Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TS 6.05- Yoshimo leaving at spellhold
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
Cornuthaum
I was a goody-twoeshoes one, did the entire dungeon the "Good" way, killed noone that I shouldnt kill and was always nice and friendly. Hell, Yoshimo even TELLS Irenicus that he's free of the Geas but still leaves me o0

How can that be? sad.gif I was so-o-o waiting for being able to keep a good (and funny biggrin.gif) thief, and now this ? sad.gif

Did I choose some wrong chat-options!? sad.gif *sniff*
Cornuthaum
Aw, cmon, answer me - I can't continue playing BG if Yoshimo leaves (as I didnt level up Jan as secondary thief) sad.gif
Vlad
I need more details such as the dialogue options you choose, sequence of actions, cutscenes... Is Kachiko in your group? Please be more specific I cannot guess about your game play.
Cornuthaum
Hokay.

I made two saves, one before entering via Pirate Lord Desharik (Ch 20 paladin) and the other one via Adept Perth's Wardstone right in front of the asylum

Dialogue after going via Desharik:

"What is he talking about, Yoshimo?"
Yoshimo: Sorry-this-sorry-that
Irenicus: you have done as you must, Yoshimo

and now, ever since reloading after him leaving the first time, i get

"No Valid Replies Or Links", the dialogue immediately quits and thats it, bang-bang gone and Yoshimo's left me, even approaches me after battling Irenicus, going hostile and getting killed - WITHOUT ! Kachiko leaving, or saying -anything-.

Installed mods, and here I'm pretty sure there's some conflict with one of the mods I can't live without (Solaufein and/or ItemUpgrade), in the order I installed them (as of WeiDU.log)

Kelsey
ItemUpgrade
BanterPack
QuestPack
Tortured Souls 6.05
Unfinished Business

Right now I'm trying if there's any difference between going in via Desharik or through the Door and if I get that annoying "no valid blah" with both paths. I pray I dont.

-edit-

My prayers were not answered. See how my own pet hamster (Oob is his name) looks all depressed with quivering whiskers laden with sadness? sad.gif

Party:

Myself (Paladin, Undead Hunter)
Mazzy Fentan
Sime (honestly, her starting items are grossly overpowered... not that I complain)
Valygar (With that bow from Jorel in the CC.... hooo-boy he goes off like a demon on speed)
Yoshimo who is much in love with...
Kachiko (who is cool)
Vlad
Before I'll take a look into this issue please bear in mind that the following mods were proved to be incompatible with TS:

BanterPack (!)
Soulafein - incompatible with Sime

I have no idea about QuestPack, what is it? I wouldn't install some components from UB such as Boo and Twisted Rune as there may be some conflicts with the same components in TS.
Cornuthaum
QUOTE(Vlad @ Dec 8 2005, 05:24 PM)
Before I'll take a look into this issue please bear in mind that the following mods were proved to be incompatible with TS:

BanterPack (!)
Soulafein - incompatible with Sime

I have no idea about QuestPack, what is it? I wouldn't install some components from UB such as Boo and Twisted Rune as there may be some conflicts with the same components in TS.

Hmmmm.... okay, banterpack is third-rate of importance anyways, so lets make them go away.

Also, is just Sime in my party together with Sola incompatible (nice names for her vampire buddies btw biggrin.gif) or is Sime (and, thusly, TS) just by being there incompatible with Sola?

Here you can find QuestPack, which is one of the three mods I can't play without (Questpack, UB and ItemUpgrade, all romancemods are nice but not at all neccessary)

Right now I'm wiping anything and all that resembles a mod from my BG.

The problem, though is, that I do not want to go without Sola - does that mean I have to a.) uninstall TS
b.) kick Sime
c.) both?

While Kachiko and Yoshimo's story is nice and touching, I mostly installed it to test out the new (and cool) features, as well as some npc-npc romance (and Yoshimo deserves love. poor guy).

Sime, (un)fortunately proves to be the only NPC of those three I -can't- go without, mostly because I can't stand anomen and half of my party is Good aligned, thusly making Viconia a walking nightmare to live with.

