Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BGT-TS-NeJ2
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Vlad
I'm currently testing this combination of mods. It's very enjoyable taking into account that you may develop your characters and continue playing with them through the whole saga. BGT is almost free of bugs and thoroughly enjoyable. I would like to ask players to test this wonderful combination. I have also installed BG1 NPC mod (for BGT) but unfortunately it hasn't functioned in my game and for my party.
Golden Thief
Vlad,
Question: Is there a specific order you want these to go in?
Such as BGT then TS-NEJ or TS-NEJ then BGT?

I am just wonder because some of them make a difference in the order, I guess the other reason is I already have a TS-NEJ install I can put BGT and BG1NPCBGT.V11 into and see what happens?
Vlad
TS + NeJ2 + BGT + BG1NPCBGT.V11 - this is the only possible order of installation for now. Thanks GT smile.gif .
Golden Thief
Great!!!!
My install is half way done. Now to install BGT on to it and let you know what results.
Golden Thief
I'm playing an evil party so I went to get Viconia. Now I thought I would ask you about this first then over at SHS if you don't have an answer to what might cause this. I don't think your mods have anything to do with it.

After the battle with the Flaming Fist and I talk to Vic to join she get stuck in auto pause script. When I leave the area and return to FAI all is fine. Just wondering if you know what file I could look at to see what might be causing it. It reminds of a script that wants to fire but is hanging.
Vlad
I'm also playing half-evil party (Xzar, Shar-Teel & Viconia), and I didn't encounter the problem you mentioned. By the way do BG1 NPCs' banters work for you?
Golden Thief
So far the banters are working Immy talks about the diamond and not liking Xzar and Montaron. Also told the guy to jump off the cliff and Immy chidded me there.
Golden Thief
I just tried talking to Viconia and the responses are really weird.
this it it.
Viconia Gulps
1) I broke a Nail.
2) Faldon, I just wanted to have beautiful nails. etc
3) Garrick? Yes.
4) Em, sorry to startle you, but etc.
5) Are you sure your fine? etc
6) Okay, but we should ask Legamore (my PC's name) etc.
7) Garrick? I loved the poem etc.
8) I like your poetry, Garrick etc.

Xzar responses all pertain to him.
Montaron's are ok.
Imoens are messed up.

I don't know why this is I started a new game. I did add the New World map after I left Candlekeep but that shouldn't mess these up.

I'm not that far so I will start a new game and see if it changes.

Edit: Nope the same thing. Strange that PC initiated talk is messed up on some of them. I have another install with BGT and Banter this is definitely not right, something is wrong
Vlad
There is a problem with Imoen getting suddenly 3500000 XP when entering some areas, but it happens only once. I'll release my patch when I finish ToSC. With respect to the mentioned problems I would then refrain from installing BG1 NPCs' banters. I didn't get a single banter in my game, I thought it would be a problem with my group. However it seems to me that the problem is with scripting banters but I'm not sure. Also I don't like the same flirt options for different NPCs. I have uninstalled this mod already so may be you should try this option too.
horred the plague
I have both NeJ2 and BGT-weidu installed, with the BG1NPC, and MANY other mods including BPv170a-weidu (a test install of most major mods-SoS,TDD,TS(KD's TS-BP),CtB, DSotSC,NTotSC,SoBH,BP-BGT Worldmap,Ease, and Item Upgrade). The banters have worked fine for me, with a couple rare exceptions; strange you have had so many problems with so few mods. I installed almost every NeJ2 and BG1NPC option, except for Compton's accelerated banters, and NeJ2 #4 (can't remember which it is). No "happy" scripts, or the sort, from Ease of Use.

Perhaps the use of TS-BP, and the subsequent change in install order made a difference. Maybe biffing NeJ2 helped (not biffing NeJ2 caused Weidu.exe to crash when installing other mods on top). This is a problem worth looking into, as the combination of your mods with a great BG1 game is too appealing.

