Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't Find Garron
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
The Pretender
I've talked to everyone I can find, but no luck. I've found the note in Brial's apartment, and after that Moradz talks to me outside and tells me to post a note in the student quarters (which I can't seem to do) or to find someone in his class (who I can't find). Any idea what I'm missing?
Vlad
to post a note in the student quarters (which I can't seem to do)...

Did you unlock student dormitories? Garron in the first building from the left. After you find the letter Brial-->Vrielle, enter that building and talk to Garron. If he is not there it means it's night or siesta time... please come later.
The Pretender
I have only been able to get the second from the left open. How do I open the others (I've tried picking the locks, but get the non-conventional/warded response)?
The Pretender
Nevermind, got it (bloody fire-breathing runes).
The Pretender
Oops, spoke too soon. I've been trying lots of combinations, and have managed to get the second from the right open, but not the two others. I've tried loading before that door opens to spot the pattern and corelation with the door, but the combination seems to be randomized (although I admit I forgot to take note of what school each symbol went with). Worst, I cleaned out the save I had before arriving at the academy due to lack of drive space, so I can't go back and watch the presentation again.
Vlad
SPOILER!

The best solution of this quest is to step on runes while following the guide. He shows you the runes in a sequence you should step on them in order to open all the doors.
larrienne
QUOTE(The Pretender @ Dec 25 2005, 01:37 AM)
I've talked to everyone I can find, but no luck. I've found the note in Brial's apartment, and after that Moradz talks to me outside and tells me to post a note in the student quarters (which I can't seem to do) or to find someone in his class (who I can't find). Any idea what I'm missing?

Vlad, there should be a brief dialogue with a mage named Chaileun Kal-Vu'Ryi, who can be found in the courtyard of Halruaa once the group read the letter from Vrielle to Brial mentioning Garron. (I think that's the correct letter. I can't find my copies...as per usual smile.gif )Of course the group have to be prepared to walk around and speak to the mages in their search.
This mage will direct the group to the elemental school where Garron can be found.
I mention this because it didn't trigger in my last game. I found the mage but got the reply "Chaileun...has nothing to say to you". sad.gif
The Pretender
I finally got the door open last night, took a while though. Actually, Chaileun Kal-Vu'Ryi was glitched. She kept walking up to the party, saying the same things as the random mages (need to study, this teacher good, etc.), and repeating.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.