Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some (possibly mad) suggestions
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Bestial Animations
Nerik
Hello Galactygon,

Any further progress on death animations? I've had an idea, I don't know if it is practical, but my thought is this - if you are forced to used VCC's for the death animations, would it be possible to create 1 VCC per facing from the imported animation BAMs?

You could then either....

1) Choose a random direction for the creature to die in (possible, I think)

2) Choose the correct animation depending on the creatures facing (I'm not sure this is possible).

The body could be handled as a dropped item, and like the VCC,one could be created for each facing, but syncronising the 'body' facing with the 'death' facing may be a bit tricky.

The down side to this is that a lot of files would need to be created (1 per facing per creature).

Charles
Galactygon
I haven't done anything regarding the actual implementation of the death animations, but I have thought out a few solutions that I will one day try.

I've had an idea, I don't know if it is practical, but my thought is this - if you are forced to used VCC's for the death animations, would it be possible to create 1 VCC per facing from the imported animation BAMs?

It is possible to create a single .vvc that plays a .bam file depending on the direction the creature is currently facing. The .vvc uses the first 9 sequences of the .bam file played.

-Galactygon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.