P.S: The current goal of BP is not to get EVERY mod installed at once, but to give the user the choices of what they want/want not to use (this includes the BP package as well!). I hope the difference is appreciated. The only animation conflict remaining with NeJ2 is CtB (3 animations), which KD should have worked out in the next CtB version. I'm sure I'll see some more issues when I make it to the BG2 portion of the game; we'll work out what we can in the respective mods, or in BP itself if all else fails.
Vlad
Well, Bill, you're lucky! biggrin.gif

I didn't get ANY single banter from my NPCs for the whole game, only the flirt options. I just read them, and that's all. One need special combination of NPCs in order those banters can be triggered. I guess the problem is that I have split pairs (Khalid and Monty were cruelly slain by ogrillions in the beginning of the game). Anyway other NPCs just do not interact. At least when it comes to some critical events in the game or dialogues with important NPCs there SHOULD BE interjections. But creators of the mod simply didn't take that into account. They introduced 2-3 banters from each NPC, and some repeatable flirt options, and thought that it's okay. In my humble opinion the scripting of the banters also should be revised.

By the way more I play BG1 in a frame of BGT more I see how this wonderful game could be improved by adding interesting banters and interjections, probably some romance options and flirts (even not to all NPCs but just to my favourites biggrin.gif ).

P.S.
...strange you have had so many problems with so few mods.

I think it could be a source of the problem - I don't have all those mods you all installed.
Golden Thief
Hey Vlad,
I have kept the Banters installed just to see what continues to happen. There is definitely a conflict with (how do you say this) numbering association. I have just rescued Xan.
Now I'm not sure this is because of the Banters or BGT and NEJ but I think is a combination of the three because this is the dialgue:
Xan- A...Drow! I am surely dead.
1) Xan. It's me, Legamore...don't you recognize me....
2) Xan! Well I never....
3) Well met Xan.....

That is from when you meet him in Halruaa. I'm only posting this so that maybe SBB will check it out to see what might cause it. It is not game breaking unless you want him in your party which that option never comes up.

I continued the conversation and it follows that of Halruaa and he even walks over to another spot just like in Halruaa and then you can carry on the ability test dialgue, which then you can repeat the dialgue over and over.

Just wondering did this happen to you when you talked to Xan or not?
Ascension64
This may be a BGT-WeiDU problem, as it appends the same dialogue file Xan uses in Halruaa, XAN.DLG. However, the APPEND has weights attached, so it could be that those weights are not working properly (the WEIGHTs are set #0-#3, FYI).
Golden Thief
Ascension64,
I looked at the Xan.dlg in NI. The first 50 lines all go with Halruaa and then it starts the dialgue you should get in the mines. Then number 62 the last one is where the dialgue I get starts and it is the first one you should have in Halruaa when you meet Xan which I think is what you get if Vic is with you because I just kicked her out and did the battle over and the dialgue starts with the first one. This is very odd that it is in this order. If you want the file I could see if I can attach it.
Ascension64
Sure, all the StrRefs will be wrong, but post the file here anyway so I can check the weights. By the way, did you install the NeJ2 v602 patch after BGT-WeiDU? That could be a problem if you did.
Golden Thief
Will try to attach file.
This is my install and order
Normal BG1 and BG2 but with Balderdash 1.12
TS-6.05 plus patch
NEJv4.2 patch 6.02
BGTZeta
BG1NPC for BGT V11 everything but dialgue speed
Few Ease of use Tweaks
World Map

Hey, I'm willing to redo this install if you want me too in order to isolate the problem. In fact I enjoy tracking bugs as much as playing the game. I don't know how to fix them tho. Just willing to gtive back something for all your guys hard work.
Cheers

PS Just to let you know I am getting a lot of interjections without problems from different ones in my group. I have Immy, Vic, Kagain, Edwin, Shar-Teel.
Ascension64
OK, had a look at this and it is definitely a WEIGHT problem in BGT-WeiDU. I'll work on it. Thanks for pointing this out.
Vlad
Just willing to gtive back something for all your guys hard work.

