Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What did I do wrong?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
ronin69hof
get the following error when installing nej2. the other components install ok

Install Component [Never Ending Journey v4.2 - Part 2]
[Y]es or [N]o or [Q]uit? y

Installing [Never Ending Journey v4.2 - Part 2]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Compiling 219 scripts ...
Compiling 129 dialogue files ...

ERROR locating resource for 'APPEND'
Resource [SIMEJ.DLG] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [NeJ2/dlg/aSIMEJ.D]: Failure("resource [SIMEJ.
DLG] not found for 'APPEND'")
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Never Ending Journey v4.2 - Part 2], rolling back to previous
state
Will uninstall 220 files for [SETUP-NEJ2.TP2] component 7.
Uninstalled 220 files for [SETUP-NEJ2.TP2] component 7.
ERROR: Failure("resource [SIMEJ.DLG] not found for 'APPEND'")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-NEJ2.DEBUG to Vlad & Larrienne

Install Component [Never Ending Journey v4.2 - Part 2]

any help would be much appreciated

thanks in advance

ronin
Golden Thief
ronin69hof,

Need a little more info.
Are you only installing NEJ?
If so did you use official patch and then Balduerdash 1.12 and another thing if you did all that are you installing it in the same directory as your SOA&TOB install or did you put it all in another directory so that you can have multiple installs. If so I think that is the problem. If i remember correctly when I did it that way I got errors, so when I moved everything back to the install directory it went ok. I then moved it out to my other directory had the game plays fine.
DesertRanger
Hm, don´t know why you got that critical error for me it went smoothly, but the sime dialog is not essential for NEJ (sime is an NPC of tortured souls and you don´t need the simej.dlg if you don´t install TS - NEJ actually includes a simej.d file, but should compile it, not append it ).

Anyway, easiest solution should be to open the NEJ2.tp file in your favourite editor and comment out (//) or delete the line handling the simej file. As said, you don´t need it for NEJ - but you need it if you install TS.
ronin69hof
I was only installing NEJ. I had first installed SoA, TOB w/official patch and the BD 1.12 stuff as normal. Single install no multi install.

Guess I gotta whip out the good ole CONText and comment out the offending line

thanks for your help

ronin
Vlad
Ronin, you've got a wrong installation file. The only line in my Setup-NeJ2.TP2 with respect to Sime is:

COMPILE ~NeJ2/fix/SimeJ.d~

It seems you have the very old version of the TP2 file left in your BG2 folder. I suspect then you'll meet more problems in your game. So please, download the latest version of NeJ2 v4.2b from my site:

http://vlad.blackwyrmlair.net/

and the latest patch v6.0a, and clean out your BG2 folder from old files before installation. Then proceed as normal.
ronin69hof
I will download it again but thats where I downloaded it. I also had no previous version of NEJ installed or extracted to my game directory. When its done being downloaded I will do another complete install and let you know how it goes.

ronin
derkoth the disgruntled
Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd piggyback on this one, since it's also about install issues. NEJ2v42b installs perfectly well for me now. No worries there. Problem is, when I go to install the 6.0a patch, I get an error message that says something like:

INTERNAL DIALOG LABEL [248] MISSING IN IMOEN2J.DLG

Then the WeiDU command line window seizes and crashes to the desktop. Any workarounds out there? Is this something someone has seen before?

I tried re-downloading and re-installing the 6.0a patch, but it didn't seem to work. Oh, and it's a clean install, ToB patched, BD 1.12 installed. The only other mod installed is TS 6.03. Any advice?

DtD
Vlad
It can be absent only in case you didn't install this dialogue that means the installation of NeJ2 v4.2b was not so smooth. Looking back at your posts it seems to me that something wrong goes with your basic installation. Please detail step by step what you've installed, what is the version you've installed including basic installation of your BG2 game + patches. What's the version of BG2, is it English? Is it the full installation of the game? How did you install Baldurdash? In order to help you I really need this very detailed information.

P.S. By the way what are the components of both the mods you have installed? Did you install Imoen's Kit?
derkoth the disgruntled
Okay, here's what the installation directory has in it (all in the English version):

BG2 Full Install
ToB Full Install
ToB Patch 26498 (or whatever the latest one is)
BD Fixes, v1.12 (non-WeiDU)
TS v6.03

No, I don't have Imoen's kit installed. Neither do I have any of the miscellaneous fixes, except for aVENGER's Dual-Wielding Rogue fix, IIRC. I have most of the other kits, but not Jaheira's. I don't have the debug files for NEJ1, but attached is the debug file for NEJ2. The syntax of the error is:

WARNING: internal label [248] not found in processed DLG [IMOEN2J]

I suppose you haven't seen this before, then. Next time I'm on my gaming computer I'll get my NEJ1 debug file and submit it. Finally, the IMOEN2J file does exist in my NEJ files.

I'm awfully curious as to what the problem is here. Can I use an older patch in the meantime? I know 6.0b isn't compatible with TS, but is an earlier patch I might have downloaded? Do you think replacing that one file with a fresh version would help?

Thanks in advance... DtD
Vlad
No, I don't have Imoen's kit installed.

Well, this is the source of the problem. I would strongly recommend to install this component from all points of view. If you have the backup of original override folder and dialog.tlk file I would recommend to clean out your main BG2 installation folder from all TS-NeJ2 related files, delete your current override and dialog.tlk and copy/paste back the original ones. Then you may install again TS v6.03 + NeJ2 v4.2b (including Imoen's Kit) + NeJ2 v 6.0a patch from scratch. Otherwise you'll need to reinstall the whole game.
derkoth the disgruntled
No problem with that, Vlad. I suppose since I'm the only poster on this issue, that most people go ahead and install the custom Imoen kit. I'll try installing with the kit, and see if that helps out.

Regards... DtD
derkoth the disgruntled
Update, FYI... Adding Imoen's kit fixed that little problem. All installs perfectly well now. Thanks... DtD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.