Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Translations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
iopden
Russian BG community Aerie.ru just checked possibility of translation of Vlad's mod NEJ2 and find it 1,6 Mb tra files in size! This is twice more text than in SOS, TDD and TS all together!!! And Vlad is working on third part. So its like to write a book!
Hail to Vlad for this wonderful mod!
I hope some people will find the time and patience to make this mod avaliable for non-English speaking fans.
jastey
Does this mean Aerie.ru won't translate it (because of its size)?
Vlad
Thanks to my co-author and friend Larrienne who really writes the book. biggrin.gif
weigo
First of all, thanks for the great Mod, Vlad and Larrienne. biggrin.gif

Some people in the german community, want to try to translate your mod.
So I have a few questions.
The dialog files for NEJ1 and NEJ2 won't change drammatically. So can we traify these files?
When we traified the dialogs, on which way we should enter the files to your mod?
I mean, who makes the change in the tp2 code and the file system?
Vlad
Thanks weigo for your kind feedback! biggrin.gif

The dialog files for NEJ1 and NEJ2 won't change drammatically.

The current dialogues won't change at all. We will add the dialogues and interjections in the nearest future particularly for Shar-Teel but all these additions will be in a form of WeiDU patch, it means they do not change but just append and extend the current resources.

Please bear in mind we don't call it NeJ1 and NeJ2, but only NeJ2 (Part 1 and Part 2) to clearly indicate that it is the second addition and not the second part.

I mean, who makes the change in the tp2 code and the file system?

This is the extension of the previous question. Let me repeat that I do not make changes in the tp2 code and file system. By means of WeiDU it is possible to append and extend the currend dialogues and scripts without touching the original installation package. What you'll need to do in future is just the same - to translate the patch which will include the new mod and/or a new part/chapter. For now you should translate v4.2b and its upgrade to v6.02 separately.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.