Is there any way to keep both Sime and Sola? (if neccessary, I'd even remove TS to have sime as "silent" NPC with garbled lines, since I desperately want to have Sola (I got to BG II again after three years of not playing it, and discovered the greatness that is Mod. :X)), for many of my friends said "If you want some of the most challenging fights there are in ToB, get Sola" (and ToB was too frikken easy anyway)

Meep. If I missed anything, I'll tell you later... now, back to the hour-long work of un- and re-installing several major mods :X
Vlad
I've checked the readme for QuestPack. Well, I hope there are no conflicts with TS, but the following component *Additional Shadow Thieves Content* may interfere with Sime-Aran link once again, in my humble opinion.

Also I guess you may keep both Sola and Sime in one group if your encounter with three vampires was not messed. Okay, I'll take a look into Yoshimo's dialogue, but you'd help me if you could send two files from your saved game before speaking with Irenicus (from Desharik's scenario and from Adept's one). I need the following two files (from each save):

BALDUR.GAM
BALDUR.SAV

Just please put a note from which scenario they came.

My e-mail: vladp6@yahoo.com
Cornuthaum
Fate is a cruel mistress indeed - one of the two savegames (the one where I stood in front of Desharik before talking to him) is somehow warped.

With other words, I'm going to send you the one where I'm standing in front of the Asylum door (and I can't make a new one right now, since I deinstalled all mods including TS, which makes all TS-specific items vanish, which is bad for sime and kachiko)

This unfortunately means that you'd have to run back to Desharik (or, in the case of longtime BG players fed up with walking, ctrl j there)

Please, don't hurt the lowly peon here... *work work*

-edit-

mail sent, zipped my entire savegame.... although here and there I -do- have a sneaking suspicion of why something's gone awry
ronin69hof
If you have to absolutely use Solafein then you need to wait to install him until after Sime has the encounters with the 3 vampires. I have used Sime and Solafein together with no problems aslong as I waited to install Solafein after the vampire encounter.

Vlad will probably hit me with a dead fish for saying that but it works.

biggrin.gif

ronin
Cornuthaum
QUOTE(ronin69hof @ Dec 8 2005, 06:52 PM)
If you have to absolutely use Solafein then you need to wait to install him until after Sime has the encounters with the 3 vampires. I have used Sime and Solafein together with no problems aslong as I waited to install Solafein after the vampire encounter.

Vlad will probably hit me with a dead fish for saying that but it works.

biggrin.gif

ronin

I had both Sola and TS installed, and after leaving the Temple of Lathander I was ambushed by those three, they gave their spiel, I bashed them - all was OK
ronin69hof
QUOTE(Cornuthaum @ Dec 8 2005, 07:04 PM)

I had both Sola and TS installed, and after leaving the Temple of Lathander I was ambushed by those three, they gave their spiel, I bashed them - all was OK

Dont say all is OK too soon. I thought it would be all right too then had serious problems with Solafein when he joined the party. (that happened when I first installed soulafein before the vampire encounter). I learned my lesson.

ronin
Cornuthaum
QUOTE(ronin69hof @ Dec 8 2005, 07:19 PM)
QUOTE(Cornuthaum @ Dec 8 2005, 07:04 PM)

Dont say all is OK too soon. I thought it would be all right too then had serious problems with Solafein when he joined the party. (that happened when I first installed soulafein before the vampire encounter). I learned my lesson.

ronin

Mhm... well, as long as Yoshimo still leaves my party I won't be able to play BG - *shoots a puppy-eyes look at Vlad*

M'eh. It matters little.... at least, thats what I'm trying to tell myself
ronin69hof
I am not sure which global it is you need to set, but you should be able to set one and then clua Yoshi back in.

for the record: I hate yoshi

tongue.gif

ronin
Cornuthaum
QUOTE(ronin69hof @ Dec 8 2005, 08:44 PM)
I am not sure which global it is you need to set, but you should be able to set one and then clua Yoshi back in.

for the record: I hate yoshi

tongue.gif

ronin

I pity him somehow

plus, he is way, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than jan. Must be because I was forced to include him every frikken time I played BG II .... turnips this turnips that it gets bo-o-ring
ronin69hof
If you want a good theif, there is an Alora mod for BG2 and also Fade. Fade is awesome and has alot of good banters. You can find her at COM.

ronin
Vlad
...and there is Melora in NeJ2.

