Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Portraits and undroppable equipments!
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Studio of Arts
Sikret
Consider a character with an undroppable helmet. Do you think that his portrait should also necessarily include a helmet?

In general, to what extent a portrait needs to correspond with the character's undroppable equipments (especially equipments such as helmets and necklaces)?
Salk
The portrait should estetichally be as close as possible to the Avatar, in my opinion. It doesn't matter that the item is wearing is undroppable because of course the game doesn't ever give you the chance of picking from a dead body everything that theoretically could (even panties should be...removable).

Unless the helmet is invisible, I'd say it should be on the portrai too. smile.gif
Sikret
Droppable items come and go too easily through the game and we cannot design a portrait to exactly correspond with all possibilities. My question was merely about undroppable items which remain there with the character through the game.

My personal opinion is that it is not necessary for portraits to exactly correspond even with undroppable items such as helmets and necklaces, though I think that it is better if they correspond.

In short, such a correspondence is good but not necessary. What's everyone else's opinion?
Sir-Kill
well avaters and paper dolls are to difficult to bother trying to customize for one CH. the only thing you have left is the portrait that you can easly change. so unless you have a some reason not to, I would say that you should. but then again it is not all that important.
jastey
If you introduce an NPC which has a special undroppable item it should be definitely be on the portrait (if it is an item that can be seen there, of course). It would come really silly otherwise, imho.

For paperdoll and animations, I go with Sir-Kill that it's not worth the effort.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.