Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dialogue Revision
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight
Ascension64
This definitely occurs in the BGT-WeiDU v.100, but may also exist in the v1.20 of BG1 and BG1Tutu.

dialogue.tra does not parse correctly for the dialogue revision.

Here are the problematic lines in their original form:
249 = ~Ignas has found a few old chests in the cellars. There were many chainmails, swords and daggers in them.~

//needs @249

@479 = ~Investigate the forces of the Grey Clan

Due to the great casualties and the blow I dealt on their leadership, the local organization of the Grey Clan will soon collapse. However, the Clan is much bigger than I've ever thought. It is controlled from a place called Legencase. Even Tergius had no idea where Legencase might be. We are full of questions with no answers, and I have a feeling that my role in the story of the Clan hasn't come to an end yet. But it is certain that an Episode ended today.~
Due to the great casualties and the blow I dealt on their leadership, the local organization of the Grey Clan will soon collapse. However, the Clan is much bigger than I've ever thought. It is controlled from a place called Legencase. Even Tergius had no idea where Legencase might be. We are full of questions with no answers, and I have a feeling that my role in the story of the Clan hasn't come to an end yet. But it is certain that an Episode ended today.~

//one line is duplicated
Ascension64
The rest of the BGT-WeiDU edition of the mod works fine from my runthrough, except that the following changes that have been already implemented into the original dialogue is not in the revised dialogue, DIALOGUE.TRA.

-@91 grammar corrected 'I'm sorry to that say...' to 'I'm sorry to say that...'
-@400 text adjusted to prevent player from knowing about helm before it is mentioned. New text is 'I offer 800 gp for the Golden Helm, a family relic that these damned bandits stole from us. No more and no less.'
Baronius
Thank you very much for noticing these serious errors. I've corrected them and uploaded the new versions (v1.21, v1.21 and v1.01). Hopefully I didn't forget to fix any of them.
Daulmakan
Small typo in Dialogue.tra:

@449 = ~[...]They are now eveywhere in Baldur's Gate and in other cities as well, endangering the public security, infiltrating the Flaming Fist or bribing them if necessary.~

everywhere.

Sorry for the bump, didn't feel like starting a new topic just for this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.