It will take some time before I sort out your problem. Thanks for the saved game. smile.gif
Vlad
Well, it seems you didn't raise Kachiko. I have no idea how did you bring her into your party. If you don't raise her normally through game (spell or scroll) you just ruin the whole set of variables. I don't see any other solution but to return to your saved game in the dungeon and cast "Raise Dead" on her.
Cornuthaum
QUOTE(Vlad @ Dec 9 2005, 12:54 PM)
Well, it seems you didn't raise Kachiko. I have no idea how did you bring her into your party. If you don't raise her normally through game (spell or scroll) you just ruin the whole set of variables. I don't see any other solution but to return to your saved game in the dungeon and cast "Raise Dead" on her.

What the hell?

I -know- I cast the scroll that her mother gave me on her, seeing as at that time I had -no other- way of raising her (couldnt find my rod of ressurrection and sime didnt have a raise dead memorized)

argh.

I just hope I saved before the two duels :X
Vlad
If you cast that scroll or your spell it doesn't matter. The global variable Kachiko_Saved should be set at 2. In your saved game it's still 1. If you did raise her without problems it only means the script had proceeded smoothly.

[EDIT] You may alternatively set this variable to 2 in your saved game which you sent me.
ronin69hof
Try to set that variable in a previous save before Yoshi left then he wont leave at all.

ronin
Cornuthaum
QUOTE(Vlad @ Dec 9 2005, 02:30 PM)
If you cast that scroll or your spell it doesn't matter. The global variable Kachiko_Saved should be set at 2. In your saved game it's still 1. If you did raise her without problems it only means the script had proceeded smoothly.

[EDIT] You may alternatively set this variable to 2 in your saved game which you sent me.

Hm, hokay, gonna do that... but why is that variable a "1"? :/ well, it matters little, im gonna try and fix it now *wave*

gah. Somehow, uninstalling all mods made TS believe I hadn't installed the ToB patch... so, uninstalling BG II, reinstalling it ... *snee* boring sad.gif
Vlad
...but why is that variable a "1"?

Well, I don't know. It should be 2 as I said before (if you have raised Kachiko) because another variable Kachiko_Reborn has been properly set in the same script.
It's a kind of Magick... biggrin.gif
Cornuthaum
QUOTE(Vlad @ Dec 9 2005, 03:41 PM)
...but why is that variable a "1"?

Well, I don't know. It should be 2 as I said before (if you have raised Kachiko) because another variable Kachiko_Reborn has been properly set in the same script.
It's a kind of Magick... biggrin.gif

Hmhm i'm reinstalling all my mods now... argh...

what order of mods would you recommend (and I -will- kick sime out of the party if she prevents me from having solaufein, that's a given, but if it the two mods are incompatible (and not just when you have sola and sime in the same party) then I'm going to get rid of sola *snif*

hokay, my problem:

in which order should I install the mods?

I planned it like this:

TS
ItemUpgrade (must-be)
QuestPack (must-be)
Unfinished Business (must-be)
Kelsey (must-be)
Saerileth (must-be)
Nathaniel
Solaufein

-edit-

btw, what does your Restored Twisted Rune do? I never ever noticed any difference...

or is it only accessible after exiting the underdark (which means i'll never get to see it, since staff of the magi is one thing i -wont- go without for a better part of the game)
ronin69hof
You dont need to kick Sime out you just need to wait to install Solafein until after the vampire encounter.

ronin
Cornuthaum
QUOTE(ronin69hof @ Dec 9 2005, 04:54 PM)
You dont need to kick Sime out you just need to wait to install Solafein until after the vampire encounter.

ronin

well as I said, I had the vampire encounter already, and back then I had sola installed .... and it didnt seem as if it was buggy or anything.. oh well :x
Vlad
I have never played these mods so it's up to you to test their compatibility with TS. People reported no problems with Kelsey before, but I have no idea about others in the list. Anyway it's wise to install TS first. I hope you didn't miss Baldurdash 1.12 to install before installation of TS.

