinations determines the position of the screen in the area.

Startlevel can be set via overwriting the value of starting XPs stored in bgmain.exe. However, there can be some problems because there are different versions of bgmain files.

CODE
size of exe offset
7381038     0x64f8b0
7385134     0x6508b8
7417902     0x658970
7831598     0x6b5258
7839790     0x6b7258
7843886     0x6b6270

I'd recommend to use xppatcher application by Avenger to set your starting XPs.

For strings, check weidu readme on weidu.org first...
Quite wide topic for general say - tell what strings do you need to add and more detailed explanation can be given...
Lord Fausto
thx to all wub.gif

Mi areas are looking great biggrin.gif

Can tell me where i can found the xppatcher of avenger? wub.gif

thx

smile.gif
Avenger_teambg
If blackwyrmlair has download area, they may distribute this stuff smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.