Thank you! biggrin.gif
Golden Thief
I know Ascension64 said it is probably a weight problem but I thought it was funny to having Eldroth in my party and then have him start using Hrothgar's lines and because of the line or something out of the blue to hear Hrothgar voice the line that we need to get back to the quest.
I have not been able to dublicate it but will watch for it to happen again.
Vlad
It looks like your dialog.tlk is messed Richard. I suspect that BG1NPC banter mod is responsible because I have exactly the same installation as yours but uninstalled that mod. We need to ask mod authors for their technical assistance at this point.
ronin69hof
IIRC SirBillybob at SHS did the BG1NPC pack for BGT.

ronin
andrespi
I'm new to this forum, but I'm going to play again baldur's gate . I wanted to know if I play with baldur's gate trilogy, tortured souls and never ending journey (the latest versions), will I find many bugs or errors? Or do you suggest me to play with only tortured souls? And if I use the old version of never ending journey ( NeverEndingJourney-weiduv13i) with the latest of tortured souls, will it work?
Sorry for my bad english, but I'm italian, so I don't speak English very well. Thanks for the answers.
Vlad
I'm new to this forum

Welcome!

I wanted to know if I play with baldur's gate trilogy, tortured souls and never ending journey (the latest versions), will I find many bugs or errors?

It's dependent on your installation. If you install it correctly there shouldn't be problems at all.

Or do you suggest me to play with only tortured souls?

Now, it's a bad idea.

And if I use the old version of never ending journey ( NeverEndingJourney-weiduv13i) with the latest of tortured souls, will it work?

No the old version is incompatible with TS. Moreover I don't support the old version. Please install the new one.

Sorry for my bad english, but I'm italian, so I don't speak English very well. Thanks for the answers.

No problems. My English is also not so good as it could be. We are international community.

So you make the following installation:

SoA + ToB + ToB official patch 24689 + original Baldurdash v1.12 + TS v6.05 + NeJ2 v4.2b + NeJ2 v6.02 patch + BGT 0.99ZETA + BGT Worldmap v4

However I would suggest for you to wait a bit before playin the game for my BGT-NeJ2 tweak pack which will add some nice tweaks to the game including Shar-Teel's continuous character.
andrespi
QUOTE(Vlad @ Jan 14 2006, 06:02 PM)
So you make the following installation:

SoA + ToB + ToB official patch 24689 + original Baldurdash v1.12 + TS v6.05 + NeJ2 v4.2b + NeJ2 v6.02 patch + BGT 0.99ZETA + BGT Worldmap v4

However I would suggest for you to wait a bit before playin the game for my BGT-NeJ2 tweak pack which will add some nice tweaks to the game including Shar-Teel's continuous character.

Yes this is the installation I would try. I would like also to add the mod check the bodies. I hope it'll not cause problems or errors. Someone know if it works with never ending journey?
I will wait until it's ready the BGT-NeJ2 tweak pack. How long will it take before it's ready? Thank you again for the answers.
Vlad
No, it won't work. Please refrain from installing other mods.
horred the plague
I see an incompatability issue with the v602 fixpack and BGT. The following line in v602.tp2 causes assertion error in sound (musiclis.ids--too many songs):

CODE
ADD_MUSIC ~MxLeina~ ~music/MxLeina.mus~

When commented out, and reinstalled, the assertion error vanishes and the game starts.

Important fact: I've been installing the NeJv602 patch at the same time as the other mods' patches (after BGT, near the end). This is so all the biffed mods don't have to be uninstalled every time a modder releases a few fixes (I've released as many as 3 patches in 1 day!). That's why I see the issue.

Note that if the patch is installed before BGT, this music referrence will be overwritten. BGT MUSICLIS.IDS and SONGLIST.2DA are unyielding, every slot filled. Currently. I've heard they have plans to free up a few unused in-game slots, but nothing yet released.

Perhaps if KD figures out the songlist switcher component for his GUI-switcher proggie, concerns such as this will be a thing of the past. Provided you adopt his nouveau system, when perfected. It works quite nicely right now, IMO. I have seven different GUI's to choose from. To my knowledge, there are a total of 8 mods with 9 GUI-alterations (BGT has two).

@andrespi: The biggest issues between CtB and NeJ are animation issues. Five of them, to be precise. They aren't game-stoppers, just humorous in an annoying sort-of way. unsure.gif KD &/or I might adapt the CtB package to suit these, if we ever find the spare time.
King Diamond
I don't see any problem here. With the new GUI/music Switcher it has very simple solution. I'll tell you, guys, how to handle all that stuff when I'll be ready (waiting mostly for the new WeiDU incarnation)...

P.S. BGT doesn't overwrite music anymore... cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.