There is a guy in Umar Hills who approches you if you have the cryptic letter from Skin Dancer and Human Skin item in your inventory. So the quest basically starts there.
Cornuthaum
QUOTE(Vlad @ Dec 9 2005, 05:05 PM)
I have never played these mods so it's up to you to test their compatibility with TS. People reported no problems with Kelsey before, but I have no idea about others in the list. Anyway it's wise to install TS first. I hope you didn't miss Baldurdash 1.12 to install before installation of TS.

There is a guy in Umar Hills who approches you if you have the cryptic letter from Skin Dancer and Human Skin item in your inventory. So the quest basically starts there.

Oh.... dang biggrin.gif

I always drop the letter since I basically know what the solution is (comes with playing BG once too often)

edit:

KACHIKO_SAVEDshould be =2, right?

and

KACHIKO_REBORN? =2 or =1 ?

guess what, KACHIKO_SAVED is set to "2", and Yoshimo -still- leaves me! sad.gif

Waaa sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Edit #2434:

VICTORY! HAHAAHAHAHAHAHA !!

Rejoice, world, for Yoshimo is WITH ME! *Insane laughter*

The trick is NOT TO GO IN VIA THE WARDSTONE-WAY!

Desharik's way is the one that let me keep Yoshimo...

/me does a happy-little-squee-dance of goodness...

finally I can continue playing Baldurs GAte smile.gif

edit #2435:

Stop being happy.

The "Irenicus kills those nasty Shadow Thieves and sucks out my soul" thingie doesn't happen, I'm just standing around in the bubble...

why, WHY, cant it just work as it should *sob*
Cornuthaum
OK, the situation as it is:

When I go in via Desharik, Yoshimo stays but I never get into the Spellhold Maze, as the soul-suckery does not happen, and thusly, I can scrap that game

When I go in via the Wardstone, Yoshimo betrays me, I can kill him, and Kachiko doesn't even say a word. Yoshimo drops all items he had on him plus the black heart as if he was a traitor. I could go on with this, but I don't want to, as I wish to keep Yoshimo.

ooookay, now it seems that tortured souls does not accept my kelsey too.... i think thats it for TS :/ Sola alone I could have lived without but Kelsey is a must-be.... *snif* so much for Kachiko and Yoshimo... was nice knowing you guys *wave* sad.gif
ronin69hof
Kelsey works perfectly fine with TS, I have used him a couple of times with TS and had absolutely no problems.

Solafein wont work with TS because one of the vampires .cre files overwrites one of Solafeins and it screws up his dialogues. If Vlad or Weimer would change the name of the .cre file there would be no compatibilities between the two mods. I dont remember which mod came out first so I dont know who to ask to change the cre file.

ronin
Vlad
Cornuthaum, you are too hasty to reject TS, but it's your decision... and it actually saves my time debugging your game. Thank you.
Vlad
Cornuthaum, below is your saved game after the dream and talk with Bodhi. Yoshimo is in party, Kachiko talks about his betrayal. I don't see the problem here. The problem is that for some strange reason Irenicus doesn't see Yoshimo and therefore thinks he is not in party. Hence I would recommend to move Yoshimo a bit closer to Irenicus and remove his invisibility items. But I'll check why he is not visible to Irenicus even if he stands close and visible.
Vlad
Okay, the problem is solved in a simple way. Move Yoshimo first so Irenicus really sees him, and then you'll have a long dialogue with Irenicus, and after that he teleports you to your dream, and then everything per usual... This is your saved game you sent me and I really don't see any problem with it except that Irenicus should see Yoshimo and recognise him being in the group.
Cornuthaum
goody-good, I still have the save with Yoshimo and Kachiko before going into the asylum smile.gif

so, I'll finish SoA&ToB with Kelsey and that pest Jan now and then I'll go through with Yoshimo&Kachiko happy.gif (after all, the story is highly intriguing)
amitlath
QUOTE(Vlad @ Dec 8 2005, 05:24 PM)

BanterPack (!)

hi,

is ts-bp 6.04 compatible with banter pack 5?

thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.