Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Screenshot of my mod
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
Valiant
Hi guys, I´m just trying to create my own mod, an addon of some kind...
This is the first screenshot, all areas will be created from scratch in 3ds Max. I have "some" experiences in area creation (those of you who knows me before, well, they know of what I´m talking... tongue.gif ), so it won´t be pain in the ass for me to make some new... biggrin.gif

I´m just at the begining of the whole process, but I hope I will finish it someday... blink.gif

If not, these areas will be free of use in some other mods...at least.. wacko.gif
Sir-Kill
heh again great stuff val! cant beat skulls on a pike smile.gif
Valiant
Yeah, thx a lot... cool.gif

I was wondering what will be the next thing on todo list, except areas, of course... As I´m not so good in creating the other things like NPCs and creatures tongue.gif , I´ll have to download something from net, some AI scripts and all the rest....

In big picture, I was inspired by Tower Of Deception AD&D module posted on Wizards Of The Coast page a log time ago.... My addon will be something similar... Modified, a little bit, of course... (not so many floors).. rolleyes.gif
K'aeloree
Sure you can-- giant forbidding looking towers 0WN! biggrin.gif

Looks great. Can't wait to see more smile.gif
Andyr
That's certainly a very smart area. smile.gif Well done!
Valiant
Another screenshot from TOD (Tower Of Deception)...
Valiant
And again the another one... TOD of course... biggrin.gif
Sir-Kill
Great job! Though I feel slightly jilted since is a repeat of the previous pic sad.gif j/k
How do you make your rocks?

Other pic: I really like the skeletons
Valiant
First pic: Yes, you´re right, just wanted to mention I´ve learned to script cutscenes... rolleyes.gif

I´m making rocks as a standard sphere with noise modificator applied, then I use meshsmooth to make them look more softly... And the texture is combination of two Simbiont procedural textures.... These rocks has about 5000 polygons each....

Second pic: glad you like them, that was exactly my intention, to make people like them.... smile.gif
Sir-Kill
ah my rock making attempts have not been so good so far, too round. simboint has some good stuff.

look foward to more
Valiant
So after a little longer I´m back with my mod. I´m still working on it, but it´s getting bigger in size and bigger in scripting, that´s why it takes time. But here is another screen from it, namely from the fifth floor. Just to make it clear, dialog is between PC and Wistemach, although she´s using Tanova´s .cre file with animation change, so that´s why her name in dialog is Tanova.... blink.gif
Sir-Kill
looks nice tho the image is sooo tiny sad.gif

I like the blue/snow part.
Valiant
Of course it´s tiny. It must be tiny, it´s one of the tower top floors...

And for your information, I had to use 4 user created mixmaps to make that blue/snow part.... blink.gif
Sir-Kill
I know I just like super zoom smile.gif well it looks good.

Baronius
QUOTE(Sir-Kill @ Aug 30 2006, 01:10 AM) *
I know I just like super zoom smile.gif

Yes, and your "super-zoomed" uploaded images are constantly eating up BWL's bandwidth mad.gif
(No worries just kidding tongue.gif )
Valiant
Of course, somebody must be a black sheep in family... ph34r.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.