Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sime's soundfiles
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
Moongaze
For some reason, in every version of TS I used, some of Sime's soundfiles won't play, especially the ones on her character. Things like Acknowledgement and Select won't play, though the text appears in the message window. What could be causing this?

And yes, I use SoA+ToB, fully patched and baldurdashed, no other mods but TS.
Vlad
Thanks for this report Moongaze. I found that there are missprintings in installation file Setup-TS.TP2. All the sounds with the number greater than 09 has the extra 0 which is reduntant:

COPY~TS/cre/Sime06.cre~ ~override/Sime06.cre~
SAY NAME1 ~Sime~
SAY NAME2 ~Sime~
SAY 0xa8 ~I... I will return!~ [CSIME01]
SAY 0xac ~This company is brave and just. I am proud to call you my friend.~ [CSIME02]
SAY 0xb0 ~Now, that’s not going good at all.~ [CSIME03]
SAY 0xb4 ~How are we better than thugs? I will not stay long if we go on like this.~ [CSIME04]
SAY 0xb8 ~Ciao! I am better off on my own, than with a wretch like you!~ [CSIME05]
SAY LEADER ~Wait for me! I am your leader! Wait for me! How I am supposed to lead you if you won’t wait for me?~ [CSIME06]
SAY BATTLE_CRY1 ~For Mielikki!~ [CSIME09]
SAY BATTLE_CRY2 ~Look out, here I come!~ [CSIME010]
SAY BATTLE_CRY3 ~(*Laughs*) You can cross the Shadow Thieves, but do not cross Sime!~ [CSIME011]
SAY TIRED ~I can go on, but is your need that pressing? Give us some rest, will you?~ [CSIME07]
SAY 0xc4 ~(*Mumbles some tune*) Can we go now?~ [CSIME08]
SAY DYING ~My weapons are at the ready, but my life is over.~ [CSIME013]
SAY HURT ~Zut! Another scratch!~ [CSIME012]
SAY AREA_CITY ~It is lively; I’d give it that.~ [CSIME015]
SAY AREA_DUNGEON ~Dark and dirty. No wonder it’s full of madmen and slime.~ [CSIME016]
SAY AREA_FOREST ~I wish I could set my camp and stay here for a few days.~ [CSIME014]
SAY AREA_DAY ~I greet you Sun.~ [CSIME017]
SAY AREA_NIGHT ~I can see my mother smiling at me in the moonlight.~ [CSIME018]
SAY SELECT_COMMON1 ~Yes? I am all ears.~ [CSIME019]
SAY SELECT_COMMON2 ~Let’s see what you have come up with?~ [CSIME020]
SAY SELECT_COMMON3 ~Something new every day.~ [CSIME021]
SAY SELECT_COMMON4 ~You called?~ [CSIME022]
SAY SELECT_COMMON5 ~I am still here, friend.~ [CSIME023]
SAY SELECT_COMMON6 ~I will humor you this time.~ [CSIME024]
SAY SELECT_ACTION1 ~I’ll see what I can do.~ [CSIME025]
SAY SELECT_ACTION2 ~Immediately!~ [CSIME026]
SAY SELECT_ACTION3 ~Your wish is granted.~ [CSIME027]
SAY SELECT_ACTION4 ~And you wanted it done when? Yesterday?~ [CSIME028]
SAY SELECT_ACTION5 ~It shall be accomplished.~ [CSIME029]
SAY SELECT_ACTION6 ~I’d rather be hunting. But if you insist...~ [CSIME030]
SAY 0x1a0 ~You remind me my father sometimes, same persistence.~ [CSIME031]
SAY 0x1a4 ~I will not fail you.~ [CSIME032]
SAY CRITICAL_HIT ~If only every hit was that perfect!~ [CSIME033]
SAY CRITICAL_MISS ~Sometimes we hit, sometimes we miss. That’s life.~ [CSIME034]
SAY TARGET_IMMUNE ~I need a better weapon and quick!~ [CSIME035]
SAY INVENTORY_FULL ~Really, we need to get rid off some junk!~ [CSIME036]
SAY SPELL_DISRUPTED ~Ahem... here goes my spell. I am sorry, I could not concentrate!~ [CSIME037]
SAY BIO ~This vivacious blonde talks and acts as if the world is one big fare and she does not intend to miss anything. Sime laughs easily, can dance a night away and she sings a song about a great battle of old with equal enthusiasm as a one about love. Through this bravado you can hear a gentler voice, the true voice of Sime Linvail. After a while you learn that she is a daughter of Athkatla’s Shadow Master. Sime Linvail visits Athkatla once in a while to meet with her father. These meetings however always end up in an argument over Aran’s dealings and Sime flees the city vowing never to come back.~

Obviously it should be fixed in the next release. However if you wish you may do this yourself, just open your saved game in NI, choose Sime, and in her .CRE files replace the corresponding strings with wrong sound names with those where you add the correct (existing) sounds. For example you'd like to edit the string BATTLE_CRY2, which is ~Look out, here I come!~ [CSIME010] by changing the assossiated sound to [CSIME10]. Alternatively, and it may be faster, is just to rename all the CSIMEXX.WAV files in your override to CSIME0XX.WAV. So you won't need to edit your dialog.tlk then.
Cornuthaum
By the way, is it possible to "mute" Sime? No offense against you or the person who provided the soundfiles, but my ears start bleeding when she's talking (I just dont like the voice) :X
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.