Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NEJ2v42B Installation Error
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
erebusant
I downloaded NEJ2v42B and while extracting NEJ2\Leina\music\MxLeina\MxLeinaA.acm I get error of "CRC failed in Nej2\Leina\music\MxLeina\MxLeinaA.acm". This occured on the download I did on Nov 22 from Blackwyrm Lair, and when it occured I re-downloaded the .rar file with the same result. Needless to say, it woofs the Leina installation in the 4.2 install, along with not allowing upgrade to v6.02.

Would someone please be so kind as to e-mail me the NEJ2\Leina\music\MxLeina\MxLeinaA.acm file so I can copy it to the proper directory and do a proper installation?

My e-mail is erebusant@verizon.net

Thanks so much!!! wacko.gif
ronin69hof
check your mail. 13mb attachment, hope you have a fast connection.

ronin
Vlad
...and you need to thoroughly clean your BG2 folder from any traces of the previous attempts to install NeJ2, then manually decompress the archive in a separate folder (if you succeed to do so) and replace the corrupted file with a new one, and only then to move all the decompressed content into your BG2 folder prior to installation. That's why I strongly recommended to download NeJ2v42b from other locations.

P.S. I've checked the NeJ2v42b.exe archive and it decompresses without any problem so right now I'm uploading it again to BWL site. If you prefer you may try to download it once again.

P.P.S. I'm sorry Chris to learn about all these problems. I hope you'll succeed to install NeJ2 eventually.
Telmar
There is the same problem - "CRC failed in Nej2\Leina\music\MxLeina\MxLeinaA.acm"

But when I found old (about two months ago) file NeJ2v42b.exe - installation - OK.
Vlad
The file has been uploaded once again to BWL site:

http://vlad.blackwyrmlair.net/download2.html

Please inform me if there is still a problem with it.
Quint
Why can't you just pull it from the backup folder and overwrite the corrupted version? Since the backup folder was created first and did not register any errors, that version should be okay. (I extracted the game late last night and did not get the chance to test it. Will do so this evening).
Sir-Kill
Vlad is there any change in the package that you just uploaded? I just downloaded the new one and there seems to be the same.
btw 343 mb in 8 min. 15 sec. if any are intrested.
erebusant
I got ronin's .acm file and plugged it into the correct location and re-installed with no problems. Looks like it will work now! Thanks for the help, all.

tongue.gif
Vlad
Vlad is there any change in the package that you just uploaded? I just downloaded the new one and there seems to be the same.

It is the same file. I've just uploaded it once again to be sure the RAR EXE archive is not corrupted.
Baronius
I downloaded the file and it extracted properly, without any problems.

Perhaps the file was under upload on Nov 22 when you were downloading it, so you have downloaded only a part of it which obviously resulted in an error.
iopden
Same problem....
I Just put in and rename the acm from Viconia of original BG2
The download has began at 2/12/05.
Vlad
I Just put in and rename the acm from Viconia of original BG2

You cannot do this.
iopden
[QUOTE]

You cannot do this.

Why? I thought its like ordinary music file.

If I am wrong maybe you could upload this file temporarily for those who has such problems?
Vlad
I really don't understand this problem. If you think the download archive is broken then please try another link, for example Dragon's Hoard. What was the link you've downloaded NeJ2v42b from?
erebusant
The easiest way to take care of the problem if it occurs to you is to copy the LeinaA.acm file from the "Backup 8" directory, and then paste it into the Leina Music directory (I'll look up the exact path when I get home tonite) and then run the installation again. It loads the MxLeina just fine during the installation then and does not roll back the Leina component installation.

Copy from Black Isle\BGII-SoA\Nej2\Backup\8\MxLeina.acm

Paste to Black Isle\BGII-SoA\Nej2\Leina\music\MxLeina
iopden
Just found the backup folder is 62Mb in size. Maybe Vlad shuold repack it for saving peoples traffic?

As for my opinion the mod is wonderfull and mostly bugfree. I am now in Severed Hand and there were only one CTD with Hrothgar (2 bad files in override).
Vlad
Thank you for your kind feedback. With regards to BACKUP folder, I cannot repack it because it's not mine, it's yours. biggrin.gif It's created dynamically during your installation backing up your own files. I just supply a dummy empty folder in order to prevent WeiDU installation errors, and it's filled with your own files upon installation. cigar1.jpg
iopden
Upps...
But how MxLeinaA.acm reported bad crc managed to be in Backup/8 ???
As I understand this file wasnt in original BG.
gingerrr
Hi, hope you can help me with installation. I try to install just exactly the recommended way: patch+baldurash+TS+NEJ+NEJ patch.
When I install NeJ2v602 it gives an error loading music/MxLeina.mus and stops the installation. I tried to download the patch once more, but it did not help.
I attach the SETUP-NEJ2V602 file.
erebusant
Gingerrr, you have a corrupted MxLeinaA.acm file. I had the same issue. After you extract NEJ242B it will create a NEJ, and a NEJ2 directory in your main SoA - BGII root directory. In your NEJ2\backup\8 directory you will find the file "MxLeinaA.acm". Copy that file, and then paste it to your NEJ2\Leina\music\MxLeina directory and re-run your installation and it should install just fine.
gingerrr
Actually I read your comment on the previous page and tried to do that, but it did not help. And the file the installation refers to is mus, not acm. I check MxLeina.mus in Leina folder and Backup folder, and the size of the file is 1kb, so I believe it may be corrupted. If I am right, can somebody send me the file to gingerrr@inbox.ru, please? I want to play this mod so badly so I am very upset that I can not install it sad.gif
Vlad
Please check whether you have this file MxLeina.mus in your MUSIC directory and what's its size. It should be 32 kb. You may not install the patch several times if it's not installed. Please could you repeat your installation once:

1. SoA (full!) + ToB (full!) + ToB patch 24689 + Baldurdash 1.12 --> backup your OVERRIDE and DIALOG.TLK!

2. Install NeJ2 v4.2b + patch v6.02 --> backup your OVERRIDE and DIALOG.TLK!
gingerrr
Thanks! I managed to install it though in a strange way. I checked my MUSIC folder, there was MxLeina.mus there and it was 32 kb, but the installation still did not work. So I copied MxLeina.mus from Backup/8 (which was also 32 kb, but different date of creaion) into Music folder, and it WORKED! Hurrah! blink.gif
Vlad
Yes, it should work this way but automatically adding the number of the song to the SONGLIST, so I guess you won't hear music while romancing Leina but I think you're not interested in female romance.
gingerrr
Actually I was interested in romancing Leina, as I started as a male PC, but well, lack of music is the least evil in comparison to lack of installation biggrin.gif

And by the way, thanks for the mod wink.gif , I am only at the very beginning, but already enjoing!
Vlad
You are most welcome gingerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... lovl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.