Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC mod paradigm
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
jastey
Oookay this might sound like a stupid question but which of the available NPC mods do you consider to be a good example of "necessary" coding features in current WeiDU language? (With necessary I mean all these things like interjections, NPC-dilaogue CHAINS, fate spirit dialogue and epilogue in ToB etc., all packed up in a .tp2 using all the new WeiDU features I didn't catch up yet such as ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES etc.) Still it shouldn't be too complicated (I could handle .d-.tra pairs, though.)

I am looking for an example to grap the coding only and to get to know the new WeiDU features mostly, I do not intend to steal any unique ideas or somesuch.

The reason is that I tend to learn best from examples. So far it was mostly Kelsey smile.gif

And uh-oh please this is not meant as a discussion about which modder you think codes the best and why others don't.
Andyr
Kelsey's a pretty solid example, yeah. If you're looking for something coded by a different modder then Mur'Neth might be worth perusal (though it has less content than Kelsey, it has a bit of everything--including code to add a new kit, crossmod stuff, and Tales of the Sword Coast file checks). But hey, I'm biased. wink.gif
kulyok
Kelsey's got pretty outdated code, though. So does Nathaniel. I'd look at Ghareth... but, actually, I've seen your Ajantis code, and it was one of the best I've seen, I've even picked up some tips! Why would *you* need help? smile.gif
jastey
Oh, thank you Kulyok, what a nice flattering statement to start the day with wub.gif

I assume you mean Ajantis BG1NPC, because everything from my (German) Ajantis BGII mod I took from Kelsey smile.gif (well, most)

I need help with all the new cool WeiDU features that came up the passing year. Especially .tp2 coding because all I did during that time was scripting and dialogues... I need examples to actually get an idea what there is available. I've never came up with the idea of a fix-it script if I hadn't seen it being used for Kelsey, for example.

Andyr: Thank you, it's a good idea to list the features of the proposed mod.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.