Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Portraits and undroppable equipments!
Sikret
post Dec 20 2005, 07:26 AM
Post #1

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

Consider a character with an undroppable helmet. Do you think that his portrait should also necessarily include a helmet?

In general, to what extent a portrait needs to correspond with the character's undroppable equipments (especially equipments such as helmets and necklaces)?

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating.
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Salk
post Dec 20 2005, 07:29 AM
Post #2

Multiclass F/C/M

Forum Member

The portrait should estetichally be as close as possible to the Avatar, in my opinion. It doesn't matter that the item is wearing is undroppable because of course the game doesn't ever give you the chance of picking from a dead body everything that theoretically could (even panties should be...removable).

Unless the helmet is invisible, I'd say it should be on the portrai too. smile.gif

Quote Post
Sikret
post Dec 20 2005, 08:10 AM
Post #3

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

Droppable items come and go too easily through the game and we cannot design a portrait to exactly correspond with all possibilities. My question was merely about undroppable items which remain there with the character through the game.

My personal opinion is that it is not necessary for portraits to exactly correspond even with undroppable items such as helmets and necklaces, though I think that it is better if they correspond.

In short, such a correspondence is good but not necessary. What's everyone else's opinion?

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating.

Quote Post
Sir-Kill
post Dec 20 2005, 01:16 PM
Post #4

consiglieri
Group Icon

Member of Graphics Dept.

well avaters and paper dolls are to difficult to bother trying to customize for one CH. the only thing you have left is the portrait that you can easly change. so unless you have a some reason not to, I would say that you should. but then again it is not all that important.

--------------------

Quote Post
jastey
post Dec 20 2005, 05:08 PM
Post #5

Forum Member

If you introduce an NPC which has a special undroppable item it should be definitely be on the portrait (if it is an item that can be seen there, of course). It would come really silly otherwise, imho.

For paperdoll and animations, I go with Sir-Kill that it's not worth the effort.

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 02:04 PM