Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mod not installing properly,
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
That Man
At the last part of the installing it says it can't find folders. And when I run the game I can't seem to find Kachiko in the dungeon where she's supposed to be. What am I doing wrong?
jastey
It would help if you would post the exact error message.

And welcome to the forum! smile.gif
That Man
It goes by way too fast to see. There;s no actual error message which would make this easier. Does TOB need to be installed?
Golden Thief
Yes TOB needs to be installed
You should have SoA-TOB latest patch and use Baldedashv1.12 as stated in read me and Compatiblity of Balderdash pinned above.
That Man
Allright that explains things alot. Now I just need to figure out what I did with TOB...
Golden Thief
I hope you find it cause almost every mod made needs to have it installed. The modders develope off that platform.
Cheers
Coldiron
Hello,

The TSv605 will not install.
The message i get is there is no DIALOG.TLK file found, so went back and changed the games original file dialog.tlk to DIALOG.TLK still got the same message.
Vlad
It doesn't matter capital letters or not for MS-DOS. I think your dialog.tlk is corrupted.
Andyr
Either that or the player is not installing the mod in their BG2 directory.
Coldiron
It's in the BG2 directory, as far as the corruption issue, its a new comp I bought just before christmas, and there are no other "mods". Maybe a glitch occurred on loading, the discs are the ones I have had since the games originally came out. Dunno, will uninstall and try again.
Isildin
*Edited out*
So noone gets rsi because of me tongue.gif
seanas
QUOTE(Isildin)
SKIPPING: [TORTURED SOULS v6.05]
Please install the official ToB patch and Baldurdash fixpack before installation of this mod.

do you have baldurdash installed? it's required for TSv6.05 - and it looks from that debug report that you *dont* have it installed. hence yr problem.
Isildin
QUOTE(seanas @ Jan 7 2006, 12:43 PM)
QUOTE(Isildin)
SKIPPING: [TORTURED SOULS v6.05]
Please install the official ToB patch and Baldurdash fixpack before installation of this mod.

do you have baldurdash installed? it's required for TSv6.05 - and it looks from that debug report that you *dont* have it installed. hence yr problem.

WOW
I can't freaking read, i downloaded the thing, guess i forgot to install it.
I apologize for wasting time then ^^

It works now, Once again, sorry for being a total noob and all that
Jakar
Hi,

I'm a little bit confused with instalation of TS6.05 over other big mods wacko.gif

That's how my installation looks like:
BGII SoA
BGII ToB
latest patch
Baldurdash 1.12
SoS Weidu 1.05
TDD 1.05
Ctb-TDDfix
Ctb Weidu 1.60
(using latest Weidu version 188)
After this i'm trying to install TS6.05 with choosing module 'Ask about each one', everything goes fine till last option:

Install Component [AREAS & SOUNDS. This component is required to play the mod.]?

after choosing to install this component i'm getting messages like:

Couldn't open TT0010.tiz

Could Not Find D:\Games\BGII - SoA\override\TT0010.tiz

OggDec 1.0
ERROR: Failed to open input file: No such file or directory

these are just samples, there are lots of similar messages unsure.gif

What's wrong with it? What am i doing wrong? wacko.gif

also quoting weidu.log file:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v105 WeiDU
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day,  v105 WeiDU
~SETUP-CTB-TDDFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // CtB-TDDv1.05 Compatibility Fix
~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies, v1.6
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Check The Bodies"
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #1 // ANIMATIONS. Please install the following component only if you have not installed yet AND are not going to install the NEVER ENDING JOURNEY 2.
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #4 // RESTORED TWISTED RUNE QUEST
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #5 // GRAND MASTERY FIX. This fix originally created by James Schumacher you may get from various sources including Baldurdash tweaks and cheats. It fixes the weapon proficiency table for fighters according to the original D&D rules implemented in BG1 and IWD. If you have not installed it yet I would strongly recommend to do so.
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #6 // BONUS MERCHANTS. These are the two bonus merchants from the original BioWare CollectorÆs Edition CD.
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #7 // AREAS & SOUNDS. This component is required to play the mod.

p.s. Also wanted to give thanks to all of you modders (especially Vlad for his wonderful TS mod) and all the BG players community. You're awsome guys sleep.gif
p.p.s sorry for my english, it's not my native language.
King Diamond
You must use TS-BPv6.04 that is designed especially for use with the latest TDD & SoS. And it has the same contents as v6.05.
Jakar
dry.gif Thanks... Shame on me, for not reading manuals dry.gif
Vlad
Also wanted to give thanks to all of you modders (especially Vlad for his wonderful TS mod) and all the BG players community. You're awsome guys 

Thank you and welcome!
Dello
I am new to these forums and have searched for an answer and have not found one to this issue.

<<That's how my installation looks like:
BGII SoA
BGII ToB
latest patch
Baldurdash 1.12
SoS Weidu 1.05
TDD 1.05
Ctb-TDDfix
Ctb Weidu 1.60
(using latest Weidu version 188)>>

Is that the correct order to install because I tried installing TS-BPv6.04 and received many of the same errors as Jakar. I installed the same mods in that same order.

P.S. I too wanted thank all you guys out there for the great work you do with these mods.
melkor_morgoth75
QUOTE(Dello @ Mar 21 2006, 09:01 AM)
I am new to these forums and have searched for an answer and have not found one to this issue.

<<That's how my installation looks like:
BGII SoA
BGII ToB
latest patch
Baldurdash 1.12
SoS Weidu 1.05
TDD 1.05
Ctb-TDDfix
Ctb Weidu 1.60
(using latest Weidu version 188)>>

Is that the correct order to install because I tried installing TS-BPv6.04 and received many of the same errors as Jakar. I installed the same mods in that same order.

P.S. I too wanted thank all you guys out there for the great work you do with these mods.

You won't find an aswer here ... have a look at this link:

http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/index.php?showtopic=19629

mm75
savaenelf
I get the same message as Jakar here. But I have the baldurdash and all the mods he has installed. I thought TSv6.05 was supposed to be compatible with NEJ2, why would it give me the error:

Please install the following component only if you have not installed yet AND are not going to install the NEVER ENDING JOURNEY 2.

Just wondering, since i dll'd v6.05 from the link on the pinned message from all the mirrors listed on the site. They all give me the same error. Also get the same errors of

ERROR: Failed to open input file: No such file or directory
OGGdec 1.0

and

Could not find c:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\override\X.ogg

where X is the name of the file.

Savaen Elf
Vlad
Did you read all the posts in this topic?

If you seek technical assistance here, your installation should be as follows:

SoA + ToB + ToB official patch + Baldurdash v1.12 + TS (either v5.5 or v6.05) + NeJ2 v4.2b + NeJ2 v6.02.

If your installation differs from said installation, please visit SHS team for their technical assistance.

Good luck!
savaenelf
Thanks, Vlad. I figured it out on my own though.

biggrin.gif
berelinde
I had installation issues, too, but at least I know why. It's because I suffer from CRS (can't remember s...). I thought I had Baldurdash 1.12, I know I installed a Baldurdash patch, but it looks like I installed the WeiDU version. Doh.

Oh, well, back to the drawing board.

Acutally, this isn't a bad time for this to happen. It's a good time to clean up my installation anyway, and I don't have any current games running.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.